Factory navigation screen blank - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Factory navigation screen blank

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 04-20-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
whitetj0525
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Factory navigation screen blank

Yesterday I began having a problem with my wife's 2006 GC limited. It has the stock nav unit installed. The unit will not come on(only comes on to eject a disk), not play any music and no buttons will work except for the disk eject. Any help would be apperciated. Also I already tried disconnecting the battery.

whitetj0525 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
WmassWK
2006 WK 

Mine completely crapped out 3 weeks ago. After it heated up the screen would die and the right side and bottom buttons would not work. The radio did play but only the presets would function. I managed to get the discs out out and ordered a used one from ebay. I got the used one in like new condition for cheaper than going aftermarket. The original was then brought to the range to help ease my nerves through proper therapy. I did save the nav disc.
WmassWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
darot

your looking at 4 to 500 to replace with a reman one, hardly worth the money. Just junk it and get an aftermarket (cruchfield). Its a bummer loosing the factory phone but I got over it. I got the sony all touch screen. I would get one that has knobs for radio, the touch is a pain for the radio. I do love the tom tom nav though.

BTW i went through 2 factory nav radios, trust me and just junk it.
darot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:02 AM   #4
whitetj0525
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well I would like to get an after-market unit, but my wife doesn't want to lose the ability to play the rear DVD sound for my kids. So it looks like I will have to replace the factory one. Does anyone know of a good site I can get one for cheap? Also is there any newer chrysler units the will let me retain the ability to have the DVD volume play through my speakers?

Thanks for the input,
Mike
whitetj0525 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
stpmnwkjeep
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetj0525 View Post
Well I would like to get an after-market unit, but my wife doesn't want to lose the ability to play the rear DVD sound for my kids. So it looks like I will have to replace the factory one. Does anyone know of a good site I can get one for cheap? Also is there any newer chrysler units the will let me retain the ability to have the DVD volume play through my speakers?

Thanks for the input,
Mike
If you get an aftermarket one like I did the rear DVD will still work with the headphones. If you don't have a set you can pick them up on eBay for around $50. Plus then you can listen to whatever you want and the kids can hear their program -a win win!
stpmnwkjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
kielg
2005 WK 

Fixed same issue

I recently had the same issue in my 2005 WK Limited with the factory REC navigation screen only working in the cold and then powering down the screen leaving only the radio preset buttons working. I was able to remove the stereo and take the face off, remove the control board and resolder the resistors below the video controller on the backside and use alcohol to clean all the grounding pads. 1 week so far and the screen hasn't failed yet so hopefully this is the fix.
kielg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
94jeepman
2005 WK 

They are crap you'd be better off going out and buying one that you like for $300+ depending on what you would go with. I have read somewhere on what might fix it but it requires good soldering
KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.