Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Electrical problem on 07 commander

10K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  JCommander07 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 Jeep commander sport with only 1,200 miles and i ran into a problem today. Right now i currently have no power door locks, no power mirrors, my 2 front power windows dont work, i also have no inside lights and when i turn my jeep off and open my door my radio doesnt turn off i have to push the botton. I checked the fuses inside and they all are fine, i dont know whats going on with it.

#2 ·
I have never had that complete set of problems before and we have had over 40 vehicles. So do the second row power windows work? The driver's seat? At least it still runs. When you take it to the dealer get everything typed out on the work order and keep all the documentation. Hopefully, this is not the start of a long process like all the folks with sudden shut off syndrome.
Wish I could be more helpful. It's getting a little depressing reading about all the problems with the Commander and new Wrangler.
Good Luck.

#4 ·
Electrical problems

I had an electrical problem on my wifes 06 Commander which was caused by a gaffed up installation of an autostart at the stealership. It seems if its not wired right it can cause many differant problems. They wired it the correct way. No more problems. Just food for thought.

#5 ·
Everything you mentioned is related to the front driver's door (even the radio not turning off). IMO there is probably a wiring issue in the door or in the harness from the door to under the dash. Probably a defect or improperly installed driver's door harness or driver's door computer module (if the WK has one - can't remember). If you have even a semi-competent mechanic, they should be able to fix it quickly since it is NOT intermittent and it is isolated.

Please let us know how it turns out.

#7 ·
2007 Jeep Commander

These same problems happened all at once to me too. Radio would not turn off once jeep was off and door was opened, passenger and driver front windows would not operate, courtesy lights would not operate, mirror control was inoperable, and door locking would not work unless i used the key FOB. I was able to find the answer on another forum in a conversation between a mechanic and another Jeep Commander owner - it was the 10amp fuse in position 12 within the fuse box located inside the Jeep. A quick trip to Walmart and i bought a fuse kit that had a fuse continuity checker. The continuity tool will allow you to check future fuses without pulling them all for a visual check.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.