Grand cherokee 2inch suspension lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Grand cherokee 2inch suspension lift

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
jeremymayflower
2005 WK 

Grand cherokee 2inch suspension lift

Hey, new to the forum and seeking some advice from more knowledgable jeep owners. I have an 05 and im looking to put a small lift on it. Been looking at Rough Country and Rocky Road suspension lifts 2.25". Had someone recommend a 2 inch suspension with 1 inch body lift but can't seem to find a BL for this model. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

jeremymayflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
Anon155
2005 WK 

Body lifts only work on vehicles with a separate frame and body. The WK is a unibody, there are no body lift's for our jeeps. I would go with the rough country if you're looking for a 2" spacer lift. It's made with steel spacers and it's tough as nails. You can fit up to a 32" tire using that lift with the help of the pinch weld/rear fender mod. You mention you want a suspension lift though, the best way to get a full 3" lift is the Old Man Emu MD/HD lift. It's around 700 bucks, and it includes all new struts/shocks and heavier duty springs. You can save some by using the HD springs with different shock/strut options. I'd suggest doing a search, there are plenty of thread's about these lifts and all the options that go with them.
05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: ORT 4X4; Khaki #55
Too many mod's to list...
Anon155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon155 View Post
Body lifts only work on vehicles with a separate frame and body. The WK is a unibody, there are no body lift's for our jeeps. I would go with the rough country if you're looking for a 2" spacer lift. It's made with steel spacers and it's tough as nails. You can fit up to a 32" tire using that lift with the help of the pinch weld/rear fender mod. You mention you want a suspension lift though, the best way to get a full 3" lift is the Old Man Emu MD/HD lift. It's around 700 bucks, and it includes all new struts/shocks and heavier duty springs. You can save some by using the HD springs with different shock/strut options. I'd suggest doing a search, there are plenty of thread's about these lifts and all the options that go with them.
This right here is the perfect response for this questions haha! I have the 2" Rough Country spacer lift on my Jeep and have no complaints about it. I've had it on since january and love the look of the Jeep. Have beaten the Jeep up quite a bit offroad and havnt had any problems with the spacers cracking/shattering or anything.
Unread 08-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #4
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

Does anyone make like a 4inch lift for the Wk's? Ive got a daystar lift but I think I am ready for more..
IndyBlueWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #5
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBlueWK
Does anyone make like a 4inch lift for the Wk's? Ive got a daystar lift but I think I am ready for more..
Superlift makes a 4" superlift and JBA also has a 4" lift
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #6
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

Which on is better? Will I need to order new front struts?
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #7
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBlueWK View Post
Which on is better? Will I need to order new front struts?
Depends haha. I havnt heard very much about the JBA kit seeing as it has a 4K price tag on it. One of the big differences though is that the JBA kit comes with coilovers for the front end. The Superlift on the other hand uses the stock front stuts and achieves the lift with a spacer. I have heard nothing but good things about the Superlift though. You can use the stock struts with the superlift or swap them out for some bilsteins. Also the Superlift kit comes with drop down brackets which will return your CV axles and all the other fun stuff up front back to factory angles. If i remember right the JBA kit's actually use parts of the Superlift kit to use in their lift. Im actually going to be placing an order for a Superlift here soon!
Unread 08-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #8
dieseljeep07

2007 WK 

Yes, I also have a Daystar 2" lift and am going to the 4" superlift once it is off back order. I mean I'm not bitter, only paid for it in May with what was expected a 2 week back order, and the latest is that they will have it in September. So maybe by 2014 I can tell you how good the lift is. Until then I'm still sitting on my Daystar.
dieseljeep07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #9
Anon155
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
Depends haha. I havnt heard very much about the JBA kit seeing as it has a 4K price tag on it. One of the big differences though is that the JBA kit comes with coilovers for the front end. The Superlift on the other hand uses the stock front stuts and achieves the lift with a spacer. I have heard nothing but good things about the Superlift though. You can use the stock struts with the superlift or swap them out for some bilsteins. Also the Superlift kit comes with drop down brackets which will return your CV axles and all the other fun stuff up front back to factory angles. If i remember right the JBA kit's actually use parts of the Superlift kit to use in their lift. Im actually going to be placing an order for a Superlift here soon!
Make sure you send it to my house
05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: ORT 4X4; Khaki #55
Too many mod's to list...
Anon155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #10
audiophonicz
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBlueWK View Post
Go Superlift. I combined the daystar lift with the superlift for 6" and love it.

Basically keep everything from the daystar kit except the front bottom strut pucks. Note: this is also with bilstein struts, not the stock fronts.
audiophonicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #11
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophonicz

Go Superlift. I combined the daystar lift with the superlift for 6" and love it.

Basically keep everything from the daystar kit except the front bottom strut pucks. Note: this is also with bilstein struts, not the stock fronts.
You had the bilstein 5100's? The adjustable ones? I was thinking if doing that route for 6" lift but I may just swap out longer coils and shocks for best performance.
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
hearld5000
2006 WK 

What are the downsides of spacers? Worse mileage? More likely to wear out parts? Bad CV joints?
hearld5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #13
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

I have 5100's and love them.
Unread 08-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #14
audiophonicz
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
You had the bilstein 5100's? The adjustable ones? I was thinking if doing that route for 6" lift but I may just swap out longer coils and shocks for best performance.
Struts are non-adjustable. Coilovers are adjustable. Mine are just struts. Dont remember the model number. My pass side strut blew a month after the SL was installed so I got the Bilstein replacement struts from Kolak. I noted it cuz I'm told (and saw) the added an extra 1/4 to 1/2 lift. Im sure you could do the 6" with stock struts but your mileage may vary.
audiophonicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #15
jeremymayflower
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon155 View Post
Thanks for the advice! I think ill go with the 2" rough country for now. Do you advise upgrading shocks? I won't be needing anything to serious since I'm running a 2wd. Just want to still be capable of some minor off-road. Nothing crazy.
jeremymayflower is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.