Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Garage door opener stopped working and it won't let me train it!

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mntgoat 
#1 ·
So the other day I couldn't open the garage door with the homelink garage door opener. It has been working with the same door/motor unit for like 7 years. The other garage door opened just fine with the button programmed for it. The door that didn't work is working fine with other remote controls.

I tried to retrain and it didn't work. I tried both holding the button for a long time and holding it for two seconds. I tried both with a different remote and with the learn button.

I also tried resetting the entire thing by holding the two outer buttons for 20 seconds and that reset it all but now I can't train any of the doors.

Did the ability to be trained just break? is there maybe some way to set that whole thing?

Thanks.

#2 ·
I had a similar issue the other day, I figured the opener itself may be acting up (it's old), but the next day it worked fine. I know that's not much help but maybe just leave it for a bit in case there's interference or something?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.