Grand cherokee 2inch suspension lift - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Grand cherokee 2inch suspension lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #16
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon155 View Post
Body lifts only work on vehicles with a separate frame and body. The WK is a unibody, there are no body lift's for our jeeps. I would go with the rough country if you're looking for a 2" spacer lift. It's made with steel spacers and it's tough as nails. You can fit up to a 32" tire using that lift with the help of the pinch weld/rear fender mod. You mention you want a suspension lift though, the best way to get a full 3" lift is the Old Man Emu MD/HD lift. It's around 700 bucks, and it includes all new struts/shocks and heavier duty springs. You can save some by using the HD springs with different shock/strut options. I'd suggest doing a search, there are plenty of thread's about these lifts and all the options that go with them.
Thanks for the advice! I think ill go with the 2" rough country for now. Do you advise upgrading shocks? I won't be needing anything to serious since I'm running a 2wd. Just want to still be capable of some minor off-road. Nothing crazy.

jeremymayflower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #17
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremymayflower View Post
Thanks for the advice! I think ill go with the 2" rough country for now. Do you advise upgrading shocks? I won't be needing anything to serious since I'm running a 2wd. Just want to still be capable of some minor off-road. Nothing crazy.
Contact Kolak about shocks and struts. How many miles do you have on your shocks and struts now?
Unread 08-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #18
Anon155
2005 WK 

^^^^ Exactly what I was gonna say. Kolak is an awesome guy to buy from. He also has great knowledge and advice about his products. I always advice people to get new shocks and struts when putting on a lift, unless you are really looking to save the cash. Heavier duty shocks/struts will give better performance on road and off road. For the front I would go with Bilstein HD struts, I've heard good things about them. For the rear you have a few options. You could go with the Bilstein HD's again or possibly the 5100's. Some like the Monroe Load Levelers, they give you a bit more rake in the back, with a tad firmer ride. But not harsh. Maybe Jeepforthewin can elaborate since he has them.
05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: ORT 4X4; Khaki #55
Too many mod's to list...
Anon155 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #19
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Kolak? Is this someone I should already know about lol. Well I believe there's 95k miles on them but I can't be exact since im not the original owner. Although it doesn't look as if they've ever changed anything as corroded as the plugs I just changed were..
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #20
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremymayflower
Kolak? Is this someone I should already know about lol. Well I believe there's 95k miles on them but I can't be exact since im not the original owner. Although it doesn't look as if they've ever changed anything as corroded as the plugs I just changed were..
Yes Kolak is someone you should know about haha send him a message and he will help ya!
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #21
Kolak
Vendor

Here I am

Send me a PM here on the forum or email me at kolak@aol.com and I'll be glad to assist.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #22
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Haha there you are!! Alright message sent thanks for helping. Ive never done this before is it gonna be a pain in my rectum and I should just take it to a shop before I screw it all up or what? I was gonna say jack it all up but that's actually what im wanting to do. Think it'll look decent with some 265/17 A/Ts on there?
Unread 08-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #23
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

The 2" spacer looks great with 265's. Id also say think about doing it yourself, the learning experience is well worth it, and itll be cheap then paying someone else.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #24
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
Id also say think about doing it yourself, the learning experience is well worth it, and itll be cheap then paying someone else.

Agreed. Do the work yourself. Lifting a WK is pretty straightforward and you'll learn a lot more about your Jeep and how the suspension works than having someone else do a turn-key install.

.......and you'll save cash that can be used elsewhere.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #25
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

And you have the wonderful people of jeepforum to help if you need it!
Unread 08-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #26
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Alright I appreciate all the help from everyone. Such a friendly croud of jeep lovers! I am just worried about getting stuff taken apart and being stuck lol. Any recommended youtube videos?
Unread 08-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #27
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremymayflower
Alright I appreciate all the help from everyone. Such a friendly croud of jeep lovers! I am just worried about getting stuff taken apart and being stuck lol. Any recommended youtube videos?
Check out the "notorious Clevis bolt" thread. The bolt is usually a PITA to get off but there is alot of helpful info in there to get it loosened up!
Unread 08-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #28
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Oh Wow! This doesn't seem like any bolt.. This would appear to be some sort of anti-christ! I don't think I have any of the necessary equipment for this job lol. Do I need to purchase a spring compressor and if so how much should that run? Or would I be better off just doing "rent a tool"? I plan on starting this project sometime near the end of next month so I am just trying to soak all this info in lol. I wanna make sure I'm not gonna start and be stuck halfway. Also, I am a little concerned since most people appear to be tag teaming this bolt and I am a one man operation since I don't really know anybody here..
Unread 08-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #29
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Most people that have trouble with the bolt are in snowy areas. My jeep has been in southern Texas and southern California and I had no issue with the bolt. A spring compressor is usefull for getting the rear spring in. If your replacing the strut a spring compressor is need for that as well
Unread 08-27-2013, 05:50 AM   #30
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
Most people that have trouble with the bolt are in snowy areas. My jeep has been in southern Texas and southern California and I had no issue with the bolt. A spring compressor is usefull for getting the rear spring in. If your replacing the strut a spring compressor is need for that as well
Well the problem people run into down here is when the tourists bring their cars from the north down here they will rust easily..

Tags
body lift , jeep wk , suspension lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.