Front window tint - which % and finish? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Front window tint - which % and finish?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
jdoria
2007 WK 

Front window tint - which % and finish?

Which tint is a near perfect match to the rear factory windows on a 2007 Limited?

I'm going to be doing a few mods this week and I want to get the windows done also.

jdoria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2008, 06:16 PM   #2
onlyone
2014 JK Wrangler 

Mine has 35%
Unread 12-01-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
robpp

Factory is about 18% if checked with a light meter. Most films, 3M or LLumar, are 15 or 20. I got the 15, they called it the dark match, at a place called tintcrafters. They use LLumar film.

I think it matches perfect:

Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2008, 06:36 PM   #4
jdoria
2007 WK 

Good info thanks. The shop has Llumar film.
Unread 12-01-2008, 07:09 PM   #5
robpp

Ive had the LLumar for over a year without issue.

Good Luck
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
Unread 12-01-2008, 10:00 PM   #6
jeeplover8

1) How much would it cost just to tint the front two windows. (I know its gonna be different at different places but aprox?)

2) Is it legal to tint the front windows in NY?

3) What does the % mean? Is higher the number darker it is, or the opposite.

I believe the legal limit in ny is 35% but I dont know if 35% is dark or not. I have gotten tint down all around on my sedan, but always wondered why trucks are tinted on the back but never on the side front windews out of factory.
jeeplover8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #7
jeeplover8

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpp View Post
Factory is about 18% if checked with a light meter. Most films, 3M or LLumar, are 15 or 20. I got the 15, they called it the dark match, at a place called tintcrafters. They use LLumar film.

I think it matches perfect:

Robpp, nice ride

I noticed you don't have roof mount thingy, you took them off or was the roof mount thingy an option that you simpy didn't choose.

You already know just got a jeep last week, so yeah i will be posting lots of question on this forum.
jeeplover8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #8
robpp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplover8 View Post
Robpp, nice ride

I noticed you don't have roof mount thingy, you took them off or was the roof mount thingy an option that you simpy didn't choose.

You already know just got a jeep last week, so yeah i will be posting lots of question on this forum.
Thats a photoshop. But you could get the SRT8 rails in place of the WK ones. they are just plastic strips that cover the holes.check wkjeeps for the kit. search srt8 roof rails or roof rack.
Unread 12-01-2008, 10:14 PM   #9
robpp

Quote:
1) How much would it cost just to tint the front two windows. (I know its gonna be different at different places but aprox?)

I believe the legal limit in ny is 35% but I dont know if 35% is dark or not. I have gotten tint down all around on my sedan, but always wondered why trucks are tinted on the back but never on the side front windews out of factory.
1. in colorado it cost me 75 for the front 2 with lumar. cheaper tint, cheaper prices.

2. Probably only to 35%. Most states its none at all o nthe front windows.

3. its the amount of light let thru. so 15% is darker than 20% which is darker than 35%.
Unread 12-01-2008, 10:59 PM   #10
liquidforceb069
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i have them on mine.. but i want to get rid of them for the rack ones.... if you take yours off let me know : ). Also i have Llumar film tint on my 98 XJ stock is 15% it matches exactly and will be doing this to my WK
RE Hack N' Tap
RE CVF Driveshaft 33.5" In Length
Warn Front Bumper With Winch
IPF Headlight Conversion
Drawtite Roof Rack
15% Tint All Around
Autolite Iridium XP Plugs And Wires
Optima Red Top
www.northwest4x4.com

Tow Rig
2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Black
liquidforceb069 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2008, 06:20 AM   #11
jdoria
2007 WK 

Quote:

$125.00 for the 2 front

Not "legal" at all I believe any longer. You can google it to verify, but it used to be 80% visible light had to pass through the front windows.
Unread 12-02-2008, 07:53 AM   #12
Crookster777
2010 WK 

125 for front 2? No way I had mine done at Speed World in Queens for 75 bucks. Legal limit on tint in NY is 70% VLT.

20% Tint:

HEMI Club Member #1
If you have a Hemi please join: http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506901
NightCrew #127
Crookster777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2008, 08:12 AM   #13
xoxstugotsxox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoria View Post
$125.00 for the 2 front

You got RAPED!!!! I paid 60bucks!
xoxstugotsxox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #14
john07slade
2011 WK 

Sorry don't wanna get the thread off track but Crookster, what a great looking ride. Just awesome. Clay bar?
john07slade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2008, 02:57 PM   #15
xoxstugotsxox

Quote:
Originally Posted by john07slade View Post
Clay bar?
Nope..........Clay BARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

xoxstugotsxox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.