FM not working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > FM not working

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 11-08-2006, 07:53 AM   #1
Lone Gunman

FM not working

My FM doesn't work on my radio, Infinity brand is what it has. 1996 jeep grand cherokee laredo. Had a dodge truck that did the same damn thing. Also, at times, the interior display dims out, and then brightens up again. Any ideas? Hope I dont have to get a new damn radio.

Lone Gunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
jeep_on

You should ask this question in the ZJ / WJ forums. Maybe a mod will move it?

The radio could just be ready to go. Who knows, their so cheap to replace I wouldn't question it.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
conrasm
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Check the antenna connection. Mine was loose under the dash in my cherokee and once I fixed that, the radio worked again. The antenna wire has a push together connection before it leaves the cabin and it rusted. I just taped it together with electrical tape. It's worth checking that before you buy another unit.
'07 Ram 1500 quad cab
Heritage Region Jeep Alliance
conrasm is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.