Front Drive Shaft Removal - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Front Drive Shaft Removal

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-31-2013, 12:05 AM   #31
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

That is interesting! I have a uni on the pinion end and a cv on the t-caseend with my Hemi and mine doesn't come out without unbolting the crossmember. Iplan to take the spare shaft I have in and have it modified like yours on thet-case end with a double cardan and also have them put a slip in it so it willcompress enough to be removed if need be. You said you had the adapter speciallymade? I was hoping there would be something out there already that would work.Any chance I could trouble you for one?!

That sucks about the brake lines! I wonder why they did that?

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 12:21 AM   #32
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Some more info and pics:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/o...1/index40.html

Unread 06-01-2013, 04:32 AM   #33
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
That is interesting! I have a uni on the pinion end and a cv on the t-caseend with my Hemi and mine doesn't come out without unbolting the crossmember. Iplan to take the spare shaft I have in and have it modified like yours on thet-case end with a double cardan and also have them put a slip in it so it willcompress enough to be removed if need be. You said you had the adapter speciallymade? I was hoping there would be something out there already that would work.Any chance I could trouble you for one?!

That sucks about the brake lines! I wonder why they did that?
Does yours not have a slip joint under the concertina plastic cover? If they put a slip joint the same length as the rear shaft noone would have any problems!

My shaft was cut down down and had the Cardan welded onto the end, and they machined the flange on the cardan to match the tcase pattern. Not just as simple as an adaptor sorry!
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #34
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Oh I see, thanks. I have a slip in mine but it is on the t-case side. It would get cut off when the cardan goes in, so they would have to add a new one at the same time.

Any chance our t-case end is similar to anything the JK uses? That would make things easier!

Unread 06-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #35
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Pulled my front drive shaft today.

'07 4.7 - definately pull the cross member.

12 8mm bolts later - this is what comes out:

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.