Front drive shaft, front position rebuild kit?? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-12-2016, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Jessetheflip

Front drive shaft, front position rebuild kit??

Anyone ever heard of front drive shaft, front position rebuild kit for a 2008 Wk 5.7?? I see one on eBay for up to a 2007 year but iam not sure if that will fit my driveshaft. My front side of my front prop shaft is shot and clicks badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-12-2016, 04:37 PM
bensylrm
2005 WK 

Save yourself the trouble, spend a few extra bucks and just replace the entire half axle. Check rockauto.com for the price of the axle, I think I spend about $65 on the Cardone one. It's a super simple job. Disassemble the wheel area to get to the axle, pull the old one out, pop the new one in and reassemble.

Sent from my WK JGC phone...

05 WK 4.7 OME HD F150 MLL's, FS Dest AT 245/70-17. Lots of stickers, lights EVERYWHERE!
post #3 of 7 Old 06-12-2016, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Jessetheflip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensylrm View Post
Save yourself the trouble, spend a few extra bucks and just replace the entire half axle. Check rockauto.com for the price of the axle, I think I spend about $65 on the Cardone one. It's a super simple job. Disassemble the wheel area to get to the axle, pull the old one out, pop the new one in and reassemble.

I think your thinking of the wheel axle, iam talking about the The front facing CV joint on the front drive shaft.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-12-2016, 05:23 PM
bensylrm
2005 WK 

Whups, my bad. Nope, haven't had to touch that one *yet*. When I do, I'll replace instead of rebuild more than likely. Let us know how it goes. I'm sure I'll have to do it eventually also.

05 WK 4.7 OME HD F150 MLL's, FS Dest AT 245/70-17. Lots of stickers, lights EVERYWHERE!
post #5 of 7 Old 06-12-2016, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Jessetheflip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensylrm View Post
Whups, my bad. Nope, haven't had to touch that one *yet*. When I do, I'll replace instead of rebuild more than likely. Let us know how it goes. I'm sure I'll have to do it eventually also.

It's all good haha, these things have too many cv joints, it tends to get confusing. It looks like I may end up replacing the entire drive shaft or getting one custom made with U-joints. Unfortunately I can't seem find a rebuild for that end of the drive shaft for WKs, only up until 2004 for the Grand Cherokees and up until 2007 for Liberty's.

post #6 of 7 Old 06-13-2016, 02:35 PM
chance_p
Buddy Guy
2008 WK 

Carolina driveshaft has a unit with serviceable u joints for $325 + shipping.

The CV joint rebuilds for our front DS don't even fit properly from what I have read.

08 WK 4.7 QTII - Daystar BB - Bilstein 4600 - JK Moabs - 265/70 Cooper AT/3 - Flashpaq
post #7 of 7 Old 06-13-2016, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Jessetheflip

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance_p View Post
Carolina driveshaft has a unit with serviceable u joints for $325 + shipping.

The CV joint rebuilds for our front DS don't even fit properly from what I have read.

Thanks so much! I was looking into some reputable shops to get a new drift shaft from, I will be contacting them soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.