[Few Pics] Testing Out My Stock 08 4.7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > [Few Pics] Testing Out My Stock 08 4.7

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
redshift88
2008 WK 

[Few Pics] Testing Out My Stock 08 4.7

First Post

I bought this Jeep to be a fun DD that could tow my project car. It seems I might be having more fun in the Jeep. Now I have two money pits. Anyways....

A friend offered to accompany me up a muddy trail near my home (in case I got stuck) and I couldn't resist. This stock WK did pretty well, even with the air dam!

Enjoy the pictures of an unmolested WK at the top of a New York mountain.

P.S. I ordered some recovery rings from Aspen Creek today, pictures to follow.

As I haven't resized the pictures, and there are quite a few. Here's an imgur link instead.

http://imgur.com/a/c6E0A

It's nice to meet you all.

08 WK 4.7 QTII

redshift88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

awesome pics!
did u cross the mud hole?
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #3
redshift88
2008 WK 

Oh yeah. There were about 3. That was one of the milder ones, and because I had caught up to my friend, I had time to snap a picture. The water almost covered the wheel and the mud was packed high enough I would have to turn out of the ruts to continue.

It seems an appropriate modification is to relocate my diff breathers a little higher if I want to try another "water crossing."

Thanks for the compliment!
redshift88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
08 , 4.7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.