GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune) - Page 66 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune)

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #976
fishinbama
2007 WK 

I really dig the noise now. We went to see Thor tonight and as we were leaving, I thought to myself, "I love this masculine sound".

Btw TNAdanzig I would definitely be interested in a downpipe. I wish I could get you working on an exhaust for my passat tdi. Do we have to worry about additional programming for converter delete?

fishinbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #977
GDE
2005 KJ Liberty 

There is no effect to performance or longevity with the combustion noise.

Thanks
GDE
GDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #978
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinbama View Post
I really dig the noise now. We went to see Thor tonight and as we were leaving, I thought to myself, "I love this masculine sound".

Btw TNAdanzig I would definitely be interested in a downpipe. I wish I could get you working on an exhaust for my passat tdi. Do we have to worry about additional programming for converter delete?
Sounds good. No additional programming is needed to run the downpipe. I have thought of getting a vw tdi. I have been close a few times on getting one. I think early next year I might end up getting one to play with. Been looking at a A3 TDI. Just wish they came in the Quattro variety.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #979
Cherokee30D
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinbama View Post

You will find that adding some TWC 3 2 stroke oil to your fuel will quieten it down again. There are a few threads about it on this forum.
Worked for me.

Cheers, Craig
Cherokee30D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #980
fishinbama
2007 WK 

The tcw3 does quiet it down some. It takes some of the harshness out of it and makes it a little more mellow.

TNA- I have so far enjoyed my new passat tdi. I have had two, the first was a 2004 that got around 38mpg. The new one is averaging 48mpg. I just looked up a German version of the A3 TDI that gets 73.5mpg.
http://green.autoblog.com/2013/08/05...gets-73-5-mpg/

I'm sure there is a market for GDE/TNA with these diesel cars. I haven't found the forum where you can discuss it freely yet. Tdiclub gets all silly when you start talking about deletes.
fishinbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #981
Tater2000

Ok well I got my DPF deleted today and welded up a delete pipe for it out of 304 stainless, had a mechanic friend of mine rev it up while I was crawling around underneath with a soapy water bottle, all good no leaks. I rodded out the cat was well while I had it all off of there. What a bi*** that was. Oh well its all done now. I did take a good look at where the cat goes up and I don't think it would be to hard if a guy had a couple days to replace that pipe entirely. I do have a question though what does everyone do with their tubing that comes off the DPF? I ziptied the longer one that looked like it would flop around up to the exhaust mount but would like a more permanent solution. I left my resonator in place and am really happy with the sound of the exhaust, its not really loud just kinda more snappy with a bit of a lower note, not sure how to explain it. What I do like is the vehicle response which seems to be much snappier.

Thanks GDE for the great tune and giving me the ability to knock out that dang DPF.

TNADanzig what do you mean by downpipe? Are you talking from the turbo down to the DPF? Or where the DPF would be had I not chopped it out?
Tater2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #982
BAH101
2008 WK 

I just removed the pipes from the sensor at the top. The pipes are held on with a few 8mm nuts. Easy job.
Unread 11-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #983
Blue_Sassley
2008 WK 

I did the same when removing mine. I had a little issue with the bracket on the top right next to the frame but it was still pretty easy.
1997 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L - ST - Stock (Wreaked)
Blue_Sassley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #984
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

diesel clatter

Yah, I to have noticed it at times under acceleration at lower speeds. If it was a gaser I would say it was detonation.... injection timing a little off? Hard to say? Mostly my Jeep runs great and I would hesitate to fix what ain't broke but there might be room for improvement.
Unread 11-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #985
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Mine has started that in the last month or so - meaning about the same time as they switched to winter mix fuel... On the first mile or so as it warms up, and only if I lean a little too hard on the go-pedal. And as I had almost 18k miles previous to that without it, I'm wondering if it's the fuel quality as much as anything else.
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #986
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

it is the sound of power
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #987
Red_liner740

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
it is the sound of power
Uhh no. It's not a nice diesel clatter. It has a very distinct knocking and pinging noise. Coming from gasser engine enthusiasts world, that sound is like nails on chalk to me.

It only seems to happen when the engine is cold and you give it 50% or more throttle. Take it easy first few miles and its good.

With that being said I've been driving with GDE Eco tune for about 5 days and I don't see a major diff. The way some of you were describing it, it was the second coming of Christ.
Sure there is more mid range and I like the fact that the tranny shifts to a higher gear sooner but I'm not seeing a major increase in MPGs. I'm in Canada so this will be in Liters per hundred kilometers.

I usually get between 9.7 and 10.2 L per hundred kilometers before the tune. On my way back from visit to US where i filled up I averaged 8.8 l taking it easy and doing mild drafting and then installed the tune. Since then its slowly creeped up to 9.5l. Maybe it's due to US difference in gas. Apparently Can gets higher cetane. We'll see
Red_liner740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #988
BAH101
2008 WK 

Your decrease in fuel economy could be from winter blend diesel. It happen to me when I installed the. DPF delete last November. Was disappointed a bit at first, but looked back over the last few years on my fuel usage spreadsheet (been keeping hand calculated since new) and there was an improvement. Lot better in the summer.
Unread 11-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #989
Red_liner740

Like I said, I'm not lighting the torch and grabbing the pitchforks just yet. I'm going to refill with regular diesel I run normally and then see. I am def seeing a higher DTE number. I would usually get to 700 and the light would go on. I'm at 700 now and a fair bit off normal fuel guage position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH101 View Post
Your decrease in fuel economy could be from winter blend diesel. It happen to me when I installed the. DPF delete last November. Was disappointed a bit at first, but looked back over the last few years on my fuel usage spreadsheet (been keeping hand calculated since new) and there was an improvement. Lot better in the summer.
Red_liner740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #990
chevra
2008 WK 

Is it possible for these tunes to install wrong? Hard to explain what i mean ha, but for my camaro i get custom tunes done on the diablosport trinity and after i install the tune i have to send the last written tune back to him so he can check if it installed correctly. He said sometimes it can go in a bit wrong. I dont know if this could happen but it crossed my mind so i thought i would ask. I to wasnt noticing a mpg increase, in fact i havent seen my jeep get to 9L per 100 since the tune, but it could also be true that they switched to winter blend in really early fall...but who knows.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.