Extended Warranty Experience on Lifted WK? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Extended Warranty Experience on Lifted WK?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #1
diver110
2009 WK 

Extended Warranty Experience on Lifted WK?

When I bought my WK, I also bought a "lifetime warranty." The dealership essentially claimed that all non-maintenance items were covered as long as I own the Jeep, with a $150 deductible per matter. When I later got the warranty, it did not say that. E.G. a worn out transmission is not covered, though service departments seem to see it as a lifetime warranty.

Be that as it may, this fall I likely will put on a 2 inch lift. I am told it will take out of warranty items affected by the lift. I am hoping that is limited to suspension components, but one could argue the whole powertrain is affected. Anyone have any experience in this regard?

Unread 04-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Bigger then stock wheels/tires are known to cause more stress/heat/wear on the drivetrain(trans mostly and fancy electronic t-cases).Driveshaft u-joints/CV joints are also effected,this would be for your rear driveshaft since your IFS and the front driveshaft does not move.Your front CV axles will also be effected since there not at the intended angles.

Oh and that "lifetime" is the parts lifetime,all parts wearout so say at 250,000 miles your trans starts slipping that can be considered it's "lifetime" and not covered since all trans will fail since they do rely on fluid and wear itmes like clutches.Same goes for the engine,diffs,and t-case.
Unread 04-15-2013, 05:16 AM   #3
diver110
2009 WK 

Labor is covered too, but yeah, I assume at some point they will say the warranty does not apply. If that is 250,000 miles, the warranty would still be a great deal. Lots to break on an Overland. I do worry that with a lift I am walking away from a healthy chunk of the warranty.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.