Fuel Rail too hot? WK 3.7 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Fuel Rail too hot? WK 3.7

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #16
2005WK37David
2005 WK 

Switched back to 10% ethanol gas, and the first time I gave it the option to let me down it did. Let it sit for about 30 minutes after running for a while, then came back to start it, and same issue. Engine compartment up to 150 degrees near the fuel rail.

2005WK37David is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #17
BigRick
2008 WK 

I know its been a while since this posting - But I had this exact same problem w/ a 2001 Lincoln LS I had - Ended up being a leaky fuel injector. Essentially, the injector would leak fuel into the cylinder after shutting down the engine. Leaked in the first 30 mins after shutting off the motor - after that the pressure would equalize and it would stop. In the 10 to 30 mi range, the motor was essentially flooded and wouldn't start. After sitting for several hours, that leaked fuel would evaporate and it started fine. It took the dealer to figure out which injector was leaking, but after they fixed it, never had another problem.

Maybe in your case the ethanol leakes past an o-ring or something, I don't know but it's worth looking into.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #18
2005WK37David
2005 WK 

Since my last post on 10-27-2012, I have driven over 17,000 miles, on ethanol free gas. Every two months i will fill up once with ethanol gas, and will have the same issue, so back to ethanol free gas.

I have read about how ethanol is causing some issues on orings and such, but mainly on small engines, like lawn equipment and such.

I average 15mpg, and it starts every time when using ethanol free gas. It has 337,000 miles on it, and it sounds like it is new, and runs like it is new.
2005WK37David is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.