GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune) - Page 50 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune)

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #736
Radcrd
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
hey another BC guy :P

with the tune u will never had a swirl motor issue and it leaves the valves open i believe
i need to order the hot tune..but i like my mileage..dont know how much of a drop it would be cause i do all city driving

also i got a dpf delete and reso delete
Get the HOT tune already and forget about the CAT delete! you will NOT be disappointed I promise you The HOT tune was like adding another tune on top of the ECO. Truely amazing I was not impressed with just the ECO as I still found it too laggy. The HOT tune you can almost spin all 4 wheels from a standstill.

3 VW TDI's (sold)
Radcrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #737
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

lol but i like my fuel mileage! bahh ill try it out, been working alot of OT lately :P
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #738
CrazyCanuck66
2008 WK 

Ok yea that's what I thought. What are the gains when u get the dpf delete
CrazyCanuck66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #739
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

abit better throttle response, little bit difference in tone, better mileage

then u can use oils made to keep the engine going rather than oils too keep the DPF alive

oil change next month ill be using mobil 1 0w40 [if i can find it in bigger than 1l jugs lol]
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
Tinted tails
more to come....
Unread 05-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #740
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck66 View Post
Anyway my 1st question is if I flash any of these tunes will I be able to put it back to my stock settings for servicing or any mechanical problems without leaving any foot prints for the dealership to void my warrantee.
Reflashing back to the original is no problem. I have done that and then gone to the dealer for warranty repairs. In my case, they did not notice. Once you are used to the process, flashing only takes about 10 minutes max. Keep in mind though, that if you are using the TUNE to "fix" a busted swirl motor, when you reflash to original, the busted swirl motor returns and the dealer may want to "fix" it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck66 View Post
4th and finally I bought a edge insight cts dash diagnostic scanner does anyone kno if it will work with these tunes. U guys are the ones that kno best so I thought it was time to ask because I am itching to start upgrading
I don't know about the "edge" but I have a Garmin Mechanic that plugs into the computer port full time and displays a variety of gauges etc etc. (Not as nice as the edge)
This device still works great. So my guess is that your "Edge" will work fine.

Oh.... buy the "tune" without the dpf delete and use it untill you are ready, then you can upgrade. If you someday buy a dpf delete "pipe" you do NOT have to "gut" out your dpf..... you can sell it, or keep it for whatever. I still have mine...may sell it.

I found out the other day that my rig does NOT have to pass emission in WA state.....but it would pass with flying colors if they knew how to test it. I have a thread about this.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #741
CrazyCanuck66
2008 WK 

Awesome thanks for all the information. There also getting rid of emission testing here in bc too so I'm not to worried about that.
CrazyCanuck66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #742
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

if old diesels that spew black smoke can pass i dont see why we couldnt with a dpf delete
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
Tinted tails
more to come....
Unread 05-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #743
Xmind
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
if old diesels that spew black smoke can pass i dont see why we couldnt with a dpf delete
They could pass because they were built at a time when there was little to no emissions regulations for them. 2007/2008 is a different story. Interestingly enough Mercedes was able to meet emissions in 2007 without a DPF on their 3.0l CDI vehicles, but they added a Eurea injection on their 2008 models.
Unread 05-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #744
fishinbama
2007 WK 

In the US, the CDI was phased out in 2005. 2006-8 om642 had a dpf part of the bluetec system, no urea injection. 2008 on got all of the bluetec system which includes the urea. Mercedes developed "bluetec" that other manufacturers also use now. They must pay mercedes for the right to use the technology.
fishinbama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #745
theendresult
2008 WK 

I bought the eco tune last week and have put 2500kms on it so far so I figured Id do a review for all those who are on the fence. I sent Keith my ecu file at 2am and had my tune at 4:57am! Hows that for service! I got the delete too but havent had time to do it so this is a review of just the eco tune.
I recently drove from langley to kamloops (1100ft elevation change; lots of up and down) and got 10.7l/100kms (21.9mpg) doing 120km/h (74.5mph)....hand calculated
With the following mods:
turbro resonator delete
k and n cone filter
32" all terrains( I adjusted the distance to make up for the bigger tires)
no lift
lower bumper ferring gone
spare tire on roof

Before the tune it was between 13.5-14.5l/100kms

I have noticed that a lot of the turbo lag is gone. The motor makes a new grunting noise when you press the gas quickly. Its a completely new vehicle. Where I really notice the difference is rolling full throttle from 60km/h-100.

My favorite thing so far is how the transmission behaves. When Id be doing 90km/h up most hills it would downshift. I felt that was totally unnecessary and that it had more than enough power to pull the hill in 5th. Ive driven on all the same hills and only on one of them did it still do this. Im guessing this is because the computer now says its only using 60% of power instead of 80% thus not needing to downshift. I dont have a gauge so those numbers aren't accurate, just a guess.

It also shifts alot sooner/lower rpms when cruising through the city.

Based on my calculations this tune will pay for itself in 18,000ish kms. And due to no egr I will extend my oil change intervals to 12k instead of 10k.

I drive about 30k kms a year. So this tune will pay for itself in 8-9 months. And after that I will save $1170 every year.

I probably wont buy the hot tune as Im more of a slower driver/economy person.

Was it worth it? Totally!
theendresult is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #746
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theendresult View Post
I bought the eco tune last week and have put 2500kms on it so far so I figured Id do a review for all those who are on the fence.
Nice write up. I love my tune too!
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #747
TangoTango
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinbama View Post
In the US, the CDI was phased out in 2005. 2006-8 om642 had a dpf part of the bluetec system, no urea injection. 2008 on got all of the bluetec system which includes the urea. Mercedes developed "bluetec" that other manufacturers also use now. They must pay mercedes for the right to use the technology.
What is UREA injection?
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #748
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_Exhaust_Fluid

it's used as a catalyst, injected into the DPF, as part of the regeneration cycle
Zlartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #749
TangoTango
2008 WK 

So what happens if the DPF is missing? Is there some kind of UREA container you need to keep full for any reason?
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #750
fishinbama
2007 WK 

I thought I would mention that walmart now sells European Mobil one 0w-40 in 5 quart jugs for 23.00 now.
@Tango- In vehicles that use the SCR, there is a tank to hold the Urea fluid. It is usually blue and you can now buy it in most places. It is usually in gallon jugs near the diesel items. Almost all the newest diesels use this system.
fishinbama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.