Good PSI - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Good PSI

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
DarthJeep
2005 WK 

Good PSI

Hey guys, got the lift put in this past weekend. What is a good ON-ROAD PSI for a set of 265/70/17 Hankook DynaPro's? I have them aired to 36PSI each. Just wondering what you all run?

Unread 09-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
BAH101
2008 WK 

I got this from another thread on the forum.
Draw a line across your tire tread with chalk. Then, drive a few feet until some of the chalk is worn away. The chalk line should be worn away evenly over the length if your pressure is correct. If there is more worn in the center of the tread, you are over inflated. More worn on the outside portions, you are under inflated.
I tried it on my 265/70 17 silent armours and my ideal pressure is about 38psi.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.