Expanding the WK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Expanding the WK

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 09-17-2013, 07:10 AM   #1
brutusjeep
2006 WK 

Expanding the WK

This started four years ago. Found an old 1960 Military M416 trailer in Oregon. It sat for the better part of three years in my garage because of a growing family. I buckled down over the last few months and have it about 80% done to what I want. I wanted to still go into the mountains with my Jeep but not be limited to camping in my tent on the ground.

image-2327741753.jpg

image-2551673055.jpg

2006 GC Limited, 5.7L HEMI, Quad II. 4XGUARD Belly & Front (black powder coat) skid plates. Matrix front guard, PIAA Matrix mounted lights, 265/70 Nitto Trail Graplers MT, 1.5" Spider Trax spacers, Super Chips Tuner, OME MD Lift, 4XGUARD differential guard, JBA UCA'S.
brutusjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
SSF556
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Nice setup......
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
SSF556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

What more are you wanting to do to it since its only 80% done? Any more pics of it?
Unread 09-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
brutusjeep
2006 WK 

Yes I'll post the before, surfing and final here today. This past weekend was the first run I had. The issue I have with the Jeep is I'm 6'7" and my kids have no room behind me. Plus I wanted to bring more gear and the back is great but if you have a dog that sits back there you have no more room. The roof box is awesome and I've used it for five years. The trailer just extends the use of the WK. the HEMI pulls it just fine over tough trails. The spare should be on the jeep but the factory winch broke and I have not fixed it yet. I need a new axle with electric brakes. I assume I'm around 1500lb's now. I noticed that I was stuffing the rear tires when articulating due to the tongue weight, so that will need to be addressed. The trailer will have a lot of little mods from this point forward like solar, better water storage and my locks are not matching up correctly.

More to come....
2006 GC Limited, 5.7L HEMI, Quad II. 4XGUARD Belly & Front (black powder coat) skid plates. Matrix front guard, PIAA Matrix mounted lights, 265/70 Nitto Trail Graplers MT, 1.5" Spider Trax spacers, Super Chips Tuner, OME MD Lift, 4XGUARD differential guard, JBA UCA'S.
brutusjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
NDSU_Bison
2014 WK 

Is there someone in your family who uses a wheelchair since the photo shows your setup in the wheelchair-accessible handicapped spot?
NDSU_Bison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #6
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSU_Bison View Post
Is there someone in your family who uses a wheelchair since the photo shows your setup in the wheelchair-accessible handicapped spot?
This ^^^.

Nice set-up. How much cargo and tongue weight are you hauling/pulling? Seems like some good rear sag.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.