Grand cherokee 2inch suspension lift - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Grand cherokee 2inch suspension lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #31
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

I pb blasted the bolt for a week, when I took it out I had the LCA supported by a floor jack, just barely compressing the strut, loosed the top of the strut, then the clevis bolt and she slid right out.

ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #32
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
I pb blasted the bolt for a week, when I took it out I had the LCA supported by a floor jack, just barely compressing the strut, loosed the top of the strut, then the clevis bolt and she slid right out.
Well hopefully it will come out of there nice and easy for me. But from how long it took me to break the rusted up oil bolt loose.. I'm betting it won't be fun lol. Am I the only one who was a little upset about the newer GC's no longer having the 4.0?
jeremymayflower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #33
longboy
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremymayflower View Post
Am I the only one who was a little upset about the newer GC's no longer having the 4.0?
Not me, I have the 5.7

[former 4.0 WJ owner, decided I had to have more power]
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #34
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by longboy View Post

Not me, I have the 5.7

[former 4.0 WJ owner, decided I had to have more power]
Ahh I see lol. Don't get me wrong I like my 3.7.. But I loved that straight 6.
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #35
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

not really upset about the 4.0L more upset i didnt get the 5.7L
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #36
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Lol well then I guess I really am the only one upset about it
Unread 11-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #37
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Can anyone help me out by giving me a list of all the tools needed to do the lift including changing shocks/struts? Also, pros and cons for throwing 265/65/17s on and could I throw them on before doing the lift or would that create a problem such as rubbing?
Unread 11-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #38
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremymayflower View Post
Can anyone help me out by giving me a list of all the tools needed to do the lift including changing shocks/struts? Also, pros and cons for throwing 265/65/17s on and could I throw them on before doing the lift or would that create a problem such as rubbing?
You'd rub without a lift. You need a metric socket set, deep sockets preferably, metric wrench set, big *** hammer, pb blaster or equivalent, a ball joint separator, spring compressors (highly suggest wall mounted, or take them somewhere, cheap eBay/amazon ones can snap) air tools and lots of patients is also recommended
Unread 11-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #39
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

I assume I can get the ball joint separator from auto zone or online? Can I get by without air tools? Any idea on much I can expect to be charged for spring compression, so I dont get ripped off. Im gonna take a whack at it but im very nervous of getting stuck halfway.. I appreciate all of the tips.
Unread 11-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #40
dieseljeep07

2007 WK 

I used the ball joint separator and spring compressor for free from autozone. Along with hand tools to do my 2"lift. It was such a pain that I opted to pay for my new 4"superlift to be installed. PlusI never did get that bolt out on the lower control arm, it took a lot of work, but I weaseled the spring and strut out. My advice, don't take everything apart until you get that lower control arm bolt to move.
dieseljeep07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #41
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Ive done the RC and OME HD lift with nothing but hand tools but took the struts to a shop that charged $10/strut to disassemble and reassemble.
Unread 11-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #42
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Would it be a big risk to do the lift and wait a couple months to change my tires? I wouldn't think it would but my tires have very minimum tread
Unread 11-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #43
BAH101
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremymayflower
Would it be a big risk to do the lift and wait a couple months to change my tires? I wouldn't think it would but my tires have very minimum tread
No risk to the Jeep, just to your image
Unread 11-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #44
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Image? I have no tint, bald tires and all stock equipped.. what image do I have left lol
Unread 11-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #45
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

^^^^^^ this rofl Rolf love it!
Anyway, it's still a jeep man, it comes with image as standard equipment.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Bigdlensch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
body lift , jeep wk , suspension lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.