Grand Cherokee 05 HEMI brake squeaking problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Grand Cherokee 05 HEMI brake squeaking problem

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 11-09-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
comptalk
2005 WK 

Grand Cherokee 05 HEMI brake squeaking problem

I have a Grand Cherokee 05 HEMI and having some weird problems with the brakes for the last year or so. I have had them checked at the dealership and they say nothing is wrong. When driving and normal speeds, 30 MPH and up, no breaking squeaks. As soon as the Jeep slows down below 30 MPH, they start to squeak. The slower the Jeep goes, the louder the squeak. Dealership has continuously said nothing is wrong with them. Claims the mechanic who tested the Jeep heard nothing either.

What do I do? Drives me nuts and everyone around hears me brake. Really embarrassing.

HELP!!!

comptalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #2
madmarchhare

Anti Squeal shims are probably missing. Did you have the pads replaced recently?
madmarchhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
vtxkc
2007 XK Commander 

Never heard of anti squeal shims but there are anti rattle shims. More than likely you just need to put some grease between the caliper and the back of the brake pad. That should fix it.
vtxkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
comptalk
2005 WK 

The pads were replaced about a year ago. Not much miles on the car. Maybe 30k.
Unread 11-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #5
Fizzle1979
2010 JK Wrangler 

You could take it to another dealer and get their opinion.

Who replaced the brakes? Jeep dealership?
| 2010 JK Unlimited Mountain | Rescue Green | Rugged Ridge Front Bumper | Rugged Ridge Winch Spacer | Rugged Ridge Rear Bumper | Rugged Ridge Tire Carrier | Warn Powerplant HD | Mopar Rock Sliders | Synergy Suspension Front & Rear Grab Handles | AEV 2.5" Lift | AEV Savegre Black Wheels | BFGR 35x12.50x17 KM2s | Rigid Dually LED | Boom Mat
Fizzle1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #6
comptalk
2005 WK 

Yep, the dealership.
Unread 11-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #7
08WKJGC
1998 ZJ 

Sounds like they didnt prep the pads correctly with brake grease. Have them re-apply more grease between the pad and the caliper.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.