good price on MBRP exhaust CRD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > good price on MBRP exhaust CRD

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 08-21-2009, 08:33 AM   #1
micky_blue

good price on MBRP exhaust CRD

Hey guys, I just ordered a MBRP stainless exhaust for less than 300 bucks. Its their mid grade exhaust (above aluminized and below 304), the 409 stainless. If you are interested about where I got it PM me and I will send you the address.

here's the link, dont know if I am allowed to post is so edit at will
MBRP Diesel Exhaust Systems - TruckCustomizers.com

enjoy
micky

micky_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2009, 05:29 AM   #2
micky_blue

I don't know if it will happen again, but I ordered it about 10 friday morning and got confirmed shipping info that afternoon.

micky
Unread 08-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
ctate
2007 WK 

Thats about what I got mine for.
07 Silver 3.0 CRD, Clifford matrix 50.5x remort start/turbo timer, 265/70R17 Goodyear DURATRACS, XD Series Spy wheels, OME Lift Kit, Kenwood navigation system with reverse camera, Inmotion tuned, Amsoil air filter, Fitch fuel catalyst, Air Lift suspension air bags with air compressor, P3 brake controller, MBRP Exhaust, Accu Pro Calibrator, Addco front/rear anti sway bar, Husky Liner floor mats, upgraded air intake tube, Quick Oil Drain Valve.
ctate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
justa4banger
2007 WK 

HAS anyone dynoed this exhaust to HONESTLY see if it is worth the gain?

Sorry but 300.00 for exhaust is awefully expensive when i haven't sen a shred of evidence that it improves anything...
Unread 08-24-2009, 12:36 AM   #5
Spider-One
2008 WK 

It would likely improve things with a CAI and DPF delete since it increases from the stock 2.75" to 3", but otherwise it probably wont do anything performance wise.
Unread 08-24-2009, 01:56 AM   #6
justa4banger
2007 WK 

WIth a dpf delete i still think the stock exhaust is adequate...

My 2.3 turbo motor was making 400+whp and 3" pipe was more than adequate and my my exhaust was only 3" on the down pipe to the 2.5" y pipe which led to dual 2.5 tail pipes..

My 2 cents this mod is pretty much a waste of money....the dpf, cats and turbo itself are a bigger restriction than the rest of the exhaust system. remember the stock system is also mandrel bent...meaning good flow.
Unread 08-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #7
micky_blue

lets look at the area between 2.5" and 3" exhaust.

Pi x radius squared is area
2.5" exhaust has an area of 4.909 sq inches (rounded)
3" exhaust gives you an area of 7.069 sq inches also rounded

a 3 inch exhaust has an area 69% larger for more flow. run that to your dual 2.5 and they have an area of almost 10 sq inches. That is a large improvement.

Now here is the down side. There is the small pipe that comes directly off the dpf, hooks up over the tranny cross memeber (going off memory here) and after this is where the exhaust hooks up. I am considering getting some more 3" tube and making my own little piece there and having it welded directly to the DPF so there will be no restriction from the DPF back. Just a thought.

Now if there is any performance gain to this I would be surprised. This is a secondary add on. I am doing this before I get my spider box just to try and make the engine breathe easier for what is coming.

micky
Unread 08-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #8
suzieque
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky_blue View Post
Now if there is any performance gain to this I would be surprised. This is a secondary add on. I am doing this before I get my spider box just to try and make the engine breathe easier for what is coming.
yeah, you likely need other mods to get any dyno increase with the mbrp exhaust, at least that is what diesel power magazine suggests.

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Exhaust Upgrade Dynojet Research Photo
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #9
justa4banger
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky_blue View Post
lets look at the area between 2.5" and 3" exhaust.

Pi x radius squared is area
2.5" exhaust has an area of 4.909 sq inches (rounded)
3" exhaust gives you an area of 7.069 sq inches also rounded

a 3 inch exhaust has an area 69% larger for more flow. run that to your dual 2.5 and they have an area of almost 10 sq inches. That is a large improvement.

Now here is the down side. There is the small pipe that comes directly off the dpf, hooks up over the tranny cross memeber (going off memory here) and after this is where the exhaust hooks up. I am considering getting some more 3" tube and making my own little piece there and having it welded directly to the DPF so there will be no restriction from the DPF back. Just a thought.

micky
Redo the math for stock 2.75" pipe

5.94" Area..........
Obviously 3" pipe is bigger...... is it NEEDED for this power level....???? thats the real question. Even diesel power claims no gain from intake and exhaust work.
Unread 08-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #10
johnniebravo
2008 WK 

its not a suprise that the exhaust netted no gains, the restrictions are the DPF and cat. if you eliminate the DPF and put in a high flow cat you will see gains and then maybe see just a little more gain with the aftermarket "cat back" as you may face a little less backpressure at the muffler/resonator.

this is pretty much the standard with boosted cars, your restrictions are usually in the downpipe area and not the "cat back" area.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.