GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune) - Page 59 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune)

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipArtec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 08-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #871
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

I fill it and wait til I see the foam on the surface dissipate, so I can see the fuel level in the filler pipe. I know they tell you not to do that, but I want to be sure it is filled to the same level every time.

Zlartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #872
Chucknav
2007 WK 

2nd Tank results

Filled up for the second time since adding the GDE EcoTune. It wasn't a full tank, but the results are excellent. 178.1 miles/7.020 gallons = 25.4 MPG. Tank was filled to the top of the neck, as was the previous tank. Average since the tune so far over about 700 miles and 2 fill-ups is 24.1 MPG.
GDE Eco-Tune
Chucknav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #873
tigrevolador
2007 WK 

Hey all, I'm from Red Deer AB; the wife and I recently drove to Sicamous, BC and back for a houseboating trip - our fuel consumption average into the mountains and back after GDE tune was 8.6L/100km = 27.35mpg US. The best I was able to attain prior to the GDE tune was around 10L/100km = 23.5mpg US. In KM / mi per tank, this works out to around 850km / 530mi depending on how close to empty I would it go. Also, we took a 10 day trip around the Kootenays with a bumper pull trailer (loaded up weight about 6000lbs) and averaged about 450km / 280mi per tank (right around 16L/100km = 15mpg). Not amazing by any means, but pretty damn good pulling a fully loaded trailer into the mountains. Prev best on flat land no hills no stopping was about 380km / 235mi per tank (18.9L/100km = 12.5mpg US). Am curious to see what a flat land straight road test will show now! Very impressed with GDE eco tune. Excellent in town driveability, torque comes on much better from low end, turbo doesn't act strangely anymore and comes on much smoother. A bit louder diesel noise now, though nobody I have shown around (I'm a real estate agent) and nobody from my family / friends has even noticed a sound level difference. 10/10 service from GDE also. Highly recommended.
tigrevolador is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #874
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Eco tune caution!!!

Make sure you are hanging on and pointed in a straight line before you nail it at low speeds! Don't even think about it on wet pavement! I had read that I would have torque like the Hemi but now I believe Are we sure the tranny can stand this kind of twist?
oldsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #875
jediknight
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmoke
Make sure you are hanging on and pointed in a straight line before you nail it at low speeds! Don't even think about it on wet pavement! I had read that I would have torque like the Hemi but now I believe Are we sure the tranny can stand this kind of twist?
Well isn't it same tranny then the srt8?
Unread 08-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #876
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmoke View Post
yes, the transmission can take it! make sure your O.S! handles are secure - now try out the Hot tune!
Unread 08-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #877
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Hot Tune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlartibartfast View Post
yes, the transmission can take it! make sure your O.S! handles are secure - now try out the Hot tune!
Yah, good idea, I will check my O.S. handles. You people with the Hot Tune must be depraved
Unread 08-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #878
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Same Transmission as srt8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight View Post
Well isn't it same tranny then the srt8?
Don't know about that but zfartblast claims to have torturetested it with the Hot Tune so that's good enuf for me.
Unread 09-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #879
Chucknav
2007 WK 

3rd fill-up since the tune.

My third fill-up after the EcoTune is in the books. It was a little lower than the previous tanks. I attribute that to a possible DPF regen. I don't have a gauge to tell me that, I just noticed the evic going down for a stretch of highway driving I did, when it should have been (normally) going up. Anyway, this tank was 337 miles on 15.050 gallons...22.4 MPG. There was some short periods of low speed utility trailer pulling (farm cleanup) in there as well. So, that didn't help either.

The overall total for the first 3 tanks is 1022 miles/43.46 gallons = 23.5 MPG. I am very pleased with the results of the GDE EcoTune. I would estimate these 3 tanks at somewhere between 60-70% highway driving. Before the ecotune, I would be lucky to get 21.0 under these same conditions. As a matter of fact, prior to getting the tune, I noted my last two fill-ups. Under the same type driving I got 20.5 and 20.1 mpgs. Looks like I am getting about 3 mpg better than before. I am excited to do an all highway tank to see what it will do. I used to get 22-23 on a highway trip pre-tune, so I'm hoping for 25+ now.
GDE Eco-Tune
Unread 09-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #880
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Thanks for the info, Chucknav. Your mileage is very comparable to mine.
On a recent trip pulling our 17' camp trailer we got 17. Was very happy with that.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #881
Chucknav
2007 WK 

4 more tanks of data

I have some more data for y'all. We have filled up 4 more times since last I posted and here are the numbers: 1277.9 miles/55.012 gallons = 23.2 MPG. Totals since installing the GDE EcoTune are 2300 miles/98.47 gallons = 23.4 MPG. Not too shabby. I won't be sending my tune back to Keith for a refund. I'm very happy with his product.

