Fuel Level Sensor replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Fuel Level Sensor replacement

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Fuel Level Sensor replacement

Anyone know of a good link to a write up on dropping the tank on an 05 Grand Cherokee Laredo? I've got a bad fuel level sensor and my aftermarket extended warranty won't cover it.

I've done the job on my 1997 TJ...just don't know how different it is on my newer Grand Cherokee...haven't had a chance to crawl underneath the thing yet....

Any help is greatly appreciated.

samger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
theSovereign
2007 WK 

Starting on Page 21... Jeep WK Grand Cherokee - Section 14 Fuel System
theSovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Figures...I can't access it from work...have to look at it when I get home. Thanks a ton for the link!!
Unread 07-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
Texas WJ
Web Wheeler

2005 WK 

Quote:
I've got a bad fuel level sensor and my aftermarket extended warranty won't cover it.
Before you replace the sensor, check out the connections. Make sure there in no corrosion.

I had a issue a couple months back where high water was causing a problem with the gauge, after it dried out everything was fine.
Unread 07-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas WJ View Post
Before you replace the sensor, check out the connections. Make sure there in no corrosion.

I had a issue a couple months back where high water was causing a problem with the gauge, after it dried out everything was fine.
Thanks for the tip, I'll make sure to check everything out first

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.