GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune) - Page 63 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune)

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #931
Radcrd
2007 WK 

Makes me wonder if there is not already some type of modification on the Jeep? Something like a Tuning Box or Power box that already increases fueling. Then you add the Tune and is causes sever overfueling and possibly the sound you hear. Are you the original owner?

3 VW TDI's (sold)
Radcrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #932
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

I agree with Radcrd...sounds like over-fueling to me. That is "knocking" you hear. It is normal in a diesel but should happen under acceleration especially when cold. I hear it but it is very faint in my GDE tuned CRD. I also hear it in my 2012 ML350 diesel as well with no tune. Again you should hear it but it should not be distracting like your video.
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #933
crazysteeze
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radcrd View Post
Makes me wonder if there is not already some type of modification on the Jeep? Something like a Tuning Box or Power box that already increases fueling. Then you add the Tune and is causes sever overfueling and possibly the sound you hear. Are you the original owner?
Radcrd, Thanks for the input! Seems like over fueling could of been a reason. It actually went into limp mode once and gave me codes P0148 and P2269 which both have to do with fuel, after I cleared the codes and started it back up it was ok. I am not the Original owner, I bought it 2 years ago with 62,000 miles on it, I have over looked the jeep pretty well and never noticed any tuning box or any aftermarket anything except what i have done, EHM and K&N filter. Do the boxes connect in very hidden spots? I find it interesting that no one has encountered anything like this! It's runs beautiful back on the stock tune but would really like to add some extra power, I did notice good power gains with GDE, but for eco tune I was not satisfied that my MPG's dropped no matter how much I would baby it. i also want to delete the DPF but i'm not sure where to go from here...
Unread 10-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #934
Radcrd
2007 WK 

I'm not sure how they connect or where in the CRD. But having over 12 years experience modding VW diesels I can say there are other ways of tricking the computer into fueling more. On a VW installing a simple resistor and tricking the fuel temperature (also known as an EVRY mod) would achieve significant gains and sometimes cause a limp mode if too high a resistance used. It is quite possible that something similar is installed on your Jeep. Look for any wires that may have been cut into, particularly anything related to fuel pump or fuel temperature sensors. I'm not sure where they are on the CRD as I have not needed to play with it. Typically a Tuning Box connects itself across the fuel pump connector. It could look very stock if done properly. Ask Keith to review your stock maps and see if anything looks out of place. He should have it on file, or you may still have it on your computer.
3 VW TDI's (sold)
Radcrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #935
james_2k
2009 WK 

got and installed the eco tune today!

flashed no problem, when it was doing it it alternated between 'check 4wd system and check gauges' which was scary in itself. but after it finished and restarted it was all good.

things i have noticed in a short test drive.

its much more dieselly sounding and louder at low rpm/speed. the same at cruise speed.

the 'mushy' pedal from stop is greatly reduced.

turbo lag reduced

it sounds great when pushing it

and it pulls like a train! woohoo!

cant comment on mpg yet, but im excited for the results!

so for any uk guys wondering if it works.. it does!

thanks to Keith for hooking me up and the the guys in this thread who helped me decide!

im glad i went for the eco tune as if i decide (unlikely) thats its not enough then i have somewhere to go. rather that if i started with the hot!

and as i had no dpf to begin with, the dpf delete was 'free'!! hehe

happy days
james_2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #936
rheals
2008 WK 

Hi everyone, I haven't read every post on here, so forgive me if this has already been discussed... I am in Calgary (Canada) and purchased an 08 CRD JGC this past year. Completely stock. I'd love to get an Eco Tune done. Does anyone know if the system is available in Canada? Do I need to go through a local supplier or can I order it online? By the sounds of it, people are recommending getting the hot tune as well. Any idea of what that whole setup is worth? Thanks.
Unread 10-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #937
GDE
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheals View Post
Hi everyone, I haven't read every post on here, so forgive me if this has already been discussed... I am in Calgary (Canada) and purchased an 08 CRD JGC this past year. Completely stock. I'd love to get an Eco Tune done. Does anyone know if the system is available in Canada? Do I need to go through a local supplier or can I order it online? By the sounds of it, people are recommending getting the hot tune as well. Any idea of what that whole setup is worth? Thanks.
We have many customers in Canada, takes a bit longer for shipping. ECO Tune and flash tool are $695 and you can add the HOT tune for $100. Both tunes work well on the WK and give you a decent fuel economy boost so it will pay for itself in fuel economy savings over time. GDE
GDE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #938
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheals View Post
I'm in Canada. Edmonton, AB to be exact. I pulled the trigger and bought a GDE hot-tune for my jeep and love it. Shipping was quick too. Got it delivered in less then a week.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #939
rheals
2008 WK 

Thanks guys for your replies! Very helpful. Good to know I've got a buddy in Edmonton who has tried it out. I'll see if I can scratch together some dollars. Looking forward to the Tune!
Unread 10-26-2013, 06:54 AM   #940
james_2k
2009 WK 

Guys is there any requirement to reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery when you install the tune? Or does it adapt naturally? It's not in the instructions but I was wondering if it would help.. cheers
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #941
GDE
2005 KJ Liberty 

No need to unplug the battery before or after installing the tune. Learning functions work same as stock.
Unread 10-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #942
james_2k
2009 WK 

cheers keith,

ive seen some numbers on the evic that i havent before.. in the good sense. wont know for sure but so far it looks good for the economy, although i think we are getting winter diesel now which may offset any benefit from the tune which isnt great
Unread 10-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #943
james_2k
2009 WK 

quick question for Keith or anyone really.

i have seen varying reports of how much torque and power the eco tune gives.. some say 250 and over 450 tq but on the gde page its only 241 and 440 which is lower than a lot of the 'tuning boxes' that are out there.

any dyno proven performance numbers from either hot or eco tunes (the newest versions) would be great!
Unread 10-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #944
GDE
2005 KJ Liberty 

Our power/torque figures have never changed. Tuning boxes cannot compare to a broader torque curve that the GDE tunes offer. The peak number is just a marketing ploy.
Unread 10-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #945
revitup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDE View Post
Our power/torque figures have never changed. Tuning boxes cannot compare to a broader torque curve that the GDE tunes offer. The peak number is just a marketing ploy.
Hey GDE see link below (#34) and please check your store's email. Just placed an order, 1/2 hour ago from your web site, need it asap and will pay extra for the shipping, please contact me via email.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/c...18/index3.html
revitup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.