etp's Build Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > etp's Build Thread

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
etp

etp's Build Thread

Well, I regret not taking pictures since I got my Jeep, but Ive got some from a while back. The work in this post has been done over the course of about two years, mainly because my 17 year old income can't do it any faster, hah! So anyways, here we go!

It came home with me as a stock 2005 White 3.7L WK with QT1 (AWD).

It stayed stock for about a year until I added the OME HD lift kit, and Goodyear Wrangler Authority Tires (Got em' for $500 installed OTD - a steal IMO)!

Next, I installed a new JVC headunit (KDR-820BT), Infinity Speakers, a Sound Ordnance (love it for the money) amp, and ran all new heavy duty speaker wire - sorry, no pictures. I got really frustrated with that one!

Then came the K&N 77 CAI, Fastman TB, SCT Preformance Tuner, and Magnaflow Exhaust!

Finally, I bought a set of Carbon Satin Rubicon wheels form a guy with a black JK, and mounted my Goodyears on em. During that same time, I added spidertrax spacers and did the pinch weld mod.

And that is how she sits now! I want to make it more agressive looking but am having trouble with some ideas - so throw em at me! Also, I am trying to find white door handles and chrome trim, so if anybody knows a good place, let me know!

05 Laredo WK - 3.7L QT1 - OME HD 3" - 245/75/17 Goodyear Wrangler Authorities - Graphite MOAB Rims - 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers - K&N 77 CAI - SCT Tuner w/ 93 Octane - Fastman TB - Magnaflow Exhaust - Infinity Kappa Speakers w/JVC KDR-820BT
etp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
Robb286
2006 WK 

Looks great! It sits really nice with ome kit. How does the magnaflow sound with the 3.7?
Robb286 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
etp

Sounds excellent, like a stock V8 or HEMI (I know I know... I wish). I can upload a video for you if you'd like!
05 Laredo WK - 3.7L QT1 - OME HD 3" - 245/75/17 Goodyear Wrangler Authorities - Graphite MOAB Rims - 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers - K&N 77 CAI - SCT Tuner w/ 93 Octane - Fastman TB - Magnaflow Exhaust - Infinity Kappa Speakers w/JVC KDR-820BT
Unread 04-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
mattydipps
2006 WK 

please do upload!
Unread 04-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
etp

Video on the way - what do you think I could do to make it more "agressive" looking?
Unread 04-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #6
JRLT
2010 WK 

And does the Magna Flow have a model Number?
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #7
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

You could do something like the Matrix and mount some lights on it. Or a rack with lights. Or some taillight guards. That kind of thing usually makes a Jeep look more aggressive.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #8
etp

I was hoping you would chime in Omelete! Im actually hoping to fab up your famous winch plate as soon as i can find a shop who can lay some welds fairly cheap, the steel is already covered! Can you tell a difference in MPGs with a ROLA roof rack installed? Ive heard every answer under the rainbow and can't seem to get something straightforward.
Unread 04-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #9
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Oh ya there you go! That will add to the look and function quite nicely. I actually have the Gobi rack not the Rola, though I am sure the aerodynamics are similar. But I am the last person to ask about that I don't pay enough attention to my gas mileage to tell. I can say that there is an increase in wind noise, not bad just noticeable. Another thing you could do is mount 4 slim lights to your stock crossbar. That would be cheap yet functional and still add to the aggressive look.

Unread 04-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #10
mattydipps
2006 WK 

toss some hellas behind the grille..... truck looks awesome btw im a sucker for a white wk
Unread 04-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #11
etp

Do you have a link to the lights mounted in the crossbar?
Unread 04-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #12
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I don't remember who's WK I have seen them on. I have some pics saved on my computer, if you PM me your email I will send them to you.

Unread 04-16-2012, 02:38 AM   #13
oducks12
2005 WK 

I have the Rola rack installed on my 3.7, also have a bike rack and ski rack on top, and got 19.2 average mpg going about 70 for 300 miles today. Not too bad! Before the rack I was getting about 20, so not too much of a difference. I also have the K&N, so I figure you can expect similar results. As far as making the Jeep look more aggressive, I would add some fogs into the factory slots (personally I can't stand the black plastic spacers) and a front skid, followed by a front guard of some sort. The 4XGuard matrix is really nice, it's on my list of things to (eventually) purchase. I like the way you're heading with your WK!
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="1"][CENTER]Silver WK Club Member #35 | 2005 WK 3.7 Laredo | Hypertech 52001 programmer | K&N Intake | Magnaflow 50 series muffler | Navigation | Rola rack | 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill | 2 KC Daylighters on roof | ARB on board air compressor | 265 70 17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's | Pinch weld and rear fender trim | Spidertrax 1.5" spacers | expanded metal grill | LED stack lights | Monroe LL shocks | Bilstein HD struts | Rough Country 2" lift | Kenwood amp w/ two Alpine type R 10" subs[/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][SIZE="2"]See How It Was Made [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/oducks-build-thread-1385731/"][B][COLOR="Black"]HERE[/COLOR][/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]
oducks12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2012, 05:18 AM   #14
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Nice thread, man!
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #15
etp

Thanks Guys! Omelete, do you have a write up on how you put that light bar in the matrix?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.