And then around 7 months went by without much modding, and I found a great deal on a BRAND new set of 5 2014 Rubicon wheels and tires on Craigslist - a state over. The guy I got them from in Jersey was very nice and his wrangler was kick-***. Brand new and lifted with 35's. So I scooped these babys.
Was a bit concerned they wouldn't fit stock even after having talked to a fellow member who did the same thing lol.
I like this little touch, I suppose the dealership put them on there haha:
So anyways, I went ahead and mounted the 32's on my stock suspension WK. The tires are 255/75/17 BFG MT's.
With the help of these guys and a torque wrench:
I gained two inches of lift from the tires alone measuring to the bottom of the side skirt thingymajig. 12" stock, exactly 14" with the new tires.
They do fit perfectly fine unmodified, aside from a SLIGHT rub at 3/4 turn on the pinch weld. It's really not an issue though. I was very surprised. They also cleared the UCA bolt by literally the width of like two quarters. Lol.
I drove it that way for a while and then decided to put my mind at ease and trim the bolts. Again, this is not necessary, but I feel better now.
It doesn't look it, but the end result is super smooth due to some Dremel sanding.
The tires don't leave much room for articulation as you might imagine, so my next project will be a lift
Leaning towards full OME HD, possibly some sort of modified OME.