GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune) - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > GDE Tune (Green Diesel Tune)

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 08-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #151
jaje
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemiller View Post
I'm itching for a dpf delete, I would probably take the plunge on the tune if it is dpf delete especially if someone is making an oem replacement dpf filter removable pipe(no issues with my filter right now so wouldn't want to trash it.) I'd love to tune, dpf delete and MBRP exhaust at one shot.
This is my hope as well to be able to do this all in one step and then swap them all over at the same time. I'd like to hit high 20's mpg on the highway just cruising at 60-65mph. I'd also add in the K&N filter and likely do the turbo resonator pipe as well to free up intake and exhaust air going in.

jaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #152
fishinbama
2007 WK 

Can't wait for the eco tune plus dpf delete update!
fishinbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #153
jediknight
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDE View Post
The GDE ECO tune typically lowers cruising exhaust temps 50-150 F, depending on speed/load. By optimizing the combustion less fuel is needed to hold speed and correspondingly slightly lower EGTs.

On a side note: We are almost finshed validating a DPF delete tune. Early data is showing a decent increase in fuel economy around 2 mpg. There is virtually no smoke exiting the tailpipe even without a DPF installed. The Merc engine is very clean. Coupled with the ECO tune the fuel economy gain can be up to 3-6 mpg.

The DPF itself was just gutted, then refit in place and all sensors remain in factory configuration. The face of the DPF was 60-80% clogged from ash. PO did not use the "low ash" oil apparently. Based on feedback, the exhaust tone is not noticeabley different w/o DPF brick.
What would be the difference between your tune and customspooling tune ?
Is the concept the same ? One power tune and one eco tune both having egr and dpf delete ?
Unread 08-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #154
GDE
2005 KJ Liberty 

For North America we currently have our WK ECO tune and within a couple weeks we will add the DPF delete option for this tune. The option will add $100 to the tune package.

We will investigate building a delete pipe for the DPF, but this may take a little more time to have available. Not sure on pricing for the pipe as we have not looked into a quote yet. Being stainless steel with flanges, I would expect it to be under $200 hopefully.

I have no idea how the custom spooling tune compares to the GDE tune. Does anyone know how much their tune costs w/ a flash programmer tool included?

Since the ECO tune with DPF delete currently makes no smoke, we can surely create a HOT tune option in the coming months to amp up the performance more. I guess this would be for those that just can't have too much power underneath their right foot!
GDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #155
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
For North America we currently have our WK ECO tune and within a couple weeks we will add the DPF delete option for this tune. The option will add $100 to the tune package.

We will investigate building a delete pipe for the DPF, but this may take a little more time to have available. Not sure on pricing for the pipe as we have not looked into a quote yet. Being stainless steel with flanges, I would expect it to be under $200 hopefully.

I have no idea how the custom spooling tune compares to the GDE tune. Does anyone know how much their tune costs w/ a flash programmer tool included?

Since the ECO tune with DPF delete currently makes no smoke, we can surely create a HOT tune option in the coming months to amp up the performance more. I guess this would be for those that just can't have too much power underneath their right foot!
So current customers will have to pay $100 for the DPF delete?
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #156
TangoTango
2008 WK 

When i cruise at 85 mph I get 20.1 mpg ... my engine OEM no mods.

Deleting the DPF has to do with dealing with a a major plug. If it is not removed you really can't get any performance air-fuel mod's.
Personally i think if you want a build an offroad only race truck, if do not remove the DPF then you will get no gain on engine mods. it's a no-brainer old school. more Air & fuel .. without an exit will get you not much gain.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #157
jediknight
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDE

... And please without damageing the engine or side effects. When Dpf deleting does that mean the regen cycles (750 miles ish) will be completly turned off ?
Unread 08-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #158
CustomSpooling2

The current price of our DPF Delete Tune (Economy and Performance) is $1125 including the flash tool and both tunes. This includes minimizing or disabling EGR.

Quote:

Unread 08-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #159
torqrise
2007 WK 

[QUOTE=jediknight;14006596]... And please without damageing the engine or side effects. QUOTE]

Exactly.
One thing to keep in mind is that the fuel system and air system including the turbo all are designed to have optimal performance within certain limits. I'm sure GDE is within these limits - but it doesn't take alot variation in pressure and flow to severly shorten the life of the fuel system.

On the turbo side, you need to maintain a certain amount of backpressure in the exhaust system or you may risk a turbo overspeed.

I am also interested in the GDE tune - although I would like to be reassured that they have taken the component limitations into account - as we all know how expensive they are to replace...
torqrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #160
GDE
2005 KJ Liberty 

We used turbo speed sensors, thermocouples and in-cylinder pressure transducers during development of the tunes. Our tune is designed to remain within the factory limits, so as not to shorten the lifespan of the engine. Most customers see a drop in exhaust temps when running our tunes. Thanks, GDE
GDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #161
Jscheier
2007 WK 

Couple of quick observations:

1. Fuel mileage (two tanks) is up about 2 mpg over the InmotionUSA tune I had prior to the GDE tune. Awesome!
2. Coolant temps are one mark cooler than when OEM (two marks below 12 o’clock vs. one mark below 12 o’clock)
3. Power delivery and overall drivability is much better than OEM with off-idle lag being better than the Inmotion tune. I never dyno’d the jeep with the InMotion tune, but power feels about the same.
4. Off-idle acceleration is significantly more ‘diesel like’ than OEM and the Inmotion tune. It appears to lessen once the motor warms. Basically sounds like a 7.3 PowerStroke when you accelerate from a stop when cold.

I like the tune and will report back after towing to Pueblo and Hastings over the next month.

2007 Jeep GC QD2 CRD is for sale!!!!
Jscheier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #162
suzieque
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscheier View Post
will report back after towing to Pueblo and Hastings over the next month.
thanks, I'd also like to hear your towing experience with the tune.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #163
jaje
2007 WK 

Quote:
I like the tune and will report back after towing to Pueblo and Hastings over the next month.
I will be at Hastings Sept 1/2 with NASA Central region racing Spec Miata. Wonder if that is the event you are going to.

I'm waiting for the DPF delete and replacement pipe before going with the GDE tune (just buy it in one fell swoop - do the intake filter and exhaust as well).
Unread 08-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #164
Jscheier
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaje View Post
I will be at Hastings Sept 1/2 with NASA Central region racing Spec Miata. Wonder if that is the event you are going to.
Nope. I'll be there Sept 20-23 with the Mustang Roundup. Was planning on going to the NASA event... but two 8 hour tows back-to-back gets old.

2007 Jeep GC QD2 CRD is for sale!!!!
Jscheier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #165
jaje
2007 WK 

Quote:
Nope. I'll be there Sept 20-23 with the Mustang Roundup. Was planning on going to the NASA event... but two 8 hour tows back-to-back gets old.
Been there, done that. We (NASA Central Region) are planning on running High Plains sometime next year with NASA RMR (tentative in our schedule).

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.