Factory Mopar WK CRD DPF delete pipe - Here it is! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 06-18-2017, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Over-land
2007 WK 

Factory Mopar WK CRD DPF delete pipe - Here it is!

Ok guys, this forum helps me out so i'm giving back some newfound (for me) knowledge on how to buy a factory Mopar "delete" pipe that replaces your DPF. After hours of searching for a alternative to a $300 aftermarket pipe I found what I was looking for!

Here in the US we think that whatever we have the rest of the world has and it's all the same - WRONG! It turns out Europe does not have the stringent emissions restrictions we have and as a result they do not have the DPF and it's a standard down pipe. A FACTORY DELETE PIPE!

I saw some guys a while back buy the delete pipe from Ebay UK as these are simply junkyard parts over there. So after a simple Ebay UK search I found the pipe from UKchryslerspares and for less than $150USD shipped to my door it was all mine in all it's glory!

Behold the fabled streamlined ultralight Euro-delete pipe!

Another angle for reference

US mega snowflake DPF and UK pipe for comparison

This is a plug and play swap and fits like it should. Its OEM Mopar and looks stock like it was always there!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-19-2017, 12:35 AM
johnsquared
2008 WK 

Garage
Funny how that works sometimes! Just got my '08 CRD GC a few weeks ago so I'm new to the diesel game... couple questions if you don't mind: Are you doing an EGR delete also? And, does the DPF delete require an ECM reprogram so the system knows not to blow fuel back there or whatever? (Forgive my ignorance and thanks for the info!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

'08 Grand Cherokee
(Oo)[||||||](oO)
Laredo CRD
post #3 of 16 Old 06-19-2017, 08:43 AM
08rubie1

I bought mine from ebay last year for like 75 shipped from london... works well

post #4 of 16 Old 06-19-2017, 08:44 AM
johnsquared
2008 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08rubie1 View Post
I bought mine from ebay last year for like 75 shipped from london... works well

Did you have to reprogram? How noticeable was the difference in performance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'08 Grand Cherokee
(Oo)[||||||](oO)
Laredo CRD
post #5 of 16 Old 06-19-2017, 08:52 AM
kryton

Garage
If anyone wants contact details for some reliable breakers here in the UK, let me know and I will post them up. Theres 3 that I have personally used & can recommend

Jeep; Rescuing Land Rovers since 1947
post #6 of 16 Old 06-19-2017, 08:54 AM
08rubie1

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsquared View Post
Did you have to reprogram? How noticeable was the difference in performance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah you need to retune for the dpf delete... performance gains nothing really at all maybe a little bit. The fact i can now use really what ever oil i want is why i did it. Also i bet it saves maybe a 1/4 to a half gallon per tank not having to regen all of the time.
post #7 of 16 Old 06-19-2017, 10:45 AM
underscore
2007 WK 

This is why I want to figure out how to read the ECU myself for cheaply, then we just need a copy of someones European tune to go with this pipe and DPF deletes will be much cheaper.

2007 WK CRD QDII
post #8 of 16 Old 06-19-2017, 10:48 AM
08rubie1

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
This is why I want to figure out how to read the ECU myself for cheaply, then we just need a copy of someones European tune to go with this pipe and DPF deletes will be much cheaper.
It was 50$ extra for the dpf delete add on tune for my Gde eco tune.
post #9 of 16 Old 06-19-2017, 12:26 PM
moonvan
2008 WK 

I got mine a few months back from a guy in canada for $180 shipped

2008.5 Grand Cherokee S-Limited CRD
post #10 of 16 Old 06-19-2017, 02:04 PM
underscore
2007 WK 

Quote:
Right, but you still need to pay for the base tune, which not everyone wants to do.

2007 WK CRD QDII
post #11 of 16 Old 06-19-2017, 02:08 PM
btburn
2007 WK 

Garage
I bought my DPF delete from the same place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over-land View Post
Ok guys, this forum helps me out so i'm giving back some newfound (for me) knowledge on how to buy a factory Mopar "delete" pipe that replaces your DPF. After hours of searching for a alternative to a $300 aftermarket pipe I found what I was looking for!

Here in the US we think that whatever we have the rest of the world has and it's all the same - WRONG! It turns out Europe does not have the stringent emissions restrictions we have and as a result they do not have the DPF and it's a standard down pipe. A FACTORY DELETE PIPE!

I saw some guys a while back buy the delete pipe from Ebay UK as these are simply junkyard parts over there. So after a simple Ebay UK search I found the pipe from UKchryslerspares and for less than $150USD shipped to my door it was all mine in all it's glory!

Behold the fabled streamlined ultralight Euro-delete pipe!

Another angle for reference

US mega snowflake DPF and UK pipe for comparison

This is a plug and play swap and fits like it should. Its OEM Mopar and looks stock like it was always there!
post #12 of 16 Old 06-19-2017, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Over-land
2007 WK 

Quote:
Guess GDE raised the cost... I just did my "custom tune" to add on the DPF delete to my Eco tune and Keith charged me $100

It's IMO really expensive and I'm not sure if it's really worth it all said and done when the tune is $695 + $100 to add the DPF delete option plus the cost of the pipe it's self. GDE has the market by the balls in this catagory and charge what they want and we reluctantly pay it... Not a rant but on my other car I have a tune that came with 3 preset tunes and complete and full mapping ability that I can change on the fly whenever I want for less than $500.
post #13 of 16 Old 06-19-2017, 06:57 PM
suzieque
2008 WK 

Overland, what is factory Mopar part number for the delete pipe? I'm assuming that the part number is somewhere on the box, invoice or packing list.

2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
post #14 of 16 Old 06-19-2017, 07:23 PM
caddydaddy
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Right, but you still need to pay for the base tune, which not everyone wants to do.
As someone who has removed the intake manifolds and seen the thick sooty sludge that coats the inside of them, the price for the GDE tune to shut off the EGR system is worth that alone!
The added fuel economy, HP, Torque and disabling of the swirl motor system is an added bonus.

2007 CRD Limited w/QDII
GDE HOT Tune, Turbo Resonator Delete
2" RC lift
196,000+ miles!
post #15 of 16 Old 06-19-2017, 10:37 PM
underscore
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddydaddy View Post
As someone who has removed the intake manifolds and seen the thick sooty sludge that coats the inside of them, the price for the GDE tune to shut off the EGR system is worth that alone!
The added fuel economy, HP, Torque and disabling of the swirl motor system is an added bonus.
So do the EHM with a venturi tube to keep things clean, and buy a resistor to disable the swirl motor if yours is dead.

2007 WK CRD QDII

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.