Green Diesel Engineering tune for WK - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Green Diesel Engineering tune for WK

The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Check out our NEW Steering Stuff!

Unread 05-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #16
4running

Thanks for the reply-

So do I need to accommodate those sensors? Or if I make a pipe can I eliminate the need for them with the software entirely? The pipes for the 6.7 cummins look to be just a straight pipe, no bungs for sensors at all.

4running is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #17
wkcrd
2007 WK 

Today I received and installed the Eco tune on my 2007 WK Overland. I bought the flash tool as well.

So far:

Incredible. You can feel the improvement in turbo response almost as soon as your foot pushes the pedal. I also noticed that keeping at cruising speed (60 or 80 km/h in my area) requires a lot less depth on the pedal than before. It feels like your foot is barely touching but you just cruise. Off the line performance is greatly improved, but I noticed it more at low speed acceleration; downshift and punch it at 50 km/h, (or punch it and let it downshift) and I was thrown back in my seat. My vehicle before this was a 2007 Acura MDX, and this experience in the WK reminds me of that acceleration. It could just be me but it seems like it starts a little faster as well. Again, maybe its just me, but it seemed a little louder also.

I can't wait to tow with it.

Here's my fuel economy data

As a very welcome surprise these days, I had amazing service. Keith is always fast and courteous on email, item was delivered as described, and Keith went out of his way to make sure I had the tuned engine control file very, very quickly after I had sent him my original, all by email.

More to come later, but so far I would highly recommend this product.
wkcrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #18
Larz12345
2007 WK 

Your economy data is all pre-install correct? It's about the same numbers I am getting, which I haven't done anything to my CRD. I am getting pissed with Inmotion. I've left multiple messages and called a half dozen times, no response. Glad to know there is an alternative.
Larz12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #19
scootr29
2008 WK 

I think I may try the Custom Spooling option that deletes the DPF...
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #20
wkcrd
2007 WK 

Larz12345: Yes, that data was all pre-tune.

I should have some preliminary data in a week or two, depending on how long this tank lasts.
Unread 08-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #21
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

cant wait to see some new data with the tune

how was it getting the tuner shipped to Canada?
I live in BC, so usually the wait time is around 2 weeks...
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #22
mazster43
2007 WK 

I've been running the ECO tune for some time now. Getting 23/24 on normal driving in the city and almost 25 if I baby it. Highway mileage is about the same pushing 80 mph.
mazster43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #23
third man

How much collected pre-tune data would be sufficient? Just picked up the CRD and I'm interested in the getting it tuned.

When the hot tune is released will it be an additional cost? I'd like to be able to switch between the Eco tune for daily driving and a Hot tune for when it's desired.
third man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #24
GDE
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by third man View Post
How much collected pre-tune data would be sufficient? Just picked up the CRD and I'm interested in the getting it tuned.

When the hot tune is released will it be an additional cost? I'd like to be able to switch between the Eco tune for daily driving and a Hot tune for when it's desired.

We would like to see at least 5-6 tanks of pre-tune fuel economy data.

We are not planning a HOT tune at this moment, the ECO tune is already fairly hot. If a customer requests more power/torque we can meet their needs. The newest European applications with this motor are able to get close to 270hp. Our concern with the WK is the turbo and fuel system, we heard these are different on the latest Euro motor and the WK may not have enough airflow with the stock hardware to reach 270 without high exhaust temps. If a HOT tune is released it would be $150 as a second tune.
GDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #25
third man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDE View Post
We would like to see at least 5-6 tanks of pre-tune fuel economy data.

We are not planning a HOT tune at this moment, the ECO tune is already fairly hot. If a customer requests more power/torque we can meet their needs. The newest European applications with this motor are able to get close to 270hp. Our concern with the WK is the turbo and fuel system, we heard these are different on the latest Euro motor and the WK may not have enough airflow with the stock hardware to reach 270 without high exhaust temps. If a HOT tune is released it would be $150 as a second tune.
I'll start keeping data just in case...though it may take a while to get through 5 tanks.

In post #7 you said you had a hot tune in testing, so I assumed one would be released.

Thanks for the info.
third man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #26
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Ive had the ECO tune for a while now, love it completely! I've dropped to 12.5l/100k city running, and the extra torque down low is awesome off-road.

On the power side, at Mopar Sunday just last weekend Stu ran a 14.9 at around 94mph on the 1/4 mile, running 265/70 all terrains but has a custom 3" exhaust, no other mods at all! Eat your heart out Hemis!

Top job with the tune Kevin!

Dave
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 06:40 PM   #27
wkcrd
2007 WK 

Fuel economy data updated. Just got 11L/100km (21.5 mpg) in the city with a ****load of WOT off the line.

I had some issues with the CRD earlier this year. The dealer ended up replacing the turbo, the EGR and ECM. They told me they replaced the TCM too but I don't see it on the service record.

Anyhow, I'm going to replace the fuel filter and hypermile this next tank with a view of achieving better than 10L/100km.

So far the tune is delivering as promised.
Unread 09-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #28
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

Did the tune have anything to do with ur trucks problems?
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #29
wkcrd
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
Did the tune have anything to do with ur trucks problems?
No, I don't think so. I talked extensively with Keith about how the tune works and through my discussions with the dealer about the issues with the vehicle, it seems highly, highly unlikely. In fact, I think the tune helped keep the vehicle working for the 10 days between when the new EGR valve was ordered and when it was installed. The EGR valve was opening too far when it opened. The GDE tune disables EGR function (someone correct me if I'm wrong, maybe it only reduces frequency? is that possible?) so I was able to keep the vehicle for our summer vacation. Without the tune we would have had to rent a vehicle for 10 days and tow our boat with it. As far as the ECM replacement - I don't believe it needed replacing. The dealer saw an opportunity to do $10k worth of work at no cost to the consumer, so they took it.

Last edited by wkcrd; 09-26-2011 at 08:48 PM..
Unread 09-26-2011, 08:54 PM   #30
wkcrd
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkcrd View Post
No, I don't think so. I talked extensively with Keith about how the tune works and through my discussions with the dealer about the issues with the vehicle, it seems highly, highly unlikely. In fact, I think the tune helped keep the vehicle working for the 10 days between when the new EGR valve was ordered and when it was installed. The EGR valve was opening too far when it opened. The GDE tune disables EGR function (someone correct me if I'm wrong, maybe it only reduces frequency? is that possible?) so I was able to keep the vehicle for our summer vacation. Without the tune we would have had to rent a vehicle for 10 days and tow our boat with it. As far as the ECM replacement - I don't believe it needed replacing. The dealer saw an opportunity to do $10k worth of work at no cost to the consumer, so they took it.
Plus, the issues worsened when I took the tune off.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.