GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune) - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune)

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 06-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #76
BAH101
2008 WK 

Up here, north of the border, yellow is the predominant diesel colour.

Unread 06-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #77
jediknight
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpz
Near disaster!!!
Where we live, diesel fuel comes out of a green handled pump. It has been that way everywhere we have gone from Washington to Florida and now all across the North America. Shoot, even my fuel cap is green. So I am in the habit of looking for a green pump and going for it. Not any more!!

When we hit Wisconsin the other day, I pulled into a BP station early in the morning after we broke camp. I pulled up to the green nozzle, ran my card, and stuck the green nozzle in the fill spout of my tank. I was about to squeeze when I notice the small rectangle sticker on the pump that read "87 Octane." I though "HUH?" I left the pump, went inside and said, "Hey is that diesel or gas you got out there? Why is it green?" The guy inside looked at me like I was stupid and said, "all our regular is green." He was like, "what planet are you from?"

I shudder to think how that would have ruined our trip if I had not noticed that sticker. I'll never fail to look twice ever again. Whew!! Close one.

Sorry to be slow in posting mileage data. Internet is spotty and I have not had time to download the info from my Nuvi.
...and if you're up in Canada ... Green nozzle = petrol with 10% ethanol ... Not good for our diesel !!
Unread 06-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #78
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

ive seen green and yellow nozzles here in BC
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #79
suzieque
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodiesel View Post
ive seen green and yellow nozzles here in bc
x2

2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #80
RenegadeEngr

Midwest:

Yellow - E85
Green - Diesel
RenegadeEngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #81
Blueboar

Will not hurt too much just will not go...My wife made the mistake a few years ago after the jeep had been in and out of the shop for 3 weeks and the rentals were gas.... She got about 5 miles down the road before it stopped... Drained the tank, added 10 gallons of diesel, some centane boost and after 5 or 6 cranks fired up... ran a little rough for a week but no issues related to that incident. I have experimented with a WVO/Gas mixture in my 82 Mercedes as well. Did not see the benefit so it runs off of straight WVO when available.
Blueboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #82
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueboar
Will not hurt too much just will not go...My wife made the mistake a few years ago after the jeep had been in and out of the shop for 3 weeks and the rentals were gas.... She got about 5 miles down the road before it stopped... Drained the tank, added 10 gallons of diesel, some centane boost and after 5 or 6 cranks fired up... ran a little rough for a week but no issues related to that incident. I have experimented with a WVO/Gas mixture in my 82 Mercedes as well. Did not see the benefit so it runs off of straight WVO when available.
Even a little bit of regular in a diesel is bad for it because regular doesn't have the lubrication that the diesel fuel has
2006 Black wk overland HEMI QDII. OME HD bilstein struts with 58643 monroe load levelers RRO uca, afe cold air intake,hella 500FF behind grille, RC 1.5 wheel spacers s4xc cb antenna mount with 5ft firestik and midland 1001wx CB,265/70-17 falken rockymountain ats, pinch weld mod, door lock mod, Rola basket with 2 Hella 500 FF`s.
06WKHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #83
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Mileage Data with GDE Tune

We are back from our 6600 mile trip. We were pulling a trailer
with total loaded weight Jeep+Trailer about 9800 pounds. Trailer frontal area is 49 Sq. Ft. We also had a large Thule car top carrier.
The trip involved about 50 percent mountain terrain.
Half the trip was against the wind, sometimes strong wind. Half the trip
was with the wind.

I ran ONE half tank of fuel using the standard tune. All the other tanks are GDE tune. As you can see, the mileage is clearly better with the GDE tune.
It would have been nice to have run more tanks using the standard tune,but I just couldn't stand the lack of power. Sorry. On previous trips with similar loading we got 13 to 15 using standard tune.
dsc_5455.jpg   pix_03.jpg  
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #84
Chirpz

2007 WK 

GDE Tune engine load

On our trip, one thing that I noticed while using the GDE tune is that the "Engine Load" is generally lower. My Garmin Nuvi displays the actual engine load as a guage. It gets the data direct from the ECO. On flat ground driving 55 mph while pulling our trailer, the engine load was always under 50% using GDE tune. The load varies with terrain and with your acceleration. You have to really tromp it to get it to go to 100% while using GDE tune.

On the other hand, while using the factory settings, on flat road driving 55 while pulling our trailer, the load is almost always over 60%.

I don't know exactly what all this means, but it is easy to read the guages and they don't lie.
dsc_7741.jpg  
Unread 06-29-2012, 04:31 AM   #85
justa4banger
2007 WK 

SO where is the dyno chart? I mean fuel economy is great but i also got a bump in Fuel economy with the "other" tune... I average about 2-3 mpg gain compared to stock...

Not trying to take away from GDE, just curious on what other gains do you recieve for your purchase...

On my ride the tune had a Destinctive BUMP in butt dyno power... then the dyno itself also showed the bump in HP.

Good to see more tuners are out there..gives "us" more options
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #86
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justa4banger View Post
SO where is the dyno chart? I mean fuel economy is great but i also got a bump in Fuel economy with the "other" tune... I average about 2-3 mpg gain compared to stock...

Not trying to take away from GDE, just curious on what other gains do you recieve for your purchase...

On my ride the tune had a Destinctive BUMP in butt dyno power... then the dyno itself also showed the bump in HP.

Good to see more tuners are out there..gives "us" more options
I also deleted the swirl motor with the GDE tune...

Charts/Dyno

http://www.greendieselengineering.co.../list/140.page
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #87
r_unda

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
I also deleted the swirl motor with the GDE tune...

Charts/Dyno

http://www.greendieselengineering.co.../list/140.page
What else can be deleted with this tune? I am trying to figure out what all I can delete to make the WK more reliable! Once I understand everything I need to do I will probably order it.

2011 WK2 HEMI 4x4 Overland
2007 WK CRD 4x4 Limited GDE Tuned
1998 TJ SE
1973 CJ5 - YJ OME 2.5" lift, 33" tires
1951 Willys truck
r_unda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #88
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_unda

What else can be deleted with this tune? I am trying to figure out what all I can delete to make the WK more reliable! Once I understand everything I need to do I will probably order it.
The swirl motor is by far the most unreliable part on the engine......once I deleted that with the tune I have no worries. That being said stuff breaks and wears out, no matter who manufacturers the engine.
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #89
Chirpz

2007 WK 

GDE Dyno Charts

OK.... here are the charts that GDE published for their WK CRD Tune.
gdechart1.png   gdechart2.jpg  
Unread 06-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #90
Kauzuak

Sorry if this has been asked somewhere, but what does this mean for oil requirements? With the tune, should the MB spec oil still be used? If not then the tune could easily pay for itself. I still have a knot in my stomach from what it cost me earlier this week for a filer and oil from the only local source I've found.
Kauzuak is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.