GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune) - Page 70 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-15-2014, 11:19 PM   #1036
hulikner
2008 WK 

I'm convinced that some CRD guys here have boost leaks and don't know it like I did. If anything like mine, on the turbo resonator, you won't get any clue that it's leaking. Just bad MPG. Everytime I see a CRD doing 18 around town 20-22 on highway, that's what I think. That's exactly where mine was before I had a diesel performance shop fix it. Dealership said nothing was wrong. With GDE, DPF delete, turbo res delete, I get 30mpg at 55mph. 21-23 around town.

hulikner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #1037
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulikner View Post
I'm convinced that some CRD guys here have boost leaks and don't know it like I did. If anything like mine, on the turbo resonator, you won't get any clue that it's leaking. Just bad MPG. Everytime I see a CRD doing 18 around town 20-22 on highway, that's what I think. That's exactly where mine was before I had a diesel performance shop fix it. Dealership said nothing was wrong. With GDE, DPF delete, turbo res delete, I get 30mpg at 55mph. 21-23 around town.
Valid point....but is your CRD lifted with 32 inch offroad tires? A lot of us have modified the vehicle and that is hurting mpg....

Need to clarify stock vs modified in the posts.....

Stock is nothing done at all to vehicle...same tires, no lift, no tune, exhaust..

Stock plus tune...GDE, DPF removal, but no lift and same OEM tire size.

Stock plus tune plus modified for offroad...32+ inch tires...2+ inch lift, underbody armor, heavier tires and wheels, winch, bumpers....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2014, 06:49 AM   #1038
james_2k
2009 WK 

30 mpg is very very high. i think even tragzig (sorry for probably spelling it wrong) was hoping for 30 when he had fitted the taller gears.

unless it was a very very long drive on flat road, 30 is.. well exceptional.
james_2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2014, 07:20 AM   #1039
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_2k View Post
30 mpg is very very high. i think even tragzig (sorry for probably spelling it wrong) was hoping for 30 when he had fitted the taller gears.

unless it was a very very long drive on flat road, 30 is.. well exceptional.
Also..most of us do not spend long amounts of time at 55mph....I drive 72mph or just under 2500rpms max.....and I get 23-24 mpgs.....If I drove the same highway routes at 55mpgs...30mpg could be a result, never tried and probably never will. I would not feel comfortable driving 55mph in 70mph area where everyone else in doing 20mph more than I am....

But I do agree....30mpg even at 55mph is a stretch especially in a 4wd WK....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
Unread 03-16-2014, 07:22 AM   #1040
james_2k
2009 WK 

feels horrible cruising at 2500 rpm though doesnt it. even my old wj 4.0 cruised at around 2100 at that speed.

also, when you are cruising, your larger wheels probably slightly help mpg. only when cruising though
Unread 03-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #1041
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
feels horrible cruising at 2500 rpm though doesnt it. even my old wj 4.0 cruised at around 2100 at that speed.

also, when you are cruising, your larger wheels probably slightly help mpg. only when cruising though
Yes the WK needs a 6th gear badly...I have a 2012 ML350 with the 7 speed box and it cruises at 2100rpms while doing 80mph.....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
Unread 03-16-2014, 08:27 AM   #1042
james_2k
2009 WK 

dont rub it in!
Unread 03-16-2014, 09:46 AM   #1043
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Quote:
dont rub it in!
Don't feel bad about the 2500 rpm. When I cruise at seventy on my Honda I'm pulling 7,000 RPM..... of course it is only a scooter.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2014, 11:36 AM   #1044
james_2k
2009 WK 

must be noisy!
Unread 03-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #1045
hulikner
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
Valid point....but is your CRD lifted with 32 inch offroad tires? A lot of us have modified the vehicle and that is hurting mpg....

Need to clarify stock vs modified in the posts.....

Stock is nothing done at all to vehicle...same tires, no lift, no tune, exhaust..

Stock plus tune...GDE, DPF removal, but no lift and same OEM tire size.

Stock plus tune plus modified for offroad...32+ inch tires...2+ inch lift, underbody armor, heavier tires and wheels, winch, bumpers....

I wasn't saying everyone should be getting 30mpg. I was just trying to let others know that you can have boost leaks and no warning signs other than bad mpg. I wasn't attacking anyone. My road is over 40 miles of 55mph so that is why I always drive 55.

This is what I made and used…

Unread 03-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #1046
BAH101
2008 WK 

Got a pic of it installed?
Unread 03-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #1047
hulikner
2008 WK 

I was planning on attaching it straight onto the turbo inlet but it was too long. The fuel filter is in the way. So I put it in the tube where the intake attaches to the filter box. Next time I use it I'll just trim the black coupler a bit and then it will fit on the turbo inlet. It's a 2 inch coupler with the PVC elbow and 1/2 inch endcap. Then you screw your pressure fitting in, mine was 3/8 I believe. With no noise coming from the engine being on, every leak should be very noticeable. Just don't go over 25-30psi
Unread 03-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #1048
Cherokee30D
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulikner View Post
I was planning on attaching it straight onto the turbo inlet but it was too long. The fuel filter is in the way. So I put it in the tube where the intake attaches to the filter box. Next time I use it I'll just trim the black coupler a bit and then it will fit on the turbo inlet. It's a 2 inch coupler with the PVC elbow and 1/2 inch endcap. Then you screw your pressure fitting in, mine was 3/8 I believe. With no noise coming from the engine being on, every leak should be very noticeable. Just don't go over 25-30psi
Hey hulikner, what maximum pressure does your WK run at. Checked mine yesterday and it peaks out at 22.6 PSI.
I have the GDE Eco tune.

Cheers, Craig
Cherokee30D is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #1049
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Yep thats right Craig. I have my Bullydog set to warning overboost alert at 24psi.
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #1050
hulikner
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee30D View Post
Hey hulikner, what maximum pressure does your WK run at. Checked mine yesterday and it peaks out at 22.6 PSI.
I have the GDE Eco tune.

Cheers, Craig
That looks right for full boost. But mine was still hitting full boost on the gauge with the boost leak. The leak must have been after where it checked.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.