Ok, I gutted my DPF today and installed the no regen tune. It took me about 2 hours I think. At least one hour of that removing the ceramic honeycomblike matrix inside of the DPF.
Overall, it was easy enough.
1. vehicle on jackstands
2. spray penetrating fluid
3. Remove transmission belly pan -5 bolts-3 in back -2 in front
5. remove nuts from front and rear of dpf-these came off easily for me, the front top one was a little tight but came off with a 13 mm combination wrench
6. Pull flex attachment away from rear of dpf.
7. Lower transmission cross member. I unfastened one side and most of the other side but the last 2. I put a jack under the center. Mainly to keep it aligned with bolt holes.
8. with crossmember lowered the dpf is free to come out-Push towards the rear to disengage the hangar.
9. Gut the dpf any way you can. I beat on it with chisels, screwdrivers, and pieces of square tubing. It took awhile. It's densely packed in there. It came out in chunks. Took me about an hour. I didn't want to punch through the pipe wall so I went slower than I could have.
10. reinstallation was pretty easy
Let me know if you can't see the pictures