GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune) - Page 78 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune)

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #1156
meatlord
Animals taste good

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnadanzig View Post
It's the Elephant Hose Mod and all the parts to plug the intake tube and route the CCV into the exhaust.

Should have had you throw that into the box headed to me......

Unread 06-17-2014, 01:42 PM   #1157
IIMacGyverII

2007 WK 

Quote:
It's the Elephant Hose Mod and all the parts to plug the intake tube and route the CCV into the exhaust.

Wont this just blow exhaust in to the motor instead of the getting blow-by out of the motor? If i'm not wrong, the exhaust has a much higher pressure that the crankcase which is why the CCV is plumbed in to the intake which would then suck the blow-by gases out of the crankcase.

N23 Recall Victim
IIMacGyverII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2014, 01:50 PM   #1158
gemiller
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMacGyverII View Post
Wont this just blow exhaust in to the motor instead of the getting blow-by out of the motor? If i'm not wrong, the exhaust has a much higher pressure that the crankcase which is why the CCV is plumbed in to the intake which would then suck the blow-by gases out of the crankcase.
Quite the opposite (sort of), although the exhaust is indeed higher pressure, the exhaust is a vacuum in reference to the blow-by location sucking the line down. Both the intake and exhaust are vacuum in reference to the unpressurized (mostly) cavity.

BTW, Tnadanzig, wish I woulda known you were making these kits, I have a plug from shibby(after seeing you made a site, I see your making these now too, good for you man!) for my intake hose and a catch can sitting on the shelf, maybe I'll ebay the catch can and go you're route. What method does your kit connect to the exhaust (do I have to drill tap?). I have one of your dpf pipes that's been hanging out for a new exhaust package, and about to go with an MBRP kit and finally get it on.
Unread 06-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #1159
IIMacGyverII

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemiller View Post
Quite the opposite (sort of), although the exhaust is indeed higher pressure, the exhaust is a vacuum in reference to the blow-by location sucking the line down. Both the intake and exhaust are vacuum in reference to the unpressurized (mostly) cavity.

BTW, Tnadanzig, wish I woulda known you were making these kits, I have a plug from shibby(after seeing you made a site, I see your making these now too, good for you man!) for my intake hose and a catch can sitting on the shelf, maybe I'll ebay the catch can and go you're route. What method does your kit connect to the exhaust (do I have to drill tap?). I have one of your dpf pipes that's been hanging out for a new exhaust package, and about to go with an MBRP kit and finally get it on.
Thanks for that. It makes sense.

N23 Recall Victim
Unread 06-17-2014, 02:02 PM   #1160
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH101 View Post
Very interesting. Is there any welding required?
Yes, a small amount to get the stainless fitting into the exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMacGyverII View Post
No, as gemiller stated, it actually creates a vacuum in the tube pulling the CCV into the exhaust. You have to install everything correctly, but its pretty easy. It's called the venture effect. As the exhaust passes the fitting it creates a vacuum. With the end open you can put your hand over it and feel the small amount of vacuum.

Installed fitting. Needs to be installed at 45 degree angle.

I figured I needed a website to help with all the questions and easier way to order.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2014, 02:06 PM   #1161
IIMacGyverII

2007 WK 

Quote:
Yes, a small amount to get the stainless fitting into the exhaust.

No, as gemiller stated, it actually creates a vacuum in the tube pulling the CCV into the exhaust. You have to install everything correctly, but its pretty easy. It's called the venture effect. As the exhaust passes the fitting it creates a vacuum. With the end open you can put your hand over it and feel the small amount of vacuum.

Installed fitting. Needs to be installed at 45 degree angle.

I figured I needed a website to help with all the questions and easier way to order.
Thats great you have a website now! Next you just need to add instructions!

Does the downpipe on your site also remove the cat?

N23 Recall Victim
Unread 06-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #1162
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Just made a thread with pictures and instructions to discuss this.
Yes the downpipe removes the cats.
Pro-lite Build
Unread 06-17-2014, 02:54 PM   #1163
gemiller
2008 WK 

Quote:
Just made a thread with pictures and instructions to discuss this.
Yes the downpipe removes the cats.
Any needed tune change for the open down pipe? Wonder if i Should do the down pipe for convenience considering all the other stuff will be off too when I do the mbrp and finally install your dpf delete pipe before I get my gde tune done.
Unread 06-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #1164
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

No need for a tune change. Works just fine with the ECO or Hot Tunes. Lowers EGT's. It's not too much added work, but the bolts are a bit of a pain to get to.
Pro-lite Build
Unread 06-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #1165
ItsCalicoJack
2008 WK 

I just want to say thanks to tnadanzig for the phenomenal looking DPF delete pipe now residing underneath my Jeep, and another huge thanks to Keith at GDE who sent me the required tune the same day I requested it. I wish all my Jeep projects were so easy.
Unread 06-30-2014, 10:35 AM   #1166
BLKCRD
2008 WK 

Lets keep the thank you's rolling. I'm a new member on this forum coming from the **********. About a few months ago, I decided to do the Eco Tune after reading much valuable information on this forum. Coincidently, the day I programmed the ECU, my Jeeps serpintine belt snapped (that's another story).
Back to the tune, I used to get approx. 550 kms per tank with 80% city driving. Now, I getting 730kms per tank with the Eco tune. It's simply amazing.....even my friends who drive MDX's, F150's are shocked at the fuel economy plus the extra power on tap!
Big thanks to the members on this forum with all the info and Keith at GDE for a great product.
Unread 09-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #1167
james_2k
2009 WK 

hi guys,

does anyone know if they have updated either hot or eco tunes since around christmas last year?

just want to make sure i still have the latest versions but they are closed until the 15th Sept.

cheers
james_2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #1168
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

no idea on updates or not
but i just bought the 3" intercooler upgrade....gonna be badass lol
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2014, 04:24 PM   #1169
fredde1972

Found this thread earlier today. Read it all and can`t wait for 15th when they can send me my HOT TUNE
fredde1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 05:25 PM   #1170
shuz

Will that dpf delete effect my emissions? Ontario still has drive clean testing
shuz is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.