GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune) - Page 62 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune)

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 10-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #916
Cherokee30D
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_2k View Post
is the eco better than stock at least on the take off? (without having to use lots of throttle?)

cheers!
Yes James, I noticed it straight away. Better response from take off and better low down torque.
I haven't experienced the Hot tune but can say that you wouldn't want much more power & torque that the Eco tune provides.

Cheers, Craig

Cherokee30D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #917
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

HI james_2k -
the DPF delete is an option that you don't need, so consider this: do as I did. Purchase the Eco tune and the tune loader tool. Then purchase the hot tune as an option. You can have your factory tune, the Eco tune, and the Hot tune all stored in the tool's memory. It takes a few minutes to re-flash between tunes. You can select the right one for the situation! Please remember that if you have a swirl motor failure and you load the factory tune, you will get a CEL. As long as you run a GDE tune (either one) your swirl motor will be defeated and no CEL.
Zlartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #918
james_2k
2009 WK 

thanks guys, really helpful info!

its going into the shop to get the revised turbo inlet pipe but after its back this will be done

@Zlartibartfast

great point, nice that three maps fit on the tool!
james_2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #919
TangoTango
2008 WK 

I have tried them both and run the HOT tune.

They both reduce the pedal lag about the same. The hot tune has way better performance, but it will hold the gear longer so you get about 1 mpg less.

Either one makes an incredible difference. worth every penny.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #920
dking186
2007 WK 

Does anyone have any information about towing with the race tune or Eco tune. I tow my camper that fully loaded ranges from about 5000 to 6000 pounds. I know with other diesels you should not pull with a race tune but does that affect anything with this race tune.
Thanks in advance.
dking186 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #921
pixelcodex
2007 WK 

I know that in Australia it does not come with a DPF, as it does in the States. Looks like you guys in Scotland lucked out as well. As others have mentioned, Keith bases his tune off yours (you download it from the ECU, send it to him and he sends you the modified one, which you re-upload to the ECU), so I am sure it will show up on his end you do not have a DPF or need a delete.
I have the ECO and it is a big difference over stock. I do not get the great mileage others get, but still it is vastly improved. It boosts sooner, is smoother and you overall have more throttle response. Can't speak for the HOT, but the ECO makes it a different truck already, so you can't go wrong.
pixelcodex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #922
TangoTango
2008 WK 

FYI you can order both tunes for some dollars more. The device holds 3 tunes, so keeping your OEM you can have 2 tunes on the device and switch tunes on your jeep.

The race tunes will run the turbo hotter, but I don't have an EGT guage (yet) on the jeep so I don't know how much hotter. I was thinking of putting a dual pod with EGT and trans temp. I know they make a dual pod, not sure if they make a 3 pod for egt/temp/boost ?
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #923
DanG28

I bought an 07 CRD a couple months ago, and assumed it was stock. After driving it for a couple thousand miles and getting 26.5-27.5 mpgs every tank, Ive realized its probably tuned already. Is there any way to determine what tune is done to it? Also, the DPF is still in place and I plan on dropping it to see if the insides are still in it. If they are, is there any way to add a DPF delete to an existing, unknown tune?
DanG28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #924
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

you may right about it being tuned already, but in order to do anything more with it you'll need to find out what tune you have. It's a fair bet that it's tuned by GDE - perhaps Keith has a record of it (I think the VIN is one of the values read by his flash tool)?
Unread 10-16-2013, 04:38 AM   #925
james_2k
2009 WK 

just laid down some cash for the eco tune, exciting!

will maybe try hot later, but i think the sensible starter is eco
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #926
BAH101
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_2k
just laid down some cash for the eco tune, exciting! will maybe try hot later, but i think the sensible starter is eco
Money well spent
Unread 10-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #927
crazysteeze
2007 WK 

Im new to this forum but anyways wanted to get some peoples opinions on my GDE Eco Tune I purchased this summer (now returned) I put 10k miles on my jeep switching on and off the eco tune. My 07 CRD had 92,000 miles on it when I bought the GDE tune in hopes to get better MPG's and fix the power loss with the larger tires I had installed a year earlier. Before the tune I would average 22mpg 70% highway 30% city. Instantly after installing the tune my jeep had a much louder idle sound and when I accelerated it would put out a knocking sound kind of like an old cummins or Powerstroke. Keith from GDE said it sounded like bad rockers, but when I uninstalled the tune my CRD would purr at idle and sound normal when accelerating. Anyways I drove 2k with the tune installed and my mpg's decreased from 22 to high 19's. Went back to the stock tune for 2k or so and my mpg's went up to mid 21's. its been 3 months now with no tune and my Jeep is running just like it use to stock and is getting mid 21's. I have not been able to get 22mpg's again since the tune has been uninstalled.

Has anyone had this problem occur to their CRD? Any thoughts of why my CRD acted this way would be awesome. I have been thinking about doing a DPF delete but an not sure if I would consider going back to a GDE tune. is it possible to only do a DPF delete and no tune?

here is a link of what my engine sounded like with the ECO tune installed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMYxR...ature=youtu.be
Unread 10-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #928
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

There was a fair amount of wind nose in that video, but the engine definitely sounded like it was having a problem under acceleration. I haven't experienced anything like that with mine.
Unread 10-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #929
james_2k
2009 WK 

ooh thats sounds nasty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH101 View Post
Money well spent

its exciting!
Unread 10-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #930
chrali
2006 XK Commander 

Ouch that made me wince ...... Very worrying
chrali is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.