Engine Trepidation 3.0l crd Jeep Commander - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Engine Trepidation 3.0l crd Jeep Commander

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 03-01-2014, 02:05 AM   #1
andreigrg
2007 XK Commander 

Engine Trepidation 3.0l crd Jeep Commander

Hello guys. I'm new on this forum and what brought me here is a problem with my car.
I got a Jeep Commander 2007 3.0l crd. I got some problems with an engine trepidation in low shift ( less that 1200). When i accelerate it, it starts working normally, with no problems. Few weeks ago i got some problems with the plug relay and somebody tried to repair it, but 2-3 days after that, the relay "crashed" again. The mechanic repaired it again, the car worked for some few more days, and then it started to trepidate. I went to some services where they told me that the problem is with one atomizer. I changed it but i still got the same trepidation under 1200. I tried to put it on more testers and they doesn't identify any errors... Now the services tells me that a piston doesn't work properly... I'm pretty desperate because i don't know what to do, and i'm sick of the mechanichs of my country because all they trying to do is to get more money by keeping the car in the service and changing parts by guessing whats the problem, not by identifying it. I hope you guys can help me, and thanks a lot for your time!

andreigrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2014, 12:47 AM   #2
andreigrg
2007 XK Commander 

Isn't there anybody that can help me with an advice about this problem please?
andreigrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #3
IIMacGyverII

2007 WK 

By trepidation you mean vibration right? The car shakes when decelerating below 1200 rpm right?

We could use more information.

1. Is it high or low frequency?

2. Violent or subtle?

3. Braking or coasting?

4. Have you checked all fluids especially the transmission? Did you check the trans fluid level correctly knowing the trans fluid temp and the MM measurement? The temp and MM are essential to properly measuring the level in these transmissions.

5. Do you have any codes stored? CEL on?

6. Car accelerates perfectly when your floor the peddle from a dead stop to 100kph?

7. Does the car pull under braking or accelerating?

8. This is your only problem(including strange noises at any other time)?

N23 Recall Victim
IIMacGyverII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #4
jediknight
2008 WK 

Yeah more details would help. Maybe harmonic balancer ... I know the sprinter folks got some issues with it and there was a big issue on merc side with this part. You said atomizer has been replaced (I presume this is an injector ?) If an injector is not synch with ecu after replacement, the egine will run badly, misfire and even stall. Dealer needs to insert 7digit code written on the injector into starmobile/ witech for the good cylinder number and perform calibration.

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5226

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.