GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune) - Page 65 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune)

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 11-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #961
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKDiesel View Post
Why not make a new pipe that replaces both the CAT and the DPF?
Cause the CAT is a ***** to get at, never mind take it off, fab something up, fit it half a dozen times then install the finished product. Sounds like a hefty bill.

Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #962
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

^ what he said lol
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #963
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKDiesel View Post
Why not make a new pipe that replaces both the CAT and the DPF?
Not too many people are going to want to or need to take out their cats. Unless the cat plugs up it is not going to hurt performance or fuel economy. For those whose cats plug or disintegrate internally it is far easier to just remove the media from inside and run with the empty can.
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #964
Chucknav
2007 WK 

MGP Update

Haven't posted an MPG update in a while so here goes. Since I installed the GDE Eco Tune in August I have put 4808 miles on the Jeep using 202.74 gallons for an average of 23.72 MPG. That is with my slightly lead-footed wife doing most of that driving. I have been the sole driver the last 3 tanks and the results are a little better...1495.8 miles / 60.76 gallons = 24.62 MPG. Before the Eco Tune I averaged about 21 MPG. I am very happy with the 3+ MPG improvement. Not to mention the fact it will spin both axles from a dead stop if you disengage the traction control. I don't really want to try the Hot Tune. I might like it too much.

Chuck
GDE Eco-Tune
Chucknav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #965
Tater2000

As far as me removing the cat and welding in a delete I don't think it's worth the effort and I'm a welder. I think I might build a delle pipe for the dpf though if I have time this weekend, who knows though it is hunting season.

I'm removing the cat because I'm eliminating weak points or possible weak points and cats are definitely a weak point in a diesel engine. It's six years old and I won't be running low ash oil might as well remove while I'm in there and not have to deal with it in the future.

also my tires are stock and properly inflated. most definitely having bigger tires would through off your computer
Tater2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 07:13 AM   #966
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

I am working on building a downpipe for our Jeeps. It will be all 304 Stainless, like my dpf pipes. I just need to finish up my jig. Ya, its not a lot of fun, but I like a challenge and I figured if I am going to make two, one for me and my wife's, then I better make a jig and see who else wants one. On a high note my son is starting to sleep through the night so once I can get him to go to bed by 9 or 10 I should have time to tackle some of my to do list on making more parts. Right know I get about two hours from 12 am - 2 am when I can stay awake. Hard to keep up.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #967
Supermanbaja
2008 WK 

Knocking/rattling noise after GDE Eco Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysteeze View Post
Im new to this forum but anyways wanted to get some peoples opinions on my GDE Eco Tune I purchased this summer (now returned) I put 10k miles on my jeep switching on and off the eco tune. My 07 CRD had 92,000 miles on it when I bought the GDE tune in hopes to get better MPG's and fix the power loss with the larger tires I had installed a year earlier. Before the tune I would average 22mpg 70% highway 30% city. Instantly after installing the tune my jeep had a much louder idle sound and when I accelerated it would put out a knocking sound kind of like an old cummins or Powerstroke. Keith from GDE said it sounded like bad rockers, but when I uninstalled the tune my CRD would purr at idle and sound normal when accelerating. Anyways I drove 2k with the tune installed and my mpg's decreased from 22 to high 19's. Went back to the stock tune for 2k or so and my mpg's went up to mid 21's. its been 3 months now with no tune and my Jeep is running just like it use to stock and is getting mid 21's. I have not been able to get 22mpg's again since the tune has been uninstalled.

Has anyone had this problem occur to their CRD? Any thoughts of why my CRD acted this way would be awesome. I have been thinking about doing a DPF delete but an not sure if I would consider going back to a GDE tune. is it possible to only do a DPF delete and no tune?

here is a link of what my engine sounded like with the ECO tune installed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMYxR...ature=youtu.be
I just got the Eco tune about 3 weeks ago and my 08 WK makes the same rattling noise. has anyone found a answer as to what it could be. And a side note I am getting just a .5 more mpg then I was getting stock at 23mpg. Please someone get back with me on this.
Supermanbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #968
WKCRD757
2008 WK 

Wonder what the cause is? To me it sounds like the tune is dumping too much fuel in but that would be an obvious fix I would think. Maybe a lifter is losing prime?

I haven't thrown down on a tune yet but have been planning to all along. It's going to happen in the next few weeks. I'd like to give my money to GDE when it happens.
WKCRD757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #969
Blue_Sassley
2008 WK 

I got my GDE tune about 2 week ago and finished my DPF delete a week ago. I have put about 2,000 miles and I have the same exact rattling sound with the tune in. I did notice it goes away when engine is at FULL temp.

Blue
1997 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L - ST - Stock (Wreaked)
Blue_Sassley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #970
Supermanbaja
2008 WK 

Mine gets quieter but its still there
Supermanbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #971
Blue_Sassley
2008 WK 

I think when I was driving through the mountains the other night I didn't noticed the sound at 2,500 RPMs exactly +/- even like 50 and it was gone.

Has anyone asked Keith about this?

Blue
Unread 11-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #972
GDE
2005 KJ Liberty 

For those that have noticed combustion noise in the WK tune, please let me know the following:

coolant temp (cold, warming, or warm)
Altitude
rpm
load

I can adjust the main timing and pilot injection a bit in those zones to soften the noise. The switch over from quiet to loud is when one of the injection events is shut off and the base map switches.

Send us an email with your findings at support@greendieselengineering.com

Thanks
GDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #973
Blue_Sassley
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDE View Post
For those that have noticed combustion noise in the WK tune, please let me know the following:

coolant temp (cold, warming, or warm)
Altitude
rpm
load

I can adjust the main timing and pilot injection a bit in those zones to soften the noise. The switch over from quiet to loud is when one of the injection events is shut off and the base map switches.

Send us an email with your findings at support@greendieselengineering.com

Thanks
Thanks Keith, right now I'm up in the mountains and its very rare I'm ever anywhere above 1000 feet. When I get back home I will start to keep track of sound if it still happens and send you what I find. As long as the engine really isn't going to blow up I'm fine with it for now.

Thanks!
Blue
Unread 11-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #974
ryann04
2008 WK 

Is injection noise going to affect the engine performance/longevity? If not I can live with it. Only happens to me when it's really cold and I just started the engine. Just sounds like a real diesel is all.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #975
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryann04 View Post
Is injection noise going to affect the engine performance/longevity? If not I can live with it. Only happens to me when it's really cold and I just started the engine. Just sounds like a real diesel is all.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Ditto.... On cold mornings if I start up and drive right off... I get a little noise unless I go easy, in which case I have no noise. After about two blocks, I get no noise no matter what. It is just sort of a diesel rattle.... but I avoid it.

We have mild temps here and low elevation. 40's in the mornings sometimes 30's. I have driven it in all altitudes up to 9,000... usually towing. ..no problem.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.