GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune) - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune)

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #241
Havefun
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnadanzig View Post
I do have more DPF pipes if anyone is interested. I have replied to the PM's, but I would be willing to give a discount for a group buy. The sprinter pipe is not even close. I wish it was that simple.
I'm ready. GDE has the software and tnadanzig has the hardware. Group buy anyone? I would like mine in Stainless please.

Bright Silver Metallic '08 WK CRD Limited, QDII, Electronic Limited-Slip Front and Rear, Factory Skid Plates, Tow Hooks, HID Headlamps, GPS, 245/60R18 Tires and Wheels, Joined our family 8-24-2012 with 23,500 miles

Being towed behind a 36' Country Coach Allure Rouge 300HP Cummings Diesel / Allison 3060
USN Jeep Club Hull #208
Silver WK Club Member #60
Amateur Radio Operator NH7XP
GDE Tune
Rocky Road Super-sliders
OME Heavy Lift......Ordered

"Never again will one generation of veterans abandon another."
Havefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #242
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havefun View Post
I'm ready. GDE has the software and tnadanzig has the hardware. Group buy anyone? I would like mine in Stainless please.
I am going to wait for the GDE tune and pipe....either way this is a big step for the WK CRD.
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #243
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquey View Post
Just pm'd you tnadanzig. Scotty29 I'd like to get on your list. I've got the gde eco tune and its amazing. Great power band.
I got it, replied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havefun View Post
Sounds good.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #244
Havefun
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
I am going to wait for the GDE tune and pipe....either way this is a big step for the WK CRD.
Any time frame yet on the GDE package? Their tune is Great.
Bright Silver Metallic '08 WK CRD Limited, QDII, Electronic Limited-Slip Front and Rear, Factory Skid Plates, Tow Hooks, HID Headlamps, GPS, 245/60R18 Tires and Wheels, Joined our family 8-24-2012 with 23,500 miles

Being towed behind a 36' Country Coach Allure Rouge 300HP Cummings Diesel / Allison 3060
USN Jeep Club Hull #208
GDE Tune
Rocky Road Super-sliders

Unread 09-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #245
jaje
2007 WK 

I'm in for the group buy with tnadanzig for the DPF delete. Once I get that I'll do the GDE tune.
#74 Exocet - NASA ST3 / E0
jaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #246
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaje View Post
I'm in for the group buy with tnadanzig for the DPF delete. Once I get that I'll do the GDE tune.
jaje or tnadanzig could you start a separate post for a potential group buy for the tnadanzig dpf delete pipe.....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #247
CRD Dawg
2008 WK 

I'd be in. Plan to do the tune as well.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 09-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #248
Havefun
2008 WK 

Group Buy Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
jaje or tnadanzig could you start a separate post for a potential group buy for the tnadanzig dpf delete pipe.....
Done. Please see: Potential group buy for the dpf delete pipe thread on WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum

USN Jeep Club Hull #208
GDE Tune
Rocky Road Super-sliders

Unread 09-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #249
fishinbama
2007 WK 

Ok, I gutted my DPF today and installed the no regen tune. It took me about 2 hours I think. At least one hour of that removing the ceramic honeycomblike matrix inside of the DPF.
Overall, it was easy enough.
1. vehicle on jackstands
2. spray penetrating fluid
3. Remove transmission belly pan -5 bolts-3 in back -2 in front
5. remove nuts from front and rear of dpf-these came off easily for me, the front top one was a little tight but came off with a 13 mm combination wrench
6. Pull flex attachment away from rear of dpf.
7. Lower transmission cross member. I unfastened one side and most of the other side but the last 2. I put a jack under the center. Mainly to keep it aligned with bolt holes.
8. with crossmember lowered the dpf is free to come out-Push towards the rear to disengage the hangar.
9. Gut the dpf any way you can. I beat on it with chisels, screwdrivers, and pieces of square tubing. It took awhile. It's densely packed in there. It came out in chunks. Took me about an hour. I didn't want to punch through the pipe wall so I went slower than I could have.
10. reinstallation was pretty easy
http://s1077.beta.photobucket.com/user/wyrosjr/library/
Let me know if you can't see the pictures
fishinbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #250
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

damn man good work
let us know how the DPF tune is!!
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #251
fishinbama
2007 WK 

I went on a short country drive and it is a tiny bit louder. Fuel economy seems good but I can't really tell anything. With power, it seems maybe a little stronger. It seems to coast much easier now? Maybe this is in my head but it
seems to have less engine braking. Which is a good thing I think or will be for fuel economy.
fishinbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #252
quicksilverado
2007 WK 

That is what it looked like when I gutted the cats on my Silverado. Glad to hear it coast better. I could not believe how much the GC slowed down at any speed when you let off the throttle with the stock tune.
Unread 09-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #253
Med_Phys
2008 WK 

Does anyone that lives in an area that requires diesel emissions have any input on doing the dpf delete tune? I'm planning on getting the tune after I get mine back from the shop, but I'm not sure which tune I should get. Any suggestions?
Unread 09-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #254
terrasmak
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Med_Phys View Post
Does anyone that lives in an area that requires diesel emissions have any input on doing the dpf delete tune? I'm planning on getting the tune after I get mine back from the shop, but I'm not sure which tune I should get. Any suggestions?
Im planning on trying to smog without the DPF, if not i will drive home, 4 bolts and install the thing, back to the smog station for the pass. Remove again once i get home.
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #255
snoman_wk
2008 WK 

I have been running the GDE ECO tune since the begining of the summer and highly recommend it

I origionally contacted Keith about his tune and the possibility to tune a DPF delete. After a few conversations I agreed to install the GDE ECO no regen tune when I got my DPF gutted. The plan was to run 2-3 tanks on the base tune and then delete/gut the DPF and install the appropriate tune. Well, time passed and I was busy fighting forest fires in northern alberta. During that time I got a good baseline milage between stock eco tune and now I am ready to provide him with no regen mileage result.

If you are on the fence about getting this tune I would highly recommend it. The ECO tune provides everything that is advertised. There is still a little turbo lag when launching from a stand still but if you're not expecting to dart accross a busy freeway lane of oncoming traffic you will be very happy ... I wouldn't even dream of doing that with the stock tune!!! I got 2mpg increase with ECO Tune, hand calculated and find it hard to stay off the skinny peddle. Passing and uphill climbs are a breeze now.

So onto the DPF delete, I looked into replacement cost for the DPF before jumping into this project. At $5000+ cdn it was not a decision that was made lightly ... after some anxious moments waiting for a local muffler shop to finish gutting my DPF it was time to load up the new tune. That took less time that the origional load, when I fired up for the first time I only noticed a slight increase in tone. I now notice a drone that is a few decibles louder than stock and can hear the truck start up in the driveway ... not a loud as my 6.7L cummins with straight pipe. Time for some more aggressive tires to drown out the drone. If you are expecting stock exhaust noise level I would recommend keeping your DPF intact or be prepared to buy a high flow muffler. Fuel mileage and seat of the pant tourque do not seem to have changed by gutting the DPF.

To recap, LOVE the tune and highly recommend to everyone I talk too. I am still working with Keith on fuel economy figures and will post when final testing is completed.
snoman_wk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.