Finding a grille - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Finding a grille

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 11-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
Laxxer
2008 WK 

Finding a grille

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows of a place online that has body colored grilles? I tried painting my chrome one and it just didn't turn out the way I liked. I searched the forum to see if anyone else had asked this and looked on ebay, but found nothing in the brilliant black at all. Thanks!

Unread 11-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxxer View Post
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows of a place online that has body colored grilles? I tried painting my chrome one and it just didn't turn out the way I liked. I searched the forum to see if anyone else had asked this and looked on ebay, but found nothing in the brilliant black at all. Thanks!
Probably have to paint it yourself, unless the Limited or Overland editions came with it paint matched from stock. In which case you could call up your local dealer and order it through them. You will pay big $$ going via dealer though.

I'd just sand your stock one down and paint it yourself. Or get a paint shop to shoot some paint on it for you.
Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
Laxxer
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryann04 View Post
Probably have to paint it yourself, unless the Limited or Overland editions came with it paint matched from stock. In which case you could call up your local dealer and order it through them. You will pay big $$ going via dealer though.

I'd just sand your stock one down and paint it yourself. Or get a paint shop to shoot some paint on it for you.
Yeah went the DIY route arleady, just wasn't overly excited with the results. I was hoping there'd be somewhere i could find a good deal on one online but no luck so far. Maybe I'll look into a paint shop, thanks!
Unread 11-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Find a Laredo in the same color, their grills are typically color matched
Unread 11-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
JRLT
2010 WK 

2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
sickchilly
2010 WK 

I got lucky and scored a brilliant black one off a 2010 Laredo on eBay. It was just over $100 shipped, so way cheaper than buying new from the dealer or having it professionally redone. I believe it was from LKQ (www.lkqcorp.com), a fairly popular nationwide auto wrecker. You might also try searching www.car-part.com to see if any wrecking yards near you have one or there is one at a yard that will ship. I have to say, the black grill made quite the difference:
img_1250.jpg

Unread 11-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
JRLT
2010 WK 

Rhinolined mine.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.