GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune)

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #31
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert J. yates View Post
So let me make sure I understand correctly... the GDE tune will eliminate the swirl motor from the equation with no adverse affects? I have 84k on my 08 right now and the replacement black seal charge tube I installed at 25k is now leaking pretty good so its not the be all end all fix either. I need to run this truck for another 2 years so avoiding the swirl motor problem is huge for me. If this tune gets rid of it... that right there is worth the price of admission.
The tune will get rid of future swirl motor issues....

Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #32
Dr. Internet
2012 WK 

The tune does two things. First, it modifies the way the engine works to improve performance and economy. Second, it modifies the ESM to ignore the alarm signal from the swirl motor and prevents a swirl motor alarm from putting your Jeep into limp-home mode.
On another note, regardless of the color of the intake gasket, you should correct the leak condition. Search in this forum for elephant hose to find the most common cure for oil in the turbo intake.

2012 Black Grand Cherokee Overland Summit 4x4
USN Club Hull # WK-13
TEXAS Jeep Club #29
Dr. Internet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #33
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Internet View Post
The tune does two things. First, it modifies the way the engine works to improve performance and economy. Second, it modifies the ESM to ignore the alarm signal from the swirl motor and prevents a swirl motor alarm from putting your Jeep into limp-home mode.
On another note, regardless of the color of the intake gasket, you should correct the leak condition. Search in this forum for elephant hose to find the most common cure for oil in the turbo intake.
Thanx and I have another charge tube on order. Not interested in the elephant hose mod. This will be the 3rd charge tube in less than 4 years.... pretty frustrating.
Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #34
terrasmak
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert J. yates View Post
Thanx and I have another charge tube on order. Not interested in the elephant hose mod. This will be the 3rd charge tube in less than 4 years.... pretty frustrating.
Time for the aftermarket to build an aluminum charge tube with silicon couplings. A nice breather tank can take place of the E hose mod, I'm going that direction.
Unread 05-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #35
BAH101
2008 WK 

Well, just hand calculated my last fill. Did a 400km drive home and then back to work, so this was mainly highway driving with two days of city. The terrain is mainly flat, but the first 1/3 is quite hilly. Kept the speed about 98 km/h(60mph), (speed limit is 90km/h), both ways. I calculated 9.8L/100km, 28.9(imp)MPH, 24.08(US)MPH.
This is about the same as before I lifted and installed the larger tires.
So far it's looking good.
Unread 05-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #36
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH101 View Post
Well, just hand calculated my last fill. Did a 400km drive home and then back to work, so this was mainly highway driving with two days of city. The terrain is mainly flat, but the first 1/3 is quite hilly. Kept the speed about 98 km/h(60mph), (speed limit is 90km/h), both ways. I calculated 9.8L/100km, 28.9(imp)MPH, 24.08(US)MPH.
This is great news ...I wish I got to drive my Jeep more...
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
Unread 05-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #37
ktmkris
2008 WK 

Since i have a check engine light with code p2009 i will be ordering the gde tune in the am. I have read very good reviews on it and spoke with Keith at gde twice today and he seems to be a very nice guy. So i will have one coming my way also. I have been assured by everyone it will take care of my current code.

Much like Scootr, I dont get to drive my jeep much, because it is my wifes. At this time i have 4 Dodges with cummins in them. My wife has always loved the sound of them, so she wanted something that had the sound of a big truck, and she loves her jeep. I just hope I can work out the reliabilty of the jeep so we can keep it for a long time. I know she will only drive it a couple more years tops, then like many on here it becomes mine.

Also the extra mileage should pay for the tune in no time.
2008 jeep grand cherokee 4x4 3.0 crd limited 50,000 miles,GDE eco tune,dpfe delete. mbrp dpf back exhaust gutted resonator mod, ehm, rock krawler 3.5 inch x factor lift, rough country 1.5 wheel spacers,Rusty's offroad diff guards, k&n drop in, 275/75-17 bfg km1's,tinted windows.....on the way:custom cold air intake.
ktmkris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #38
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmkris
Since i have a check engine light with code p2009 i will be ordering the gde tune in the am. I have read very good reviews on it and spoke with Keith at gde twice today and he seems to be a very nice guy. So i will have one coming my way also. I have been assured by everyone it will take care of my current code.

Much like Scootr, I dont get to drive my jeep much, because it is my wifes. At this time i have 4 Dodges with cummins in them. My wife has always loved the sound of them, so she wanted something that had the sound of a big truck, and she loves her jeep. I just hope I can work out the reliabilty of the jeep so we can keep it for a long time. I know she will only drive it a couple more years tops, then like many on here it becomes mine.

Also the extra mileage should pay for the tune in no time.
Please post up your wife's response to the engine after the tune....it sounds more like a diesel to me.
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #39
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH101 View Post
damn thats insane!!
i must get this tune now...damnit more mods! lollol

can there be a group buy on tunes? LOLLOL
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #40
ktmkris
2008 WK 

scootr, my wife says she cant tell a difference in noise, but she is used to the sound of a cummins. The tuner fixed my p2009 issue for a short like 50 miles. The cel always comes on at start up even if i delete it. But it stayed off for 10 starts and 50 miles but it reared it ugly head. Any of the guy running a gde know anything about that?
2008 jeep grand cherokee 4x4 3.0 crd limited 50,000 miles,GDE eco tune,dpfe delete. mbrp dpf back exhaust gutted resonator mod, ehm, rock krawler 3.5 inch x factor lift, rough country 1.5 wheel spacers,Rusty's offroad diff guards, k&n drop in, 275/75-17 bfg km1's,tinted windows.....on the way:custom cold air intake.
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #41
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

What code is coming up?
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #42
ktmkris
2008 WK 

p2009, it is the same code that started all of my issues, before tune it would come up everytime i would crank the jeep, post tune is 40-50 miles, I drove jeep all day and it set code off three times.
Unread 05-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #43
Chirpz

2007 WK 

GDE Tune - Peppy!

OK.... after driving for 4 days around town, I agree that the GDE tune result in more power that you can feel. Smooth power too!

I'm beginning to think that it is a noisier, but only slightly. My wife, the sound hound, still has not noticed.

I'll publish some mileage data soon..
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #44
GDE
2005 KJ Liberty 

We were made aware of an issue with the swirl code popping back up after driving for a while. If anyone else experiences this, please let me know as we have an update that should fix it, once ktmkris validates the new tune sent a little bit ago.

There are actually 4 swirl fault codes that can arise:

P1270 Swirl Performance
P2008 Swirl open circuit
P2009 Swirl circuit low
P2010 Swirl circuit high

P1270 was the intitial complaint for owners and we addressed this first, now we should have them all taken care of. GDE
GDE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #45
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDE
We were made aware of an issue with the swirl code popping back up after driving for a while. If anyone else experiences this, please let me know as we have an update that should fix it, once ktmkris validates the new tune sent a little bit ago.

There are actually 4 swirl fault codes that can arise:

P1270 Swirl Performance
P2008 Swirl open circuit
P2009 Swirl circuit low
P2010 Swirl circuit high

P1270 was the intitial complaint for owners and we addressed this first, now we should have them all taken care of. GDE
Thanks for the quick update and response....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.