GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune) - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune)

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 06-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #91
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justa4banger View Post
SO where is the dyno chart? I mean fuel economy is great but i also got a bump in Fuel economy with the "other" tune... I average about 2-3 mpg gain compared to stock...

Not trying to take away from GDE, just curious on what other gains do you recieve for your purchase...

On my ride the tune had a Destinctive BUMP in butt dyno power... then the dyno itself also showed the bump in HP.

Good to see more tuners are out there..gives "us" more options
Refer post 2 of this thread. let me know if you can get your CRD near this without it! You cant drive a dyno

As an update, i have been running over 6" lift and 35" tyres now for around 2 months, getting 10.5l/100km on highway, and 13.5l/100km city. No gearing change. My tune has been in for almost 18 months now with no issues.

Dave

2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #92
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valpacer

Refer post 2 of this thread. let me know if you can get your CRD near this without it! You cant drive a dyno

As an update, i have been running over 6" lift and 35" tyres now for around 2 months, getting 10.5l/100km on highway, and 13.5l/100km city. No gearing change. My tune has been in for almost 18 months now with no issues.

Dave
Cmon Dave we don't need those Aussie numbers we want miles per gallon!!! Rofl just playin dude
2006 Black wk overland HEMI QDII. OME HD bilstein struts with 58643 monroe load levelers RRO uca, afe cold air intake,hella 500FF behind grille, RC 1.5 wheel spacers s4xc cb antenna mount with 5ft firestik and midland 1001wx CB,265/70-17 falken rockymountain ats, pinch weld mod, door lock mod, Rola basket with 2 Hella 500 FF`s.
06WKHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #93
Valpacer

2007 WK 

And i need your Gas prices!!!
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Unread 06-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #94
Valpacer

2007 WK 

10.5l/100km = 22.4 mpg

13.5l/100km = 17.5mpg

And doesnt that just make everyone i speak to who drives a toyota drop their jaw!
Unread 06-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #95
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

Quote:
And i need your Gas prices!!!
Haha what are ya paying for fuel down under?
2006 Black wk overland HEMI QDII. OME HD bilstein struts with 58643 monroe load levelers RRO uca, afe cold air intake,hella 500FF behind grille, RC 1.5 wheel spacers s4xc cb antenna mount with 5ft firestik and midland 1001wx CB,265/70-17 falken rockymountain ats, pinch weld mod, door lock mod, Rola basket with 2 Hella 500 FF`s.
Unread 06-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #96
Valpacer

2007 WK 

$1.65/l at the moment ($6.25 per gallon)
Unread 06-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #97
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valpacer View Post
$3.15 here in South Carolina
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #98
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

Quote:
Holy crap I thought 3.70 was bad I feel your pain bro just keep bending over lol
Unread 06-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #99
Chirpz

2007 WK 

I bought the GDE tune in order to get the positive bump in mileage, but I must admit, it is very nice to have 45 extra HP and the extra torque too. On our recent 6,600 mile trip across the US, other rigs that were pulling trailers could not keep up with us when going up hill. They would speed past us in the flatlands because I usually drive 55 while towing but boy would they bog down on the hills and mountain passes.

By the way, the highest price for fuel that I paid was in good ole Washington state, thanks to our tax hungry governor. I was planning on running several tanks of gas using the factory tune just so I could post a mileage comparison, but after running 1/2 a tank in the foothills, I just couldn't do it. We stopped, filled the tank to post the correct data, and re-installed the GDE tune.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #100
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauzuak View Post
Sorry if this has been asked somewhere, but what does this mean for oil requirements? With the tune, should the MB spec oil still be used? If not then the tune could easily pay for itself. I still have a knot in my stomach from what it cost me earlier this week for a filer and oil from the only local source I've found.
Changing oil is indeed painful. You must continue to use the correct oil with the spec of 229.51 on the label. I have been buying mine at Napa. I purchased my first 15 gallons online because at the time nobody had the correct spec except the dealer. Now that napa has it, I just go there.
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #101
jiggadog
2008 WK 

for anyone that purchased the tune and programmer, what is the manufacturer/model of programmer that GDE sells with the tune? What are the other comparable programmers out there that are available that do the same thing? I'm looking to see what my options are in terms of pricing and pros/cons, if any, of each.
Unread 07-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #102
fishinbama
2007 WK 

It is a generic programmer, the meat and potatoes is the tune that comes with it and the update support down the road. Customspooling has a tune that can remove EGR and delete the dpf. Inmotion has a performance tune. I haven't heard anyone complain about any of the tunes and I'm sure that they do similar things, performance wise.
fishinbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #103
Chirpz

2007 WK 

The device GDE sells along with their tune is their own brand. I doubt if they make it but it bears their own label and must be used to install their tune. You have to either buy the device or rent it. You cannot buy the tune and install it using your own device (unless you know some digital guru tricks that I am not aware of.)

This is their way of protecting their copyright on the tune. The device you buy will only work with your car so you cannot give the tune to someone else...etc etc.

Such laws and methods help protect the creators of the digital content from theft of their goods. Hopefully they will be encouraged by sales to produce more and more beneficial products.
Unread 07-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #104
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Just to clarify that, the tune is locked to your vehicle, but the code reader component will work on any vehicle
Unread 07-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #105
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valpacer View Post
Just to clarify that, the tune is locked to your vehicle, but the code reader component will work on any vehicle
Correct, thank you. You can use the device to read codes and clear codes on any compatible vehicle. I used it to read codes on my daughters Kia. It would not work on my older 1991 Jeep because the connector is different.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.