GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune) - Page 49 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune)

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 05-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #721
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

it's worth noting that Keith @ GDE has been tuning other CRD's for quite some time, including MB and VW. I can't say how my engine will be running after 50K miles on the GDE tune(s), but I can say that right now it's running better than when I bought it. 5K miles on the Eco tune, now 1K miles since I flashed the Hot tune, no complaints.

Zlartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #722
Tuco
2007 WK 

Quote:
Had to be in Nelspruit at 9:00 this morning, but woke up very early and could not get back to sleep.

So left just after 5:00 after filling up and decided to test the Jeep's fuel consumption at 100km/h true speed on the gps. Above 100 aerodynamics tend to stuff up consuumption.

Got to Nelspruit and filled up immediately. Pleasant surprise: 27,7mpg at an average speed of 56mph.

Not bad for a permanent 4x4 with a lift, bigger tyres, 5 speed auto and a heavy body. And driver.;D

And the GDE Hot tune.

Back got 21mpg at an average speed of 73mph.

Total distance 400 miles.
Its not clear what units you are using here (US vs imperial gals?). Your average is 24.35 mpg. This is about what I get on highway with a stock set up and after many thousands of miles of data.

So how are you folks computing MPG's? I hope its not with the EVIC (especially if tire size has been changed!) or with a single one-way trip or tank of fuel. I see so many posts where someone gets outstanding mpg's. When in reality they are going down a mountain or with strong tail wind or they simply dont know how to do the math. To get an accurate estimate of MPG change after installing a product like GDE, it will take many tanks and many miles and many conditions to determine. A one-way trip of a couple hundred miles means nothing to me and it should mean little to anyone.

Sorry for the rant...
Unread 05-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #723
quicksilverado
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Its not clear what units you are using here (US vs imperial gals?). Your average is 24.35 mpg. This is about what I get on highway with a stock set up and after many thousands of miles of data.

So how are you folks computing MPG's? I hope its not with the EVIC (especially if tire size has been changed!) or with a single one-way trip or tank of fuel. I see so many posts where someone gets outstanding mpg's. When in reality they are going down a mountain or with strong tail wind or they simply dont know how to do the math. To get an accurate estimate of MPG change after installing a product like GDE, it will take many tanks and many miles and many conditions to determine. A one-way trip of a couple hundred miles means nothing to me and it should mean little to anyone.

Sorry for the rant...
I average about 27 mpg on the hwy at 70 mph. 50/50 hwy city I average around 25 mpg. Just made a trip from Smyrna ga to Bristol tn. Drove thru the mountains and could only drive 60-65 mph for most of the trip. Mpg on the trip up was 28.4 for the 300 mile trip. On the trip back I did some site seeing on back roads. Some of the roads I could only drive between 30-45 mph. 450 miles on that tank I got 29.3 mpg. I have taller tires and hand calculate my mileage for every tank. Any faster than 70 mph and the mpg drops fast. Ran 75 mph all hwy for a tank and got just over 26 mpg. I drive conservative and usually run at the speed limit.
Unread 05-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #724
BAH101
2008 WK 

Ok, I installed the ECO w/o delete in April 2012, upgraded to the ECO tune w/delete in Nov.

During the time with just the ECO tune, I tracked on paper every fill, marking down the mileage on my fuel receipt.
My exel spreadsheet, corrects for my mileage due to my oversized tires.
So, during that period, I drove 16416km (10199m) and used 1745.775 litres of summer blend diesel (461.18US Gal)(362.6imp Gal).
So, my mileage, combined, about 80% highway, 20% city works out to:
10.3 liters/100km
27.4 mpg (imp gal)
22.8 mpg (US gal)

I have not had as good figures with the ECO/delete yet, as it has been very cold since November and have been using winter blend fuel. But, since I installed it, my figures have been 26.1imp Gal, 21.7US gal, 10.9 l/100.

