Engine locked? Sentry key immobilizor system? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Engine locked? Sentry key immobilizor system?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #16
colinzj
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldmaker View Post
Hello, what a fiasco...
Jeep towed twice once home next to dealer.
Had a skim replacement at dealer two keys reprogrammed $388.00.
Don't have a fob, but going to get one.
Say what now? These vehicles shipped with RKE-equipped keys. Literally the only way to end up with a standard key is to walk into a dealership parts counter and ask for one. If your keys have buttons on them, that's the only "fob" there is. (And if you have a later model, the keyless FOBIK fob is it, period.)

What exactly is the problem you're having? There are a lot of potential ignition issues that have nothing to do with the Sentry Key system.

Unread 07-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #17
goldmaker

Hey Jeeper's, My '99 Cherokee Ltd, 4x4, great vehicle but has a few situations with security being the main culpert.
Did not use fob for almost two years. Used chiped key (original). One time no ignition (start) one day looked up symptoms here and found some funny but real working help. ONE is turn key three or four time's to start but on fourth time it may start it worked a couple times.

Also works from drivers door , turn to right then left 4 or five times and then it may start?
But it began one Friday night ...Washing exterior.
No start three blocks from house $85.00 tow for night.
Did the turn key magic and it was working for a couple starts.

Couple day's later.
Stranded getting a new comode for house Tow to Dealer $120.00.
Skim modual installed $388.00 worked a few starts.

Stranded again...with
Hooked up with trailer $125.00 Tow and it was
Saturday afternoon dealer closed for repairs.
Got to dealership and it started !@#!#!$~$ took it and the trailer home.
Notice here the probably 30 :minute no try to start sequence.

Trailer got stolen, jeep starting several times after that...
Week later.
Went to "What a burger" , leaving no start ( security circle with a line through the key error Icon , Great!
Walked the 1.5 miles to get other car to tow that night and it started!@!$@!!#$.
Did the drive and walk twice for the night.!@#!!@$
Jeep started next day again no problems....

Got fob .. $25.00 online, dealer programed $50.00 working good had the confidence that i had cured the problem ,,,,NOT!
Went to drum Jam 16 miles from home and leaving <<< you guessed it no start.... Girl friend out of town for three weeks so FUc@@#$#$!%$.

Got ride home that night @ 2:30 slept till 8: and got back to the drum jam and ....!@@#!$#2 ____It started.. sat for 6 hours in parking lot.....

Week later...Yesterday 7/09/13
Went to take dying dog to ER and not start...Fuc!@#!$...
I think it's a timing thing with the security modual.... but now I just make sure If I get stranded I'm able to deal with it ....
Seem's like if i give it at least 30 minutes rest It will start...

No start last evening but started today! #$!@$@!#%!@#$!!!

Mechanic friend not versed in electronics said it my need to be reset through the radio,,, I do have errors in the cd player!
Who know's...
_________

Who know's just thought I'd share this story...
goldmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #18
goldmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinzj View Post
Say what now? These vehicles shipped with RKE-equipped keys. Literally the only way to end up with a standard key is to walk into a dealership parts counter and ask for one. If your keys have buttons on them, that's the only "fob" there is. (And if you have a later model, the keyless FOBIK fob is it, period.)

What exactly is the problem you're having? There are a lot of potential ignition issues that have nothing to do with the Sentry Key system.
__________________________________________________ _______Hey thanks for the reply... sorry life is too full all the time. See new senerio above for description of symptoms,,, thanks for reading.
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #19
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Quote:
__________________________________________________ _______Hey thanks for the reply... sorry life is too full all the time. See new senerio above for description of symptoms,,, thanks for reading.
Call an automotive locksmith. I deal with immobilsers daily and these types of problems. Sounds dumb but have you tried dis-connecting the NEG terminal on the battery for 15-20 minutes then retrying?

I would personally erase all keys from the immo., then re-enroll all your original keys after doing the NEG battery cable trick which clears any immo. codes. Which most automotive locksmiths have the tool for this (MUCH cheaper than a dealer typically).

Google KeyPro in Texas, I don't know where you're at related to him but he's an effing genius with this stuff. Guy's name is Stacy and i've been to his automotive locksmithing classes learning how to use EEPROM on a cars immo. Google him and explain your issue
2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Shafer57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #20
goldmaker

Hey Shafer, thanks very much...appreciate your taking time...
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #21
goldmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinzj View Post

__________________________________Hey Thanks_____________________

Thanks for taking time here.appreciate it very much.
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #22
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Quote:
Hey Shafer, thanks very much...appreciate your taking time...
2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Shafer57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.