Great hatch, rear glass, and hood strut service - strutwise.com - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 06-19-2017, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
badgerwithhands
2007 WK 

Garage
Great hatch, rear glass, and hood strut service - strutwise.com

I couldn't find the thread where I was told of strutwise.com, but I decided to jump on it. The only downside to working with Frank is he is in Canada, so there is a shipping delay. That was literally the only downside.

I took all 5 of the struts off, mailed them to Frank, and (without shipping) had them in 3 days. Shipping was about 10 days on the front end and 4 days on the back end. That's calendar days, not business. I sent them cheapest possible, he returned them priority mail.

They work GREAT. He replaced two of mine without changing the quoted price and told me immediately that they were unserviceable. That's good customer service. Two strikes of the lift glass key and it opens, all of the way! I still haven't found if I'm going to try and add an auto opener for the main gate, but you can tell the struts can handle it.

Removing proved 10x more difficult than installation. When removing, I had a 2x4 holding the main hatch and then the hood. I had to wait for my wife to get home to hold the glass so I wouldn't scratch it. Stupid little clips are annoying.

Installation was a breeze. I held up the main gate, I'm 6'2" if that helps, and it's push to snap. That's it.

TAKE PICTURES. The orientation is important. I'm not sure they can go on incorrectly, but I triple checked my before photos to be sure.

07 WK Overland CRD, cargo LEDs, OME HD, MOPAR skids, rack,
future mods: tires, lights, CB, skids,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.