ESP/BAS light on -

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-07-2009, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
ESP/BAS light on

Hi All, I have a 2006 Jeep Commander 4.7 litre with the ESP/BAS light on. Checked OBDII for codes. All I found was C0077 Low tire pressure. Thought I found problem when the low tire light ws on too. Tires were all low. Didn't put out ESP/BAS light I checked wheel sensors and all are reading the same going done road. I looked for damage to undercarriage (none) The steering wheel is straight. Anyone have same problem? Any help would be great

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 6 Old 04-07-2009, 10:08 AM
I can’t see why you don’t have any codes if the light is on. All I can think is your scanner can’t read the codes. Even if the ABS module went down you would get a loss of comms DTC set against it from other module. Suggest try another code reader.

UK Chrysler Jeep Master Tec.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-07-2009, 01:13 PM
1988 YJ Wrangler 
I had the same problem, just go and get your PCM reflashed, im pretty sure thats what fixed mine or it may have been a TSB. check out and look for that TSB.

'90 YJ- 4 bangin on 32's
'72 Dodge Dart 318 V8, 2 door
post #4 of 6 Old 05-03-2009, 06:47 PM
I just had brand new tires put on my 2006 Jeep Commander a couple of days ago. Immediately after I drove away from the tire place the low tire pressure light came on even though the tires were not low. The light went off after I turned the Jeep off then back on again. Today when I got into my Jeep, the "ESP BAS" light and the "Traction Symbol" light came on and stayed on. When I turned the Jeep off and then back on again the lights were gone. Does anybody have any clue what this means? Do you think it has something to do with me putting new tires on it?
post #5 of 6 Old 05-03-2009, 07:39 PM
1988 YJ Wrangler 
Have you had your PCM reflashed at the dealer?

'90 YJ- 4 bangin on 32's
'72 Dodge Dart 318 V8, 2 door
post #6 of 6 Old 05-03-2009, 07:56 PM
2011 WK 
I put new wheels on my Jeep Soon After somehow i broke a wheel speed sensor so it could be a problem with one of them too possibly. I had the Same Issues a WK of Course.

2006 Jeep WK Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7
( Midnight Blue Pearl Coat)

Leather, Nav, 4x4 Package, Khaki Interior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.