GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune) - Page 52 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune)

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 06-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #766
terrasmak
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Korea, Osan AB
Posts: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigebo View Post
Hi GDE,

Im in OZ and have one of Murchison Products full 3" ss systems on my 07 WK which Id expect has the DPF delet as theres a straight pipe there.



Question is I've had your tune for several years now, and I'm very happy with it. You only had the eco tune available then(I think), and I was wondering if I need to get a dpf delete upgrade and does the hot tune come standard now as it wasnt an option when i got mine?

As I said another happy customer thats for sure
That exhaust almost looks like turbo back.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpz View Post
He's gonna love it.
I know he will, he has already driven mine with the GDE installed. Hopefully he gets his AC fixed, I really don't feel like troubleshooting all weekend.

__________________
"Racing makes Heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." -- Peter Egan
terrasmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #767
quigebo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Safety Bay, Western Australia
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee30D View Post
I also have Murchison Products 3" stainless exhaust and GDE Tune.
After checking with Stu (Murchison Products), he only sells the Eco tune.
He won't sell the Hot tune.

Very happy with my set up.

Cheers, Craig
any idea why that is Cherokee30D?

Yeah I'm happy with mine also, got a nice big 'coffin' box from stu a few years ago with armour, lift,snorkel, rims, GDE tuner, LED lightbar, 3" system..

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
No..your Jeep's ECM does not have regen programmed in from the factory. So you would have no need to purchase the "DPF delete" option from GDE.

Australia, UK etc Grand Cherokees did not have DPFs.
makes sense scootr29, thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrasmak View Post
That exhaust almost looks like turbo back.
Yeah it is mate, downpipe from turbo on top right of picture..

nice bit of gear and flows nice and free

Last edited by quigebo; 06-29-2013 at 05:16 PM..
quigebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #768
Cherokee30D
Member
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mount Martha, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigebo View Post
any idea why that is Cherokee30D?
Hi quigebo, not sure why Stu doesn't want to supply the Hot Tune, he didn't say. I am tipping that there would be a damn good reason, as Stu knows his Jeeps.

Sounds like you have kitted yours out nicely. Any photos...........
BTW: How do you post photos on this site??

I'm almost done. Just have rock rails and a snorkel to go.

Cheers, Craig
Cherokee30D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #769
ryann04
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee30D View Post
Hi quigebo, not sure why Stu doesn't want to supply the Hot Tune, he didn't say. I am tipping that there would be a damn good reason, as Stu knows his Jeeps.

Sounds like you have kitted yours out nicely. Any photos...........
BTW: How do you post photos on this site??

I'm almost done. Just have rock rails and a snorkel to go.

Cheers, Craig
This now makes me wonder why too... I have a Hot-Tune from GDE....
You should ask him for us to clear the air.
__________________
2008 - Jeep Grand Cherokee - 3.0L CRD - Quadra Drive II - GDE Hot-Tune - OME HD Lift Kit - OEM Full Steel Skids
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #770
scootr29
Web Wheeler
 
scootr29's Avatar
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigebo View Post



Yeah it is mate, downpipe from turbo on top right of picture..

nice bit of gear and flows nice and free
Wonder how much it would be to get that entire exhaust system to the USA?
__________________
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #771
Valpacer
Senior Member
 
Valpacer's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 558
JBA are the US dealer for Murchison Products, I know 3 of these exhaust systems have been sent there.

Stu determined the Hot tune was too risky long term, his own WH was used for extensive testing, and the extra benefit of the hot over the eco wasn't going to be worth it.

I've been in it on hot tune, and it was good, but a little bit of boost creep and loading up and fuelling on long runs was enough to stick to the eco.

For Australia with varied fuel quality and distance from dealers eco was the way to go.

Dave
__________________
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #772
quigebo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Safety Bay, Western Australia
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valpacer View Post
JBA are the US dealer for Murchison Products, I know 3 of these exhaust systems have been sent there.

Stu determined the Hot tune was too risky long term, his own WH was used for extensive testing, and the extra benefit of the hot over the eco wasn't going to be worth it.

I've been in it on hot tune, and it was good, but a little bit of boost creep and loading up and fuelling on long runs was enough to stick to the eco.

For Australia with varied fuel quality and distance from dealers eco was the way to go.

Dave
Once again Dave you come through with the goods
quigebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #773
dvella
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 28
Just ordered the hot tune today! Woooooooooooooooooooooo
__________________
2008 WK 3.0 CRD
1990 YJ 4.0 - SOLD
dvella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #774
dvella
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valpacer View Post
JBA are the US dealer for Murchison Products, I know 3 of these exhaust systems have been sent there.

Stu determined the Hot tune was too risky long term, his own WH was used for extensive testing, and the extra benefit of the hot over the eco wasn't going to be worth it.

I've been in it on hot tune, and it was good, but a little bit of boost creep and loading up and fuelling on long runs was enough to stick to the eco.

For Australia with varied fuel quality and distance from dealers eco was the way to go.

Dave
When you are talking risky, what is most at risk? Tranny? I just posted I ordered the hot and now am questioning myself! Would be nice to here from GDE on this as well...
__________________
2008 WK 3.0 CRD
1990 YJ 4.0 - SOLD
dvella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #775
ryann04
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvella View Post
When you are talking risky, what is most at risk? Tranny? I just posted I ordered the hot and now am questioning myself! Would be nice to here from GDE on this as well...
agreed...

If the tune I am running now(hot-tune) is compromised in the long run, I'd like too know about it.
__________________
2008 - Jeep Grand Cherokee - 3.0L CRD - Quadra Drive II - GDE Hot-Tune - OME HD Lift Kit - OEM Full Steel Skids
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #776
TurboDiesel
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: langley, BC
Posts: 1,900
everyone should know that the HOT tune is pushing the limits that out stock jeeps can handle, its been talked about alot on here
Keith himself even told me he doesnt know why there is so much interest with it

personally i love my eco tune, its got more than enough power and the mileage is awesome

if u want to race ur jeep why not get the srt8?
__________________
[B]-]All Blacked Out[-[/B]
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD
2" RC lift
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #777
terrasmak
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Korea, Osan AB
Posts: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
Wonder how much it would be to get that entire exhaust system to the USA?
I would love to just see the fwd section. DPF and Cat delete.
__________________
"Racing makes Heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." -- Peter Egan
terrasmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #778
scootr29
Web Wheeler
 
scootr29's Avatar
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrasmak View Post
I would love to just see the fwd section. DPF and Cat delete.
Sent Marlin at JBA an email to see availability and price...probably going to be $$$$$
__________________
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #779
Cherokee30D
Member
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mount Martha, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
everyone should know that the HOT tune is pushing the limits that out stock jeeps can handle, its been talked about alot on here
Keith himself even told me he doesnt know why there is so much interest with it

personally i love my eco tune, its got more than enough power and the mileage is awesome

if u want to race ur jeep why not get the srt8?
I'm with TurboDiesel.
Extremely happy with the Ecotune, especially knowing that it has been extensively tested by someone in the know.
I do a lot of towing and wanted more torque low down which I now have.
If I wanted to beat everyone from the lights, I would have bought an SRT8.

It will be interesting to see if those with the Hot Tunes develop problems down the track.

Cheers, Craig
Cherokee30D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #780
zc911
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: brampton, ontario
Posts: 203
with that exhaust would we get a check engine light due to the cat delete?
(assuming you have the DPF delete tune already)
zc911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.