ggt1_02's Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > ggt1_02's Build

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieCustom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 04-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
ggt1_02
2010 WK 

ggt1_02's Build

Starting point for me is a 2010 Laredo with a 3.7 and QTI.

Little bit of history first; I bought this Jeep new in 2010 to replace a leased 2008 WK. When I bought this one late in 2010 it was right around the time the WK2 was released they were just about giving the WKs away and my lease was up, my options however were limited due to budget and availability of WKs with options. I never had the intention to modify her at all, she was just going to be a daily driver that we could fit the family in and was decent in the winter.

Fast forward three years to last fall, I was growing bored with the WK, around this area there are tons of them and they all are the same. After a failed attempt at acquiring a 2013 JK mostly due to dealers not wanting to sell 2013's that were on the lot and pushing the 2014's, not really sure why though, we decided to keep the WK for the foreseeable future. I found this forum while researching maintenance tasks and saw for the first time how "reasonably" priced certain modifications could be to make the Jeep my own.

The initial plan was to do a BB lift and get some 265/70's on the stock wheels. That plan changed when I found a set of five JK takeoffs for a reasonable, read less than I would have paid for five new tires alone, and a used set of front OME MD coils.

So today the spacers and Moabs went on and after taking them for a shake down drive I have found that they are a lot louder and with a lot more vibration than I thought they would be! I also have a slight rub on the pinch weld, the PW mod may happen depending on how long it takes to get the rear OME coils. Below is the Before and After.

List of "Mods"
1.5" Spidertrax spacers
JK Moabs
BF Goodrich M/T 255/75/r17

List of Planned Mods
Swap over TPMS
Pinch Weld Mod (Depending on how long it takes to get a lift put on)
OME MD Springs
Bilstein 4600 fronts
Bilstein 5100 rears
LED Rock/Courtesy Lights
LED Cargo Area Lights
LED Interior Light Swap
Bedline Bumper Step Pad
New Stabilizer Bar Bushings (I hope that is what is clunking)

How it looked to begin with:

How it looks now:

ggt1_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.