JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   Grand cherokee 2inch suspension lift (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/grand-cherokee-2inch-suspension-lift-1564153/)

jeremymayflower 08-18-2013 09:32 PM

Grand cherokee 2inch suspension lift

Hey, new to the forum and seeking some advice from more knowledgable jeep owners. I have an 05 and im looking to put a small lift on it. Been looking at Rough Country and Rocky Road suspension lifts 2.25". Had someone recommend a 2 inch suspension with 1 inch body lift but can't seem to find a BL for this model. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!:confused: :2thumbsup:

Anon155 08-18-2013 09:58 PM

Body lifts only work on vehicles with a separate frame and body. The WK is a unibody, there are no body lift's for our jeeps. I would go with the rough country if you're looking for a 2" spacer lift. It's made with steel spacers and it's tough as nails. You can fit up to a 32" tire using that lift with the help of the pinch weld/rear fender mod. You mention you want a suspension lift though, the best way to get a full 3" lift is the Old Man Emu MD/HD lift. It's around 700 bucks, and it includes all new struts/shocks and heavier duty springs. You can save some by using the HD springs with different shock/strut options. I'd suggest doing a search, there are plenty of thread's about these lifts and all the options that go with them.

Jeepforthewin 08-19-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon155 (Post 15809798)
Body lifts only work on vehicles with a separate frame and body. The WK is a unibody, there are no body lift's for our jeeps. I would go with the rough country if you're looking for a 2" spacer lift. It's made with steel spacers and it's tough as nails. You can fit up to a 32" tire using that lift with the help of the pinch weld/rear fender mod. You mention you want a suspension lift though, the best way to get a full 3" lift is the Old Man Emu MD/HD lift. It's around 700 bucks, and it includes all new struts/shocks and heavier duty springs. You can save some by using the HD springs with different shock/strut options. I'd suggest doing a search, there are plenty of thread's about these lifts and all the options that go with them.

This right here is the perfect response for this questions haha! I have the 2" Rough Country spacer lift on my Jeep and have no complaints about it. I've had it on since january and love the look of the Jeep. Have beaten the Jeep up quite a bit offroad and havnt had any problems with the spacers cracking/shattering or anything.

IndyBlueWK 08-20-2013 07:54 AM

Does anyone make like a 4inch lift for the Wk's? Ive got a daystar lift but I think I am ready for more..

Jeepforthewin 08-20-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyBlueWK
Does anyone make like a 4inch lift for the Wk's? Ive got a daystar lift but I think I am ready for more..

Superlift makes a 4" superlift and JBA also has a 4" lift

IndyBlueWK 08-21-2013 07:31 AM

Which on is better? Will I need to order new front struts?

Jeepforthewin 08-21-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyBlueWK (Post 15819093)
Which on is better? Will I need to order new front struts?

Depends haha. I havnt heard very much about the JBA kit seeing as it has a 4K price tag on it. One of the big differences though is that the JBA kit comes with coilovers for the front end. The Superlift on the other hand uses the stock front stuts and achieves the lift with a spacer. I have heard nothing but good things about the Superlift though. You can use the stock struts with the superlift or swap them out for some bilsteins. Also the Superlift kit comes with drop down brackets which will return your CV axles and all the other fun stuff up front back to factory angles. If i remember right the JBA kit's actually use parts of the Superlift kit to use in their lift. Im actually going to be placing an order for a Superlift here soon!

dieseljeep07 08-21-2013 09:54 AM

Yes, I also have a Daystar 2" lift and am going to the 4" superlift once it is off back order. I mean I'm not bitter, only paid for it in May with what was expected a 2 week back order, and the latest is that they will have it in September. So maybe by 2014 I can tell you how good the lift is. Until then I'm still sitting on my Daystar.

Anon155 08-21-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin (Post 15819306)
Depends haha. I havnt heard very much about the JBA kit seeing as it has a 4K price tag on it. One of the big differences though is that the JBA kit comes with coilovers for the front end. The Superlift on the other hand uses the stock front stuts and achieves the lift with a spacer. I have heard nothing but good things about the Superlift though. You can use the stock struts with the superlift or swap them out for some bilsteins. Also the Superlift kit comes with drop down brackets which will return your CV axles and all the other fun stuff up front back to factory angles. If i remember right the JBA kit's actually use parts of the Superlift kit to use in their lift. Im actually going to be placing an order for a Superlift here soon!

Make sure you send it to my house :2thumbsup:

audiophonicz 08-21-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyBlueWK (Post 15814826)

Go Superlift. I combined the daystar lift with the superlift for 6" and love it.

Basically keep everything from the daystar kit except the front bottom strut pucks. Note: this is also with bilstein struts, not the stock fronts.

Jeepforthewin 08-21-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiophonicz

Go Superlift. I combined the daystar lift with the superlift for 6" and love it.

Basically keep everything from the daystar kit except the front bottom strut pucks. Note: this is also with bilstein struts, not the stock fronts.

You had the bilstein 5100's? The adjustable ones? I was thinking if doing that route for 6" lift but I may just swap out longer coils and shocks for best performance.

hearld5000 08-21-2013 08:44 PM

What are the downsides of spacers? Worse mileage? More likely to wear out parts? Bad CV joints?

IndyBlueWK 08-22-2013 06:53 AM

I have 5100's and love them.

audiophonicz 08-22-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin (Post 15821933)
You had the bilstein 5100's? The adjustable ones? I was thinking if doing that route for 6" lift but I may just swap out longer coils and shocks for best performance.

Struts are non-adjustable. Coilovers are adjustable. Mine are just struts. Dont remember the model number. My pass side strut blew a month after the SL was installed so I got the Bilstein replacement struts from Kolak. I noted it cuz I'm told (and saw) the added an extra 1/4 to 1/2 lift. Im sure you could do the 6" with stock struts but your mileage may vary.

jeremymayflower 08-23-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon155 (Post 15809798)

Thanks for the advice! I think ill go with the 2" rough country for now. Do you advise upgrading shocks? I won't be needing anything to serious since I'm running a 2wd. Just want to still be capable of some minor off-road. Nothing crazy.

The time now is 07:16 AM.