GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 1270 Old 05-14-2012, 12:31 PM
SSF556
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 3,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert J. yates View Post
So let me make sure I understand correctly... the GDE tune will eliminate the swirl motor from the equation with no adverse affects? I have 84k on my 08 right now and the replacement black seal charge tube I installed at 25k is now leaking pretty good so its not the be all end all fix either. I need to run this truck for another 2 years so avoiding the swirl motor problem is huge for me. If this tune gets rid of it... that right there is worth the price of admission.
The tune will get rid of future swirl motor issues....


Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
SSF556 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 1270 Old 05-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Dr. Internet
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 329
The tune does two things. First, it modifies the way the engine works to improve performance and economy. Second, it modifies the ESM to ignore the alarm signal from the swirl motor and prevents a swirl motor alarm from putting your Jeep into limp-home mode.
On another note, regardless of the color of the intake gasket, you should correct the leak condition. Search in this forum for elephant hose to find the most common cure for oil in the turbo intake.

Steve

2012 Black GC Overland Summit 4x4 2006 Red LJ Rubi
USN Club Hull TJ-13 TX Jeep Club #29
Dr. Internet is offline  
post #33 of 1270 Old 05-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Robert J. yates
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: mars
Posts: 3,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Internet View Post
The tune does two things. First, it modifies the way the engine works to improve performance and economy. Second, it modifies the ESM to ignore the alarm signal from the swirl motor and prevents a swirl motor alarm from putting your Jeep into limp-home mode.
On another note, regardless of the color of the intake gasket, you should correct the leak condition. Search in this forum for elephant hose to find the most common cure for oil in the turbo intake.
Thanx and I have another charge tube on order. Not interested in the elephant hose mod. This will be the 3rd charge tube in less than 4 years.... pretty frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgm2 View Post
And yes, I am an exceptional scientist and engineer.
Robert J. yates is offline  
post #34 of 1270 Old 05-14-2012, 03:30 PM
terrasmak
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sin City
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert J. yates View Post
Thanx and I have another charge tube on order. Not interested in the elephant hose mod. This will be the 3rd charge tube in less than 4 years.... pretty frustrating.
Time for the aftermarket to build an aluminum charge tube with silicon couplings. A nice breather tank can take place of the E hose mod, I'm going that direction.

"Racing makes Heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." -- Peter Egan
terrasmak is offline  
post #35 of 1270 Old 05-14-2012, 05:36 PM
BAH101
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 874
Well, just hand calculated my last fill. Did a 400km drive home and then back to work, so this was mainly highway driving with two days of city. The terrain is mainly flat, but the first 1/3 is quite hilly. Kept the speed about 98 km/h(60mph), (speed limit is 90km/h), both ways. I calculated 9.8L/100km, 28.9(imp)MPH, 24.08(US)MPH.
This is about the same as before I lifted and installed the larger tires.
So far it's looking good.

2008 CRD QDII, OME HD, Pintlers wheels with 265/70/17 Goodyear Silent Armour's, Jeepinbyal UCA's. 4XGuard Front guard, Side Guard, belly guard, Matrix HC. GDE ECO Tune w/ delete.
BAH101 is offline  
post #36 of 1270 Old 05-14-2012, 05:49 PM
SSF556
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 3,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH101 View Post
Well, just hand calculated my last fill. Did a 400km drive home and then back to work, so this was mainly highway driving with two days of city. The terrain is mainly flat, but the first 1/3 is quite hilly. Kept the speed about 98 km/h(60mph), (speed limit is 90km/h), both ways. I calculated 9.8L/100km, 28.9(imp)MPH, 24.08(US)MPH.
This is about the same as before I lifted and installed the larger tires.
So far it's looking good.
This is great news ...I wish I got to drive my Jeep more...

Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
SSF556 is offline  
post #37 of 1270 Old 05-14-2012, 06:40 PM
ktmkris
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: monroe
Posts: 74
Since i have a check engine light with code p2009 i will be ordering the gde tune in the am. I have read very good reviews on it and spoke with Keith at gde twice today and he seems to be a very nice guy. So i will have one coming my way also. I have been assured by everyone it will take care of my current code.

Much like Scootr, I dont get to drive my jeep much, because it is my wifes. At this time i have 4 Dodges with cummins in them. My wife has always loved the sound of them, so she wanted something that had the sound of a big truck, and she loves her jeep. I just hope I can work out the reliabilty of the jeep so we can keep it for a long time. I know she will only drive it a couple more years tops, then like many on here it becomes mine.

Also the extra mileage should pay for the tune in no time.

2008 jeep grand cherokee 4x4 3.0 crd limited 50,000 miles,GDE eco tune,dpfe delete. mbrp dpf back exhaust gutted resonator mod, ehm, rock krawler 3.5 inch x factor lift, rough country 1.5 wheel spacers,Rusty's offroad diff guards, k&n drop in, 275/75-17 bfg km1's,tinted windows.....on the way:custom cold air intake.
ktmkris is offline  
post #38 of 1270 Old 05-14-2012, 07:08 PM
SSF556
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 3,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmkris
Since i have a check engine light with code p2009 i will be ordering the gde tune in the am. I have read very good reviews on it and spoke with Keith at gde twice today and he seems to be a very nice guy. So i will have one coming my way also. I have been assured by everyone it will take care of my current code.