PS. I've noticed that every 2nd or 3rd tank, my MPGs go down to about 22 or so. Damn DPF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucknav View Post
My third fill-up after the EcoTune is in the books. It was a little lower than the previous tanks. I attribute that to a possible DPF regen. I don't have a gauge to tell me that, I just noticed the evic going down for a stretch of highway driving I did, when it should have been (normally) going up. Anyway, this tank was 337 miles on 15.050 gallons...22.4 MPG. There was some short periods of low speed utility trailer pulling (farm cleanup) in there as well. So, that didn't help either.

The overall total for the first 3 tanks is 1022 miles/43.46 gallons = 23.5 MPG. I am very pleased with the results of the GDE EcoTune. I would estimate these 3 tanks at somewhere between 60-70% highway driving. Before the ecotune, I would be lucky to get 21.0 under these same conditions. As a matter of fact, prior to getting the tune, I noted my last two fill-ups. Under the same type driving I got 20.5 and 20.1 mpgs. Looks like I am getting about 3 mpg better than before. I am excited to do an all highway tank to see what it will do. I used to get 22-23 on a highway trip pre-tune, so I'm hoping for 25+ now.
GDE Eco-Tune
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:18 AM   #882
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmoke View Post
Don't know about that but zfartblast claims to have torturetested it with the Hot Tune so that's good enuf for me.

yeah I have jammed it hard enough to hit the boost limiter, slid through a couple of corners, basically "drove it like I stole it" on a few occasions - the trans holds up just fine. I think the Hot tune is safe enough.

However, as I experienced before, I'm getting about 1 - 1.5 MPG less than I get with the Eco tune. I guess the Hot tune is just too much fun for the right foot!
Unread 09-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #883
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Mileage Freaks...

Ok all you mileage freaks. Here is a report from my latest trip.

We drove 1078.9 Miles over 5 days pulling a RV trailer. Total weight under 10,000.
We mostly drove at 57MPH except in towns which were few in number. It was hilly about 70% of the time with a couple of long steep grades. Total engine running time was 35 hours and 25 Minutes. (We spent a lot of time idling while we hunted for nearby geocaches.) We used 72.54 gallons of fuel. Terrain was North Eastern Washington, mostly wide open spaces.

So....

We got 14.87 MPG for the trip.
We averaged 30.62 MPH for the trip (remember we idled a lot)
My best EVIC mileage was 19, and the low was 14.5. The Evic changed dramatically as the terrain and windage changed.

I have ECO tune and the DPF Delete.

Usually I get 17.4 pulling the trailer so this trip was down a bit due to the time spent idling and the hills and the wind. Overall, I was happy with it.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #884
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlartibartfast View Post

yeah I have jammed it hard enough to hit the boost limiter, slid through a couple of corners, basically "drove it like I stole it" on a few occasions - the trans holds up just fine. I think the Hot tune is safe enough.

However, as I experienced before, I'm getting about 1 - 1.5 MPG less than I get with the Eco tune. I guess the Hot tune is just too much fun for the right foot!
My brother has a diesel WK and tows an RV trailer probably weighing 8000 lbs loaded. He has towed at highway speeds in some stiff headwinds with no problem. Says it's quite amazing how well the jeep handles it in 4th gear.
Unread 09-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #885
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

My latest stats -

worst driving conditions of all. 10MPH hour-long freeway crawls, short grocery trips, test drives around the block, flat out WOT runs - also new 31" tires.

22.2 MPG calculated, 19 reported by EVIC.

that was about the BEST MPG I got from my Jeep ZJ 4.0 and my Ford Ranger 2.5.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.