DTC C140F.... What does it mean? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > DTC C140F.... What does it mean?

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-26-2015, 10:42 PM   #1
DB05wkNY
Go Pack!

2005 WK 

DTC C140F.... What does it mean?

So while playing with my new Superchips Flashpaq I decided to check the DTC code list. I have no engine lights or anything telling me something may be wrong. So when I saw this I got a little worried. Here's a screenshot of what the flashpaq had to say... Any input is greatly appreciated.

image.jpg  
SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #136
DB05wkNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2015, 05:15 AM   #2
caulk04
2008 WK 

That's the code you get with the N23 recall issue.

It could also be genuine, but most likely it's an erroneous error being caused by a bad N23 flash. Have the dealer do the most recent update to the N23 procedure, make sure they know to follow the instructions to the letter.
Unread 02-27-2015, 05:49 PM   #3
DB05wkNY
Go Pack!

2005 WK 

Do I have to return to stock with the flashpaq before bringing it to them?
SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #136
DB05wkNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2015, 06:41 PM   #4
Kman09JGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB05wkNY
yes if they flash it with the tune in you will lose it. Then you will have pay i think 100 bucks to unlock tuner.
Black WK Club #107
Kman09JGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2015, 07:04 PM   #5
CavallinoRed
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB05wkNY View Post
You should be able to clear the code with your flashpaq but if N23 related it will come back. C140F is a transfer case alignment error.

Taking it to the dealer to get it re-flashed with the N23 procedure updated 7/29/14 has worked for most and should be no charge but some have had to also have the transfer case actuator replaced as well.

You have to push a bit to get the actuator covered as they are still trained to say there is no connection but with bad circuit boards in the actuator causing the recall in the first place.....

As per Kman09JGC - you should return to stock before you take it in.
CavallinoRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.