Much like Scootr, I dont get to drive my jeep much, because it is my wifes. At this time i have 4 Dodges with cummins in them. My wife has always loved the sound of them, so she wanted something that had the sound of a big truck, and she loves her jeep. I just hope I can work out the reliabilty of the jeep so we can keep it for a long time. I know she will only drive it a couple more years tops, then like many on here it becomes mine.

Also the extra mileage should pay for the tune in no time.
Please post up your wife's response to the engine after the tune....it sounds more like a diesel to me.

Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
SSF556 is offline  
post #39 of 1270 Old 05-14-2012, 07:19 PM
TurboDiesel
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: langley
Posts: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH101 View Post
Well, just hand calculated my last fill. Did a 400km drive home and then back to work, so this was mainly highway driving with two days of city. The terrain is mainly flat, but the first 1/3 is quite hilly. Kept the speed about 98 km/h(60mph), (speed limit is 90km/h), both ways. I calculated 9.8L/100km, 28.9(imp)MPH, 24.08(US)MPH.
This is about the same as before I lifted and installed the larger tires.
So far it's looking good.
damn thats insane!!
i must get this tune now...damnit more mods! lollol

can there be a group buy on tunes? LOLLOL

2008 CRD // GDE Eco // DPF delete // 3" intercooler // OME HD // 265 dirtytracs etc.
TurboDiesel is offline  
post #40 of 1270 Old 05-17-2012, 07:13 PM
ktmkris
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: monroe
Posts: 74
scootr, my wife says she cant tell a difference in noise, but she is used to the sound of a cummins. The tuner fixed my p2009 issue for a short like 50 miles. The cel always comes on at start up even if i delete it. But it stayed off for 10 starts and 50 miles but it reared it ugly head. Any of the guy running a gde know anything about that?

2008 jeep grand cherokee 4x4 3.0 crd limited 50,000 miles,GDE eco tune,dpfe delete. mbrp dpf back exhaust gutted resonator mod, ehm, rock krawler 3.5 inch x factor lift, rough country 1.5 wheel spacers,Rusty's offroad diff guards, k&n drop in, 275/75-17 bfg km1's,tinted windows.....on the way:custom cold air intake.
ktmkris is offline  
post #41 of 1270 Old 05-17-2012, 07:16 PM
SSF556
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 3,368
What code is coming up?

Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
SSF556 is offline  
post #42 of 1270 Old 05-17-2012, 07:27 PM
ktmkris
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: monroe
Posts: 74
p2009, it is the same code that started all of my issues, before tune it would come up everytime i would crank the jeep, post tune is 40-50 miles, I drove jeep all day and it set code off three times.

2008 jeep grand cherokee 4x4 3.0 crd limited 50,000 miles,GDE eco tune,dpfe delete. mbrp dpf back exhaust gutted resonator mod, ehm, rock krawler 3.5 inch x factor lift, rough country 1.5 wheel spacers,Rusty's offroad diff guards, k&n drop in, 275/75-17 bfg km1's,tinted windows.....on the way:custom cold air intake.
ktmkris is offline  
post #43 of 1270 Old 05-17-2012, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Chirpz
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Battle Ground
Posts: 1,378
GDE Tune - Peppy!

OK.... after driving for 4 days around town, I agree that the GDE tune result in more power that you can feel. Smooth power too!

I'm beginning to think that it is a noisier, but only slightly. My wife, the sound hound, still has not noticed.

I'll publish some mileage data soon..

Chirpz
2007 WK 3.0L CRD, Quadradrive II, GDE EcoTune, DPF-Delete
4xGuard Front, Rear, Belly, & Side Rails, Factory Skids
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline  
post #44 of 1270 Old 05-18-2012, 08:37 AM
GDE
Registered User
2005 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Commerce Township
Posts: 185
We were made aware of an issue with the swirl code popping back up after driving for a while. If anyone else experiences this, please let me know as we have an update that should fix it, once ktmkris validates the new tune sent a little bit ago.

There are actually 4 swirl fault codes that can arise:

P1270 Swirl Performance
P2008 Swirl open circuit
P2009 Swirl circuit low
P2010 Swirl circuit high

P1270 was the intitial complaint for owners and we addressed this first, now we should have them all taken care of. GDE
GDE is offline  
post #45 of 1270 Old 05-18-2012, 10:56 AM
SSF556
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 3,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDE
We were made aware of an issue with the swirl code popping back up after driving for a while. If anyone else experiences this, please let me know as we have an update that should fix it, once ktmkris validates the new tune sent a little bit ago.

There are actually 4 swirl fault codes that can arise:

P1270 Swirl Performance
P2008 Swirl open circuit
P2009 Swirl circuit low
P2010 Swirl circuit high

P1270 was the intitial complaint for owners and we addressed this first, now we should have them all taken care of. GDE
Thanks for the quick update and response....

Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
SSF556 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Green Diesel Engineering tune for WK GDE WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 87 06-01-2016 12:19 PM
tune up for a 05' Free-Willy WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 0 01-07-2010 05:49 AM
95 ZJ Tune-Up ?'s trontheman89 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 2 11-07-2008 10:18 AM
4.7 tune-up, non H.O. H3RESQ ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 15 01-15-2007 06:21 PM
Tune Up on a 99 GC? MFairbourn ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 2 07-17-2004 12:45 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome