fuel pump/fuel gauge issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > fuel pump/fuel gauge issues

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 08-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #1
GreaSeaMonkey
2005 WK 

fuel pump/fuel gauge issues

hello all i have a 05 GC limited 5.7, i recently had to get my heads re done im a boat mechanic and rebuilt many engines that has similar mpi setups plus i got a manual for it and helped alot so i felt confident enough to tackle this on my own and id take it to a dealership but not here they charge you out rearend and you cant get answers from them unless you let them take it in. anyways after all that i get my heads back and start putting it all back together. got finished with that and checked all connections made sure there tightened like a good mechanic should and put all new fluids everything. as i crank it everything sounds good like it first did when i bought it but i noticed my fuel pump wasnt making the noise it should and my gas guage moves a hair (i filled it almost completely before it sat). i know to check my fuses they are all good inside and out and checked my relays by jumping them to the battery to c if theyre clicking, they working, so im thinkg just a bad fuel pump bc how long it was sitting. i dropped the tank and there was fuel in the tank bout 15gallons after siphoning so i thought the whole fuel pump module assembly wasnt working. but out of kicks i put jump wires to it straight to battery and it kicks on so i just started laughing after all this work and droppin the tank. now im thinking i have a bad connection or i did somthing wrong in hooking up all the electrical connectors back up, but i have ocd in that field and rechecking everything numerous of times makin sure i hooked everything back up. found no loss connections no disconnected connectors, decided to get my test light out and start at the connector hooked to fuel pump assembly, got nothing back here at the tank. my fuse and relay boxes have power goin to em lights my test light up bright so i stop there to do some research and im no automechanic but theres times u gotta stop and say hey this aint a boat! so i need to get some advice and i did some research and found this here website that looks hella handy thought i could get some help from the jeep fans and pros out here!!! Help me please!!!

btw ive looked threw several jeep forums on here with similar problems but none seems to fix mine? did i screw up big doin this by myself?

Last edited by GreaSeaMonkey; 08-24-2014 at 08:00 PM..
GreaSeaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2014, 10:14 PM   #2
caulk04
2008 WK 

Wow man, that's rough reading. How about some breaks in that sentence?

Is your Auto Shut Down relay (ASD) not working right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.