Front Seatbelts Short? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Front Seatbelts Short?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread Yesterday, 11:33 AM   #1
Forcus
2005 WK 

Front Seatbelts Short?

I know what you are thinking, "lose some weight, fatty". But we are not huge and the seat belts seem really short. I searched and never saw it mentioned which leads me to believe there might be a problem in the retractor. But it is on both sides. We do have the retractor issue where it doesn't go back in all the way and I plan to disassemble and clean / lube them, but is this an issue for anyone else that isn't 3 bills?

Unread Yesterday, 12:01 PM   #2
Jtav2012
2005 WK 

They are really friggin short. I'm a fatty, but the belt was so tight I couldn't lean forward at all. Never had that in any other vehicle, front or back.

Neither of my belts retract properly either, I should disassemble mine too, but I just got a seatbelt extender for both front seats.
Unread Yesterday, 12:52 PM   #3
pawwright

Hahaha - my seatbelts don't retract properly either - went to the dealer right away and they said as long as they retract they don't have to fix.... even if it takes 20 minutes to retract. I guess this is common on the WK... glad I wasn't the only one.
pawwright is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 03:18 PM   #4
Forcus
2005 WK 

Yeah I thought the above was the case but I didn't want to buy a seatbelt extenders... on the other hand maybe that little nudge will get me to the gym again, lol.
Unread Yesterday, 03:51 PM   #5
luckyse7ens
2010 XK Commander 

I'm @ 220lbs in an XK. Plenty of seatbelt to work with.
Black WK Club #152
luckyse7ens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 05:04 PM   #6
LaddieHanus
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I dont know if it still this way but the Jeep dealer gave me a seat belt extension (about 8 inches long) for free, did for my Dodge Ram also. This was about 10 years ago.

97 TJ Sahara
89 YJ
2000 Dodge/Cummins Lance Camper
2004 GC Limited (Wife Jeep)
LaddieHanus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.