Engine light and service 4wd - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Engine light and service 4wd

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
Hemily_GC
2005 WK 

Engine light and service 4wd

I decided to take it out this week to test the 4WD (jeep is new to me) soon as it went into gear after selecting low range the jeep alerted me that the 4wd system needed to be serviced. On the way home the engine light came on. I plan on getting the codes read as soon as i can but everything seems to be working fine... Any ideas?? Its an 05 limited with QD II.

Unread 09-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

If could be alot of different things. Really won't know till we know what the codes are.
Unread 09-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
Hemily_GC
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin
If could be alot of different things. Really won't know till we know what the codes are.
Yeah i was going to get it checked today but are dealership is closed for labor day. I did some reading and saw that jeep put a notice several years back for 05 to early 06 models for this light just coming on was just curios if anyone else had had this happen to them.
Unread 09-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #4
kentman
2006 XK Commander 

For me on the XK, the Service 4WD System message related to a bad ELSD solenoid in the front differential. The part was cheap, and I did it at the next differential fluid swap.
Unread 09-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Do the key dance. It takes literally 10 seconds and it pulls the codes for you through the EVIC system or you can go to autozone and they can pull the codes for you too.
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
Hemily_GC
2005 WK 

So heard from the dealer today. He said the problem was my font locking diff actuator. Now I am wondering if the previous owner had the N23 recall done and this is the result of it. I asked the service department if the recall had been done and he just shrugged his shoulders. Either way 450 bucks to fix it guess I am committed now.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.