Dual HID Projector Setup PICS!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Dual HID Projector Setup PICS!!!

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-27-2007, 03:12 AM   #1
urban-yan
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Dual HID Projector Setup PICS!!!

My buddy Greg is almost finished with a dual HID projector retrofit for a client's 07 WK. I thought
I'd share the Pics he just sent me . All that's left is get the bezel pieces chromed. BTW, if
anyone is interested in anything HID/LED -- I'll put you in touch with my buddy. He's doing an
LED marker retro for my XJ, and his buddy did a 350z retro in my WJ. Enjoy the Pics

urban-yan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:22 AM   #2
T-Rated

That's sure nice! Amazing cutoff on the garage. What did he charge? (parts/labor)

Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Bells Whistles
Mods: Tow Hooks Mopar & 4xGuard Skid Plates & Rock Rails Flowmaster 70 255/65R17 REVO's
T-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2007, 08:09 AM   #3
LEDFoot
1999 WJ 

Nice work, does it retain all the features, auto-leveline etc?

Question though, did he use two 350Z headlights for each side? I thought the 350 only has a single projector (not bi-xenons)?
If that is the case how is the high-beam controlled?
LEDFoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #4
urban-yan
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I'll ask about the auto-level feature, and price.

RE: The 350z projectors are in my WJ (they're single beam - the HID low beam stays on with the halogen high-beam during high-beam mode in my WJ). I only mentioned my retro to show these guys know their way around Jeeps (whether it be an XJ, WJ, or WK)

Unread 11-28-2007, 07:58 AM   #5
LEDFoot
1999 WJ 

Any pics of the WJ setup?

What kind of projectors were used for the WK? It _looks_ to me like the hi-beam has a completely separate HID unit which unfortunally will not work well so I'm cusious to see how he's solving this?
Unread 11-28-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
urban-yan
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDFoot
Any pics of the WJ setup?
I have these 2 pics on file. I do have to say I regret using 350Z projectors, the bi-xenons in my
XJ put out a ton more light... than again, it's not like Josh didn't try to get me to use Infiniti FX
projectors instead. BTW. I'm still waiting for Greg to get back to me with the answers to some
of your questions

Unread 11-28-2007, 10:06 AM   #7
LEDFoot
1999 WJ 

Sweet, thanks for sharing.

I agree with you on the 350Z projectors probably not being the best choice.
They're a bit small-ish too.
Though with the headlight assemblies for the FX being ~$900 a pop I can understand you wouldn't necessarily go that route either.
Unread 11-28-2007, 10:55 AM   #8
07WKLtd
2007 WK 

I'd love to goto a dual HID setup (high + low) but my number one concern would be retaining full stock functionality - including smartbeam (one of my favorite features on my new WK)
07WKLtd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2007, 01:13 PM   #9
Scottina06
2006 WK 

I think he is on streetjeeps....user name izntrbl...or something like that. I believe he said about $1000 for that setup....or maybe it was a single projector....cant remember.
Scottina06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2007, 02:04 PM   #10
jeep_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07WKLtd
I'd love to goto a dual HID setup (high + low) but my number one concern would be retaining full stock functionality - including smartbeam (one of my favorite features on my new WK)
Smartbeam is a good idea, but it just proves drivers are lazy. If you can't operate your highs and lows by your self, you shoudn't be driving at night.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2007, 02:25 PM   #11
Scottina06
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
Smartbeam is a good idea, but it just proves drivers are lazy. If you can't operate your highs and lows by your self, you shoudn't be driving at night.

I agree...kind of a useless thing to me.
Unread 11-30-2007, 05:01 AM   #12
urban-yan
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDFoot
Sweet, thanks for sharing.

I agree with you on the 350Z projectors probably not being the best choice.
They're a bit small-ish too.
Though with the headlight assemblies for the FX being ~$900 a pop I can understand you wouldn't necessarily go that route either.
I was going for the smaller projector look. I saw it on a modified WJ from Japan once, and I thought it looked clean, yet aggressive. FX assemblies don't have to cost you an arm and a leg if you know where to look (mainly ebay). Josh and Greg also have their sources for oem HID parts, so don't worry... you won't be stuck paying $900+their labor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07WKLtd
Isn't smartbeam controlled by a camera/processor located somewhere outside the headlights (i.e. mounted to the rearview mirror)? If that's the case, than Greg's retro will not affect that feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottina06
I think he is on streetjeeps....user name izntrbl...or something like that. I believe he said about $1000 for that setup....or maybe it was a single projector....cant remember.
You're talking about Josh, and he's originally from J-body.org. That's where I met him (back when we both drove crumb-bum sunbirds and sunfires). He was just getting started with retros back than, but now business is good and demand is high (you can see pictures of some retros at his website - http://www.izntrbl.com/. Greg helps him out with the workload.

The streetjeeps set-up you're referring to is Craig's. He's running a full infiniti FX bi-xenon set-up. lol he put in the order with Josh the second he saw my 350z single beam retro. My WJ retro cost less than the price you mentioned.. mainly because I got a great deal on a 350Z set-up on ebay, and cut me deal for spreading his name around. All I can say that I've been a fan of HID retros for quite some time, and competent work is hard to find; Josh and Greg are a rare exception (and sorry if that sounded like a sales pitch)

Last edited by urban-yan; 11-30-2007 at 05:13 AM..
Unread 11-30-2007, 07:10 AM   #13
Scottina06
2006 WK 

their work does look top notch
Unread 11-30-2007, 08:09 AM   #14
LEDFoot
1999 WJ 

Thanks for the link. It does look like good stuff.
The fx34 bi-xenon kit for <$400 is actually pretty cheap... Gots me thinking hmmmm....
Unread 11-30-2007, 01:28 PM   #15
07WKLtd
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
Smartbeam is a good idea, but it just proves drivers are lazy.
I agree.

Quote:
If you can't operate your highs and lows by your self, you shoudn't be driving at night.
Who said that they are unable to operate the high/low beams themselves? What was really said was that I'd prefer to retain the autobeam functionality. It's very convenient particularly when you are in rural areas without much ambient light.

Your statement would be roughly analagous to you having a question about your 4wd system and wanting to retain all of it's stock functionality and then having me telling you to drop your front driveshaft, disable traction control & abs as well as any other features of your 4wd system that aid in traction because if you can't wheel without them, you shouldn't be taking your vehicle offroad. Absurd, IMO.

07WKLtd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.