GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune) - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune)

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #796
Xmind
2007 WK 

What kind of mpgs are you guys seeing at highway speeds with the ECO or Hot tunes?

I am more interested at 80 MPH stead state MPGs as that is what I run 80% of miles at. From the few months that I've had the Jeep, I see roughly the following with my stock CRD:

MPH MPG
65 25
70 24
75 23
80 21

Unread 07-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #797
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

running Eco I get 29 @ 45, 26 @ 60, 24 @ 70. I tested @ 85 MPH once and got about 21 w/the tach near 3K RPM. Stock tire size, RWD, about 35PSI cold (close to 39 PSI doing 85 MPH).

My Hot numbers are about that same from 60 MPH on up but below 60MPH Hot MPG's are about 1 to 1.5 down from when I am running Eco
Zlartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #798
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

At 70mph I see about 23mpg....32" tires and lifted.
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #799
quicksilverado
2007 WK 

50/50 hwy/city I average between 24-25. 60 mph = 28-29
65 mph = 27-28
70 mph = 26-27
75 mph =25-26
Tires are 32", 40 psi, no lift.
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #800
sshaughn
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverado View Post
65 mph = 27-28
70 mph = 26-27
75 mph =25-26
I don't know how you guys are getting those numbers with your GDE tune. Hot or Eco I never posted numbers that good. I am pretty light on my foot too.
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:59 PM   #801
sshaughn
2008 WK 

Makes me think, is my fuel filter is clogged or something?
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:53 AM   #802
Hendrix9
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshaughn

I don't know how you guys are getting those numbers with your GDE tune. Hot or Eco I never posted numbers that good. I am pretty light on my foot too.
Makes me think "where do they drive that it's so flat?" haha. When was the last time you changed your fuel filter though? I try to do mine every other oil change or so.

How many miles have you guys put on your CRDs with the hot tune? Now that there's a fix for the high rpm hang I'm itchin' for it but am nervous about reliability, mostly of killing the trans.
Hendrix9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #803
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

I try to keep my RPM's as low as possible, but high enough to stay in the power curve. It's unfortunate that the most efficient speed from my CRD is 45 MPH, but I live in an area where I do a lot of driving at that speed - and with very few hills. So I have an advantage there.

I'm super finicky about my tire pressure. I removed my radio antenna. I avoid using the brakes. I try to use a "pulse and glide" style of driving but with the auto it really doesn't work as well as with a manual. I change my fuel filter every other oil change. I add Power Service to every tank. I"m thinking of bigger tires - from 29.5" to 31" diameter would theoretically gain 5% MPG if rolling resistance does not increase.

Hypermiling in a Jeep - yeah right.....
Unread 07-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #804
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverado View Post
65 mph = 27-28
70 mph = 26-27
75 mph =25-26
You must have the special super edition CRD to be getting those numbers....in some aspects it is impossible, 5 speed transmission, gearing, 32" tires, aero of a brick. At 75 mph you are turning well over 2500 rpms...again on paper it is not possible.

My totally stock Mercedes ML350 with Bluetec, 7 speed transmission, low rolling resistance tires, better aero...26mpg average

There is a member on here who has done a rear gear swap on his 2wd CRD with the ECO tune and I believe he may get those numbers, but again he has done a gear change.

Scratching my head on this one....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #805
BAH101
2008 WK 

He would get those numbers...if he was using imperial gallons
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #806
Tuco
2007 WK 

The threads about mpg are funny. I find that most numbers are questionable no matter what vehicle or forum. Im not going to spend $900 for a small mpg bump. I dont have to because I found a way to get huge mpg increases, better than GDE tune and nore environmentally friendly.

I got more than 25% mpg increase with just a few modifications.

Just go to N. California and get a long hair, they will do just about anything for a 6 pack. We got huge MPG increases in our 78 Scout. Now we just need to look for similar motor for our Jeep.

Unread 07-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #807
fishinbama
2007 WK 

My wife and I average between 26-29 in about 70/30 mixed highway to city driving. Jeep is doing great. She never turns off the a/c. Usually lets it idle to cool off first. It's very hot here in South Alabama.
Love the way our Jeep runs with the eco tune/with dpf delete. The gear change is awesome as well. It truly is the way Jeep should have made all the 2wd vehicles.
With mileage though, nothing is beating my 13' Passat tdi 6 speed. It gets 45-50 but is kind of weak compared to the Jeep. The Jeep is so powerful with this Feels much more powerful than the 5.3L in my truck.
fishinbama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #808
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Just go to N. California and get a long hair, they will do just about anything for a 6 pack. We got huge MPG increases in our 78 Scout. Now we just need to look for similar motor for our Jeep.

yeah but how much beer does it take per month?

In my neighborhood beer costs more than diesel

and them long-hairs tire pretty quickly in the hot summer

how do you hook up the turbo?
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #809
sshaughn
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix9 View Post
Makes me think "where do they drive that it's so flat?" haha. When was the last time you changed your fuel filter though? I try to do mine every other oil change or so.

I changed it about 12,000 miles ago...I have been running b20 biodiesel but maybe it cleaning out residual Left in the tank from regular diesel? I've been running b20 for 15,000 miles or so.

How many miles have you guys put on your CRDs with the hot tune? Now that there's a fix for the high rpm hang I'm itchin' for it but am nervous about reliability, mostly of killing the trans.
I've run about 10,000 miles on the hot-tune so far, I just recently got the updated fix for that tune.
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #810
quicksilverado
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
You must have the special super edition CRD to be getting those numbers....in some aspects it is impossible, 5 speed transmission, gearing, 32" tires, aero of a brick. At 75 mph you are turning well over 2500 rpms...again on paper it is not possible.

My totally stock Mercedes ML350 with Bluetec, 7 speed transmission, low rolling resistance tires, better aero...26mpg average

There is a member on here who has done a rear gear swap on his 2wd CRD with the ECO tune and I believe he may get those numbers, but again he has done a gear change.

Scratching my head on this one....
Smyrna Ga to Palm Coast Fla in the spring I got 27.7 mpg on the trip down at 70 mph. No stops and no traffic jams. The same trip on the way back was 27.4 mpg. Another trip from Smyrna ga to Bradenton Fla It got 25.6 mpg going down and 26.4 on the return trip. Both ways at 70 mph. The second trip was with a/c running. The first trip was without a/c. A few areas along the way the speed limit drops to slower speeds for congested areas or construction. So in all fairness the over all avg mph was probably closer to 65 mph. I don't accelerate fast and drive like an old fart. All averages are hand calculated. I filled the tank before getting on the hwy and stopped to fill the tank immediately after getting off the hwy on both trips. So there is virtually no stop and go traffic in these trip figures. I can't explain why it does so well, but I am not gonna complain about it. I got a bit over 25 mpg at 70 mph when the GC was stock.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.