Forgot to add my pre tune/post lift and larger tire mileage:
25.4 (imp) mpg
11.4 l/100
Unread 05-04-2013, 12:06 AM   #725
Rainier
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post

Sorry for the rant...
Actually I use fuelly for all my calculations.
Rainier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #726
CrazyCanuck66
2008 WK 

Ok I guess it's about time I asked all the questions that I have after reading about this awesome product. I bought my jeep GC Limited S in November with 61,000 km on it, I think there's 68,000km now. I have a 5 year extended warrantee on it. So if it will void the warrantee which Ofcourse they say it will I'm going to have to wait another 5 years and I dont think I can wait that long haha. Anyway my 1st question is if I flash any of these tunes will I be able to put it back to my stock settings for servicing or any mechanical problems without leaving any foot prints for the dealership to void my warrantee. 2nd I will most likely skip the Eco tune and go straight to the Hot tune because I am looking for more power then fuel mileage even though it sounds like the Hot tune gets almost the same depending on how u drive it. I was woundering can I run the hot tune without a dpf delete because I think someone was saying u can't run the dpf without gutting ur dpf and putting in a dpf delete pipe or else u will plug it up. I will eventually put one in But the reason I ask this is because if I gut it and put the dpf pipe in the dealership will kno forsure. 3rd I was reading on GDE website that if u are going to use the hot tune u should have a aftermarket torque converter is that nessasary or am I ok with what came stock with the GC. 4th and finally I bought a edge insight cts dash diagnostic scanner does anyone kno if it will work with these tunes. U guys are the ones that kno best so I thought it was time to ask because I am itching to start upgrading thanks.
CrazyCanuck66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #727
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck66 View Post
.......1st question is if I flash any of these tunes will I be able to put it back to my stock settings for servicing or any mechanical problems without leaving any foot prints for the dealership to void my warrantee.
Yes, you can flash back to the OEM tune. AFAIK the dealer cannot determine what you had flashed previously, but it may be possible for them to see that a flash has been applied.

Quote:
2nd .....I was woundering can I run the hot tune without a dpf delete....
Yes you can run with DPF intact and fully functional. I have put 7K miles on my CRD with the GDE Tune and a working DPF

Quote:
3rd I was reading on GDE website that if u are going to use the hot tune u should have a aftermarket torque converter is that nessasary or am I ok with what came stock with the GC.
The OEM converter is fine the tune(s) will not exceed it's rated capacity

Quote:
4th and finally I bought a edge insight cts dash diagnostic scanner does anyone kno if it will work with these tunes. U guys are the ones that kno best so I thought it was time to ask because I am itching to start upgrading thanks.
I don't know the answer to that one, but I am using Torque Pro and it works just fine
Unread 05-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #728
CrazyCanuck66
2008 WK 

Awesome thanks for the information is there anything I would need to do befor I go ahead and order it
Unread 05-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #729
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

I would read/fix any DTC's you might have before applying the flash; you can use the flash tool to scan for codes before installing the tune. If you are on your factory original battery, be prepared to replace it. Mine died after exactly 5 years of service
Unread 05-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #730
CrazyCanuck66
2008 WK 

I'm pretty sure when I bought the GC they put a new battery in and I have no code errors I check it with my edge cts when I got it last week. Thanks.
Hey do u kno if the swirl motor error is turned off when u load the tune. Mine is still ok but does that mean the swirl motor is turned off or just the sensor so it doesn't go into limp mode if ur swirl motor goes If its just the sensor how will u kno if it swirl motor does go if the sensor is off?
Unread 05-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #731
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

hey another BC guy :P

with the tune u will never had a swirl motor issue and it leaves the valves open i believe
i need to order the hot tune..but i like my mileage..dont know how much of a drop it would be cause i do all city driving

also i got a dpf delete and reso delete
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #732
CrazyCanuck66
2008 WK 

Nice yea I would get those deletes too but I can't I guess until my warrantee is up
Unread 05-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #733
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

i got some third party warranty that ive never used..
dont know what they could blame the dpf delete for...

also from what i have heard the dealer can see how many times u have flashed the ECU, dont know if they can tell with what tho
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #734
CrazyCanuck66
2008 WK 

Hmmm really that's no good if they can see that. I don't want to loose my warrantee that's 5 years of free fixes down the drain. Wasnt it u who said u need to get rid of ur dpf if u use the dpf delete or else u will clog it. If I gut it then they will really know. What where ur gains with the dpf delete and when u got rid of the dpf
Unread 05-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #735
jjt250
2007 WK 

The Hot tune and the Eco tune are your base tunes. The DPF delete tune can be added as extra for like $100. So if you don't want to delete your DPF (through gutting it or straight piping it), then do not get the DPF delete tune when you get your base tune. If you run your Jeep with the DPF delete tune but have not gotten rid of the DPF, you will clog it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.