Electrical problem on 07 commander - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-15-2007, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
srtdodge05
2011 MK Patriot 

Electrical problem on 07 commander

I have a 2007 Jeep commander sport with only 1,200 miles and i ran into a problem today. Right now i currently have no power door locks, no power mirrors, my 2 front power windows dont work, i also have no inside lights and when i turn my jeep off and open my door my radio doesnt turn off i have to push the botton. I checked the fuses inside and they all are fine, i dont know whats going on with it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-15-2007, 09:44 PM
wyocommander
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have never had that complete set of problems before and we have had over 40 vehicles. So do the second row power windows work? The driver's seat? At least it still runs. When you take it to the dealer get everything typed out on the work order and keep all the documentation. Hopefully, this is not the start of a long process like all the folks with sudden shut off syndrome.
Wish I could be more helpful. It's getting a little depressing reading about all the problems with the Commander and new Wrangler.
Good Luck.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-16-2007, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
srtdodge05
2011 MK Patriot 

The 2 front side windows wont work but the second row side windows work. Driver seat still works. My dads friend has some of the same problems and his commander was in the shop for 5 weeks.

post #4 of 7 Old 03-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Lieut106

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Electrical problems

I had an electrical problem on my wifes 06 Commander which was caused by a gaffed up installation of an autostart at the stealership. It seems if its not wired right it can cause many differant problems. They wired it the correct way. No more problems. Just food for thought.

The democracy will cease to exist
when you take away from those
who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
post #5 of 7 Old 03-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Tispco

Everything you mentioned is related to the front driver's door (even the radio not turning off). IMO there is probably a wiring issue in the door or in the harness from the door to under the dash. Probably a defect or improperly installed driver's door harness or driver's door computer module (if the WK has one - can't remember). If you have even a semi-competent mechanic, they should be able to fix it quickly since it is NOT intermittent and it is isolated.

Please let us know how it turns out.

94 White Cherokee Country
3" SkyJacker Lift
BFG 30s on TJ Canyon's
Rocky Road Armor

07 RockRed Grand Cherokee Laredo
4.7L V-8
QuadraDrive II
Off-Road Package
post #6 of 7 Old 08-12-2014, 12:29 PM
deratristar
2000 WJ 

This is EXACTLY the problem I am having... has anyone figured out the cause as well as a fix???
post #7 of 7 Old 01-18-2015, 06:15 AM
JCommander07
2007 XK Commander 

2007 Jeep Commander

These same problems happened all at once to me too. Radio would not turn off once jeep was off and door was opened, passenger and driver front windows would not operate, courtesy lights would not operate, mirror control was inoperable, and door locking would not work unless i used the key FOB. I was able to find the answer on another forum in a conversation between a mechanic and another Jeep Commander owner - it was the 10amp fuse in position 12 within the fuse box located inside the Jeep. A quick trip to Walmart and i bought a fuse kit that had a fuse continuity checker. The continuity tool will allow you to check future fuses without pulling them all for a visual check.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.